Page 39 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I cannot figure out how to get playlists (.m3u created from VLC) to be read.

It's in X:\MUSIC\ and all the music file locations are correct...

what am I missing?
  2.    #762  
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    I cannot figure out how to get playlists (.m3u created from VLC) to be read.

It's in X:\MUSIC\ and all the music file locations are correct...

what am I missing?
    In previous threads, I've posted instructions on how to get M3U files to be imported properly. Search my previous posts for "M3U" and you should be able to find the instructions. You can also try searching for "M3U" in the original Music Player (Remix) thread (found in the Hedami developer forum). I know the instructions were posted in there as well.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Just love the way music player remix carries on from where i was listening last time. Means i don't have to think about what i want to listen to :-)

Gx
  4.    #764  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Just love the way music player remix carries on from where i was listening last time. Means i don't have to think about what i want to listen to :-)

Gx
    Yeah the auto-bookmark is handy. And if you didn't know, each playlist and flylist also remembers where it left off. Just tap on the bookmark icon at the bottom of the playlist/flylist item list screen to resume where you left off the last time you played that list.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    In the artist view, if I click on the artist name, I get a list of the albums from the artist.

Is it possible to list all songs from a particular artist ? Or simpler, get a list of all songs that are listed as albums under an artist? i.e., get an option on top of all the albums listed as "All songs from this artist".

I feel the need for this for my Beatles collection. I want to play , say, Getting Better, but I dont remember which album to look under. I can ofcourse go to the Songs list and pick it from there. But it is more intuitive for me to go to Beatles because its a Beatles song. Also, after hearing that song, I want only songs from Beatles to play. So it will be better to have a "All songs from this artist".

Thanks for your consideration.
    veerar.
  6.    #766  
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    In the artist view, if I click on the artist name, I get a list of the albums from the artist.

Is it possible to list all songs from a particular artist ? Or simpler, get a list of all songs that are listed as albums under an artist? i.e., get an option on top of all the albums listed as "All songs from this artist".

I feel the need for this for my Beatles collection. I want to play , say, Getting Better, but I dont remember which album to look under. I can ofcourse go to the Songs list and pick it from there. But it is more intuitive for me to go to Beatles because its a Beatles song. Also, after hearing that song, I want only songs from Beatles to play. So it will be better to have a "All songs from this artist".

Thanks for your consideration.
    veerar.
    The quickest and easiest way to find a particular song, without knowing its originating album, is to just type its name. The universal search panel will appear and you can select the song. Or if you tap the "+" icon next to the song, you can add the song to the currently playing list (or even to a flylist or the faves list).

best music app out there to date imho, thanks for the awesome app!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Great App. Would appreciate the option to automatically start a playlist on shuffle mode. or is this already implemented?

Thanks!
  9.    #769  
    Quote Originally Posted by talalal View Post
    Great App. Would appreciate the option to automatically start a playlist on shuffle mode. or is this already implemented?

Thanks!
    Yes, at the bottom-left corner of the the playlist or flylist item list screen, there is a shuffle icon. Tap this to start the list in shuffle mode.

Any progress on getting the skip/rewind 30 sec, 60sec, 1 min, 2 min and 5 min to work? I listen to long audio books. I am currently using another media player on my Pre+ and would switch to Remix immediately for the skip/rewind feature.
    Last edited by swieder; 09/29/2010 at 10:21 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  11.    #771  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Any progress on getting the skip/rewind 30 sec, 60sec, 1 min, 2 min and 5 min to work? I listed to long audio books. I am currently using another media player on my Pre+ and would switch to Remix immediately for the skip/rewind feature.
    I'll have something in place for the final app catalog release. I'm currently working on webOS 2.0 related stuff which I obviously can't release to you guys at this time.

As I mentioned in the first post of this thread, there was going to come a time when the app branched into two versions (the public beta and a private beta). Well the time is upon us. The public beta branch is probably not going to receive any new features for a little while. I'm currently working on the private branch of the code which has webOS 2.0 related features/modifications. Once I get that code into a more finalized state, then I may start adding new features to the public beta branch again. But I won't know for sure until certain things progress in webOS 2.0 land. I can't go into any details since I'm under an NDA with Palm.

But preset skip/back buttons are on my high priority list of things to do, so you'll see them eventually.

is there a quick way to put a flylist in alphabetical order? or to play it in alphabetical order? is this still possible?

"Version 0.9.3:

- .... Selecting a song in a flylist will start playback at that song and play the flylist in alphabetical order."
  13.    #773  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    is there a quick way to put a flylist in alphabetical order? or to play it in alphabetical order? is this still possible?

"Version 0.9.3:

- .... Selecting a song in a flylist will start playback at that song and play the flylist in alphabetical order."
    You quoted the changelog of the original homebrew app. This is a totally new beast.

Instead of relying on a simple alphabetical ordering scheme, the order of the items in a flylist can now be changed by the user by holding and dragging the items on the Flylist item list screen. This was a big request by users of the old version of the app.

Speaking of re-ordering things, here's a little tidbit that people may not know: You can actually re-order the Flylists on the Flylists screen. So if you have a bunch of lists set up and you have some which are your favorites, you can place those at the top of the Flylists screen.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    You quoted the changelog of the original homebrew app. This is a totally new beast.

Instead of relying on a simple alphabetical ordering scheme, the order of the items in a flylist can now be changed by the user by holding and dragging the items on the Flylist item list screen. This was a big request by users of the old version of the app.

Speaking of re-ordering things, here's a little tidbit that people may not know: You can actually re-order the Flylists on the Flylists screen. So if you have a bunch of lists set up and you have some which are your favorites, you can place those at the top of the Flylists screen.
    right, that's cool, but abc would be cool too. It's just that I'm used to listening to flogging molly in abc order from my old mp3 player. But I'm not gna individually reorganize a flylist of 36 songs, but it's cool.
  15.    #775  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    right, that's cool, but abc would be cool too. It's just that I'm used to listening to flogging molly in abc order from my old mp3 player. But I'm not gna individually reorganize a flylist of 36 songs, but it's cool.
    Based on the feedback I've previously received, and based on my own intuition, I can't imagine too many people wanting to order songs in a flylist in alphabetical order.

Ordering a flylist of 36 songs wouldn't take too much time. I would guess about a minute or two. And once you do it, it'll always be in that order.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Possible bug:scrubber bar not tracking play prgress unless screen is unlocked. I couldn't do a good search on this subject using the mobile site, so I hope this hasen't already been addressed.
  17.    #777  
    Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    Possible bug:scrubber bar not tracking play prgress unless screen is unlocked. I couldn't do a good search on this subject using the mobile site, so I hope this hasen't already been addressed.
    You don't have to search the whole thread for issues. There is a list of "Known Issues" in the first post of this thread where all known issues, including the one you mentioned, are listed.

As far as this issue is concerned, the reason why it doesn't track is that I intentionally stop tracking when the scrubber bar dashboard is minimized (i.e. not shown). I do this so the app isn't performing needless activities in the background when the user can't see the scrubber bar.

However webOS for some reason marks the dashboard as minimized even when it's shown on the lock screen. There is an API to determine that the lock screen is active so I could use that to workaround this webOS bug; however that API is private so I can't use it.

So I'm not sure how I'll resolve this one. I may leave it the way it is because I would prefer that the scrubber bar didn't update needlessly while the user isn't viewing the mini-player.

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I just left android to come back to WebOS. This music app is hands down the best i've ever seen. Amazing!
  19.    #779  
    Quote Originally Posted by tp2386 View Post
    I just left android to come back to WebOS. This music app is hands down the best i've ever seen. Amazing!
    I'm curious...which music apps did you use on Android?

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Great work... a bit complicated at first, but after a few uses itīs a great experience.

I would love to be able to copy the lyrics of the songs and then be able to paste them anywhere, like in an email, or into a text document in order to keep it