Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #741  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    Awesome. Thanks! Like I said, this is a great app. Thanks for all your hard work.
    Thanks for your suggestion. Without everyone's input, I wouldn't know what various members of my userbase wants.
    Great app DanPLC, listening to music on the pre just got so much better!!

I have a request though. When it's in 'Mini player' mode, currently it shows three 'headphone' icons reflecting the three separate mini players. Is it possible to just show one headphone icon even if I've turn on all three? As the icons doesn't have any other function except expanding to the mini players. Showing just one will make the notification bar much clean and it will still works the same.
  3.    #743  
    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboxxer View Post
    Great app DanPLC, listening to music on the pre just got so much better!!

I have a request though. When it's in 'Mini player' mode, currently it shows three 'headphone' icons reflecting the three separate mini players. Is it possible to just show one headphone icon even if I've turn on all three? As the icons doesn't have any other function except expanding to the mini players. Showing just one will make the notification bar much clean and it will still works the same.
    No it's not possible. Every dashboard has a notification icon associated with it. So the price you pay for an innovative, multi-functional mini-player is having multiple notification icons.
    Definitely an impressive app - great work! I just can't wait for the launch parameter support so I can kill the stock music app once and for all.
  5.    #745  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent9612 View Post
    Definitely an impressive app - great work! I just can't wait for the launch parameter support so I can kill the stock music app once and for all.
    What specific launch parameter support are you looking for?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Bookmarks are not deleted when the file they reference is deleted. If you try to play a bookmark for a deleted file, you get the Now Playing view with an empty album art box, the information for the deleted file, and no playback (obviously).

If you then swipe to the next track on the playlist and play it, it jumps directly to the time in that file that was bookmarked in the deleted file.

ron
    First of all you've done a great job, thank you.

But i have one feature request that MP-Remix would save the lyrics that are downloaded.
  8.    #748  
    Quote Originally Posted by ron2112 View Post
    Bookmarks are not deleted when the file they reference is deleted. If you try to play a bookmark for a deleted file, you get the Now Playing view with an empty album art box, the information for the deleted file, and no playback (obviously).

If you then swipe to the next track on the playlist and play it, it jumps directly to the time in that file that was bookmarked in the deleted file.

ron
    You're correct...if you delete the file that a bookmark is based on, it will produce strange results if you try to load the bookmark. This shouldn't be too much of a surprise. But I can probably handle this error condition in a more elegant fashion.
  9.    #749  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayer View Post
    First of all you've done a great job, thank you.

But i have one feature request that MP-Remix would save the lyrics that are downloaded.
    There's currently no way of saving lyric data (or any other data) back to the audio file. And I'd rather not store a local database of audio file data. If the SDK is updated to provide audio tag write access, then I'll add this feature.
    First, let me say thanks for this app. The stock player falls short, bookmarking and moving through a song are mandatory features!
    I listen to hour plus files, bookmarking them when I stop listening. I'm still seeing the issue where I select a bookmark and the track starts playing at the beginning for a few seconds before jumping to my bookmark. Not a huge concern, thought I'd report it. 1.99.26 is what I'm using. Thanks
  11.    #751  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    First, let me say thanks for this app. The stock player falls short, bookmarking and moving through a song are mandatory features!
    I listen to hour plus files, bookmarking them when I stop listening. I'm still seeing the issue where I select a bookmark and the track starts playing at the beginning for a few seconds before jumping to my bookmark. Not a huge concern, thought I'd report it. 1.99.26 is what I'm using. Thanks
    Thanks for the report. Yep I'm aware of it. I don't think I updated the Known Issues list (in this thread's first post) yet though. I'll go do that now.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    You're correct...if you delete the file that a bookmark is based on, it will produce strange results if you try to load the bookmark. This shouldn't be too much of a surprise. But I can probably handle this error condition in a more elegant fashion.
    Seems like deleting the bookmark would be the ideal solution -- that's how my other three mp3 players handle it -- but I'm not sure how much additional processing that would require. The app is so peppy right now I'm loathe to suggest anything that would slow it down at all. It's a fairly rare scenario anyway, I'd imagine.

ron
  13.    #753  
    Quote Originally Posted by ron2112 View Post
    Seems like deleting the bookmark would be the ideal solution -- that's how my other three mp3 players handle it -- but I'm not sure how much additional processing that would require. The app is so peppy right now I'm loathe to suggest anything that would slow it down at all. It's a fairly rare scenario anyway, I'd imagine.

ron
    That might be possible.
    I'm just wondering if the app will save your viewmode in the future. I despise the album art viewmode and prefer it in the list format. Will these choices be saved to the player in future releases?

That aside it's a HUGE improvement over the default music player.
  15.    #755  
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryAtom View Post
    I'm just wondering if the app will save your viewmode in the future. I despise the album art viewmode and prefer it in the list format. Will these choices be saved to the player in future releases?

That aside it's a HUGE improvement over the default music player.
    Yes! I will be adding an option on the Preferences screen to allow the user to choose which view to load by default when displaying the Now Playing screen. So you will see this option available in the final app catalog release.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Possible to add an animation when tapping the arrow to the next song, so a switch from one album art to the next?
  17.    #757  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Possible to add an animation when tapping the arrow to the next song, so a switch from one album art to the next?
    I removed the animations that used to be in the old homebrew version of the app because they slowed things down and contributed to some of the bugs in the old app. As a result, I don't anticipate adding animations when switching songs. Also honestly, I don't see a need for an animation here.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Dan,

Sometimes I like having the shuffle automatically resume the next time I start the app a (ala Remix 1+) and sometimes I prefer that it doesn't (Remix 2). Is there any way to add the option to do either in the preferences screen?
    Incredible job.. Wow! It's worth buying twice..
  20.    #760  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Dan,

Sometimes I like having the shuffle automatically resume the next time I start the app a (ala Remix 1+) and sometimes I prefer that it doesn't (Remix 2). Is there any way to add the option to do either in the preferences screen?
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2674000