Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Oh my lord, this is leaps and bounds better than Music Player Remix. Fantastic UI. I am confused on what is what, maybe a few pics in the help section would be useful.
    The interactive help system (the "?" at the top-right corner of the screen) will help people get familiar with all the functions on each screen. But of course that won't help you right now since the Beta doesn't have it implemented.

And the final version of the app will have tutorial videos on the help screen (similar to my GeoStrings and Web Hopper apps). Each tutorial video will help describe each feature (ex. bookmarking, universal search, flylists, etc.).

The best thing to do would be to watch my preview videos (link is in my signature) to see the new features demonstrated. Or if you have specific questions, ask me about them in this thread and I'll help you out.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by beho View Post
    App seems great, thanks! I'm most grateful for added last.fm support which i've been missing on pre.

Anyways I've found small bug - when scrobbling a name with diacritic, which is displayed fine on pre's screen, it arrives damaged to last.fm (e.g. Danel gst becomes Dan el Ágúst ).

An lastly a question - do scrobbles get cached until phone is connected to web ?

Thanks again.
    Thanks for the report. I'll try out some special characters like the ones you listed above and see what can be done about those.

Good question about caching. This version of the beta does not cache any scrobbles. It only works while you have an active internet connection. But yes, it will eventually cache scrobbles.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Killer. App. This thing's going to help set the bar for this and other devices.

Thanks for putting it out there so we could start playing with it already. I'm sure you'll be getting tons of specific feedback in the days to come, but for now let me just say that the thought that went into the details of this interface really shines through. Elegant simplicity and a joy to use!
    One of my focuses was on user interface, so I'm glad people are enjoying it. Elegant simplicity was what I was aiming for.

Am I missing something on how to get this installed.

Since not in preware...thought I would use FileCoaster...so put in the URL and says "Install Failed"

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Am I missing something on how to get this installed.

Since not in preware...thought I would use FileCoaster...so put in the URL and says "Install Failed"
    If you have Internalz installed, you can just visit this thread from your Pre, click the link in the first post (then the subsequent Google docs link) and Internals will load the file and give you a "Install" option automatically.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    If you have Internalz installed, you can just visit this thread from your Pre, click the link in the first post (then the subsequent Google docs link) and Internals will load the file and give you a "Install" option automatically.
    I do...
    So I went to the site after I posted ont he computer, and on my Pre went to P|C. clicked on it, and it automatically opened PreWare with a Browse and Install option. I clicked install, and now I am waiting to see what happens.

I totally have never used this feature, and forgot it was there...hopefuly it works, cause fileCoaster doesn't seem to ever work for me anymore. I usually wait til available in PreWare...but love this app so got impatient.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Great work! Can't wait to test it out, and I'll certainly pay for the official version when it's launched as well.

One question, I know that up till now, api's didn't provide the necessary data to be able to properly sort multi-disc albums. For example:

track 1 -disc 1
    track 2 - disc 1
    track 3 - disc 1
    track 1 - disc 2
    track 2 - disc 2

Does the new version support this, or do you know if api's will be available to support this in the future?

Thanks...
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradleycorn View Post
    Great work! Can't wait to test it out, and I'll certainly pay for the official version when it's launched as well.

One question, I know that up till now, api's didn't provide the necessary data to be able to properly sort multi-disc albums. For example:

track 1 -disc 1
    track 2 - disc 1
    track 3 - disc 1
    track 1 - disc 2
    track 2 - disc 2

Does the new version support this, or do you know if api's will be available to support this in the future?

Thanks...
    Being under the Early Access Program NDA, I can't disclose whether or not this ability is in the APIs. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    K, I did that and it gave me the fail install message in after tapping Install.

Failed
    -1: Invalid or missing filename parameter

Not sure what I did wrong as all I did was tapp on the thread, then google link and bam it brought up Preware with the Install button and that was it.

I have Internalz installed, and FileMgr

UPDATE: NEVERMIND...I figured it out...for some reason it puts a bunch of extra lines with letterstaht don't need to be there cause of the google redirect.

very very nice interface havent gotten a chance to play with it yet all the way but it looks very good.
    DAN! Thank you so much for letting us try this out! i used your other Remix app religiously and interchanged with Nan. . Can't wait to play with this .
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdcamjc View Post
    DAN! Thank you so much for letting us try this out! i used your other Remix app religiously and interchanged with Nan. . Can't wait to play with this .
    Post back on here when you've had a chance to play around with it.

I also encourage all of the testers here to play around with all of the new features added (look in my original post or watch my videos to find details on all the features). There really is a lot to experience in the new app and you'd be surprised how handy some of the new features really become on a day-to-day basis. You're probably not going to find every single feature useful in your personal life (for instance I don't plan on using the sleep timer), but you may find a few that will fit your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Being under the Early Access Program NDA, I can't disclose whether or not this ability is in the APIs. Sorry!
    I should've realized that, being under the early access NDA myself. Anyway, thanks for the hard work, can't wait to try out the new player!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Love the new version. Loads faster, scrolls smoother. Just a lot better. Haven't noticed any bugs yet. Really like the fav feature. Good work!
    Uhm..... you honestly just dumped Apple.
    #1 app, hands down.

Now I don't see any donate button here, where the hell is that..?
    Best webOS-mod ever: have a look
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by funk64 View Post
    Love the new version. Loads faster, scrolls smoother. Just a lot better. Haven't noticed any bugs yet. Really like the fav feature. Good work!
    Thanks for the feedback! Yeah re-designing certain aspects of the app allowed it to become faster.

The "Faves" feature is something I had cooked up in my head since last year. It was inspired by a feature on my old Creative Zen Vision:M MP3 player. It allowed you to pin certain menu items on the home screen. If I remember correctly, you couldn't pin songs on there, but you could pin items like the Calendar on there. So this got me thinking how convenient it would to be able to pin my favorite items to the home screen so I could find them with a single tap.

17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by ltjSpin View Post
    Uhm..... you honestly just dumped Apple.
    #1 app, hands down.

Now I don't see any donate button here, where the hell is that..?
    Thanks a lot! I don't have a donation link on this app because it's a beta version of an app that will eventually be released in the app catalog. If you enjoy using the app, you can support it by purchasing it once it's available in the catalog.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Just downloaded this and played with it for a few minutes. Looks great. Created an artist Flylist in seconds that took me 10-20 minutes in the original Remix app. This is so flexible! Thanks for your efforts. I think I will definitely purchase when it goes to the app catalog!
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by neo999 View Post
    Just downloaded this and played with it for a few minutes. Looks great. Created an artist Flylist in seconds that took me 10-20 minutes in the original Remix app. This is so flexible! Thanks for your efforts. I think I will definitely purchase when it goes to the app catalog!
    Yeah flylists are definitely much more flexible now.

Speaking of flylist enhancements, here are few others. Some I've mentioned before, and some I haven't:

- You can re-order items in a flylist by dragging them.

- You can rename flylists by tapping on the "+" icon next to a flylist and selecting "Change flylist name"

- You can re-order flylists on the Flylist screen. So if you have a ton of flylists and want your favorite ones to show up at the top of the list, you can do this now.

- If you add an artist, album, genre, or playlist to a flylist and later change add or delete songs from one of those groups, the flylists will automatically update.

- When viewing the items in a flylist, tap on the bookmark icon at the bottom of the screen to resume where you left off the last time you played the flylist. Music Player (Remix) will automatically remember your position within all flylists and synced playlists.

Just in my testing, when you scroll through the entire alphabet scroller after loading a scene the first time, it will scroll all the way past Z instead of bouncing like it should
Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast