Page 37 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1. rlopin's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #721  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Yes, you're trying to install an older version. The latest version is 1.99.26. The Preware feed probably hasn't updated yet.

    To find the latest version number, you can always check the first post of this thread.
    You were right. Preware had the older version. I just waited it out and the new one appeared and installed correctly.

    Preware showed there was an update available for this app so I just hit the update button and it failed. I would have no reason to suspect Preware was pointing to an ipk file that no longer existed. I guess there is a timing issue.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  2.    #722  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    You were right. Preware had the older version. I just waited it out and the new one appeared and installed correctly.

    Preware showed there was an update available for this app so I just hit the update button and it failed. I would have no reason to suspect Preware was pointing to an ipk file that no longer existed. I guess there is a timing issue.
    Yeah it sounds like there's some type of timing issue with the Preware feeds (or at least the PreCentral feed within Preware).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  3. fsu120's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #723  
    Is there anyway to get a smart volume type setting? Some of my MP3's are louder than others so it is a pain to keep turning up and down the volume after the tracks change. It would be great to have a setting to set the volume for every track.
  4.    #724  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsu120 View Post
    Is there anyway to get a smart volume type setting? Some of my MP3's are louder than others so it is a pain to keep turning up and down the volume after the tracks change. It would be great to have a setting to set the volume for every track.
    There's currently no way for apps to control volume unless they use the PDK. Right now I'm using standard HTML audio (via the SDK).
  5. Xenovic's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #725  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    No it shuffles all the items in your Faves list. I'm guessing you have a bunch of stuff in your Faves list that may seem like your whole music collection.

    So I think you want to be able to shuffle individual items in the Faves list. This is something I'm investigating.
    Somehow I missed this post the other day and I actually came back to post that the shuffle was putting things from multiple "Fave" lists together... which is what you said here...

    Yes, it would be nice to shuffle just the "now playing" list. What I thought was strange (and maybe this was by design but I personally thought it was strange) is that even if it not shuffled, the first list on the "Faves" is appended by the next list on the "Faves" so in effect, the faves list becomes a big combined playlist.

    I guess I thought that was strange, because I viewed the "Faves" list as a way to get to my favorite playlists/flylists/etc quickly, not as a way to create playlists (which is accomplished extremely well with the "Flylists.")
  6. #726  
    Hi,


    can I somehow delete the Music Player's internal settings and make it re-read my whole Audio library?

    I have renamed a directory in the filesystem, holding my music, and now the Music Player still shows all the albums/ songs, but can't actually play them - probably because it's searching in the wrong location.
    sthones
  7.    #727  
    Quote Originally Posted by sthones View Post
    Hi,


    can I somehow delete the Music Player's internal settings and make it re-read my whole Audio library?

    I have renamed a directory in the filesystem, holding my music, and now the Music Player still shows all the albums/ songs, but can't actually play them - probably because it's searching in the wrong location.
    sthones
    If you renamed it while in USB Drive mode it should pick it up automatically. If not, try rebooting your phone.

    If you renamed it in Internalz, there is a known issue with that app in relation to updates not being registered by the webOS media indexer.

    But whatever the cause of your issue it's not related to any particular music app. It's related to the webOS media indexer.
  8. #728  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I have it on my to-do list.
    Thanks! The player is great! I don't know how anyone can deal with the stock player when this is around.
  9.    #729  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lingo View Post
    Thanks! The player is great! I don't know how anyone can deal with the stock player when this is around.
    I agree! I opened up the stock music app recently and I cringed.
  10. #730  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsu120 View Post
    Is there anyway to get a smart volume type setting? Some of my MP3's are louder than others so it is a pain to keep turning up and down the volume after the tracks change. It would be great to have a setting to set the volume for every track.
    For the time being, maybe try something like these to adjust the volume of the files before you add them to your device. I personally haven't tried them YET but they have good reviews.

    MP3Gain - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

    MediaMonkey Standard - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    Last edited by prolongexistence; 09/22/2010 at 01:36 AM.

    Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

    Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  11. #731  
    is last.fm scrobbling not working for anyone else? seems to have stopped since yesterday morning. i'm on wifi, internet works but the songs arent scrobbling.

    edit: nevermind, now it's working. weird.
  12. shmoo27's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #732  
    Question: where does the app get song lyrics from?

    I just downloaded a brand new album, and of course the lyrics aren't available. I figured if there is a web site that I could go to and upload the lyrics, then others would be able to use them...

    Thanks!!
  13. #733  
    Dan,

    I'm having a major problem with this app that never used to be a problem with the old one.

    Every night I listen to MP3 files that are 4 to 4.5 hours long. Your app stops dead in it's tracks usually about 16.5 minutes into it. This just so happens to be right near 1000 seconds. I had helped debug an issue with Govnah that had this same problem a couple months back. It used to crap out at exactly 1000 seconds (16 minutes, 40 seconds to be exact) we ended up finding out. I don't know what the back-end fix was for that was, but, oil or Rod fixed it I think).

    When your app dumps, it freezes for about 10 seconds, then the played time and the time remaining both go to zero then the player skips to the next track. The next track never plays and played and remaining time are both zero from the time of LOADING the tack - it never changes. It pauses for about 10 seconds, goes to the next track and the cycle repeats over and over. USUALLY just closing the player and reopening it will make it play again, but I've had to reboot the phone a few times to make it play again.

    I think it's tied to the number of seconds PLAYED because If I manually scrub a couple hours into a track, it plays fine until it reaches somewhere around 16.5 minutes. Also, if I resume a track (even if it's a couple hours in after having scrubbed) it seems to only play for what ever time is REMAINING from the ~16.5 that was played before. This can also be seen by playing 15 minutes of something, going to the next track and it'll then usually die after that ~1.5 remaining minutes.

    I'm going to send you a PM with the rest of this bug report (which is a request I'm sure you can guess...).

    I've been seeing this for all versions of the new player, I just never really put it all together since I'm usually asleep by that that 16 minute mark, but I see that it's dead when I wake up in the morning and not still playing like the old app.

    I will do my best to debug this further and get more accurate information for you.

    The Sleep Time is set at your default of 30. I have no idea if that's actually enabled or not. There's no indicator anywhere showing its state. Even if it was, the track dies way before that.

    I hope this makes some kind of sense to you. If not, I can try and re-explain it better. Just let me know.


    M.
  14.    #734  
    Quote Originally Posted by shmoo27 View Post
    Question: where does the app get song lyrics from?

    I just downloaded a brand new album, and of course the lyrics aren't available. I figured if there is a web site that I could go to and upload the lyrics, then others would be able to use them...

    Thanks!!
    lyrics.wikia.com
  15.    #735  
    Xanadu73,

    Thanks for the report. I'll try playing a long track for 1000 seconds and see if it has an issue.
  16. #736  
    Hello. This is a great app - I'm really enjoying using it, but I'm having a problem resuming a flylist that is being shuffled.

    I'm using 1.99.26 and this is the behavior I'm seeing: If I start playing a flylist and turn on shuffle, everything works fine. Then I close the app. When I re-open the app, the current song that was playing starts playing again (I have the auto-resume setting enabled). But the shuffle has been turned off. So it starts playing that song, but then continues to the next song in the flylist unshuffled.

    Is there a way for the auto-resume to remember that I'm shuffling a flylist? Or is this a bug?
  17.    #737  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    Hello. This is a great app - I'm really enjoying using it, but I'm having a problem resuming a flylist that is being shuffled.

    I'm using 1.99.26 and this is the behavior I'm seeing: If I start playing a flylist and turn on shuffle, everything works fine. Then I close the app. When I re-open the app, the current song that was playing starts playing again (I have the auto-resume setting enabled). But the shuffle has been turned off. So it starts playing that song, but then continues to the next song in the flylist unshuffled.

    Is there a way for the auto-resume to remember that I'm shuffling a flylist? Or is this a bug?
    This isn't a bug...it's the intended behavior. I've had a lot of people (mostly in the original homebrew thread) let me know they would prefer lists to resume in their original order, so that's what the app does.

    So if you want to switch to shuffle afterwards, you can do so manually. However keep in mind the songs will play in a new random order.
  18. #738  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    This isn't a bug...it's the intended behavior.
    Oh, that's a bummer. Is there any possibility of a setting for this? Or perhaps you could mark a flylist or playlist to be shuffle by default or something?

    I'm using this app in conjunction with Mode Switcher to start playing music automatically when my Pre connects with the my car's bluetooth audio. Having to do anything manually kind of defeats the purpose.

    Or perhaps the app could take in some startup parameters, like name of flylist and shuffle on/off? That would be cool too.

    In general, I don't understand wanting to auto-resume in order if I was listening in shuffle mode. The original app didn't have auto-resume, so maybe that's why people wanted flylists to restart in normal order - they have to manually select them. But if it auto-resumes, I would want it to resume in the way it was playing when I left it...
  19.    #739  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    Oh, that's a bummer. Is there any possibility of a setting for this? Or perhaps you could mark a flylist or playlist to be shuffle by default or something?

    I'm using this app in conjunction with Mode Switcher to start playing music automatically when my Pre connects with the my car's bluetooth audio. Having to do anything manually kind of defeats the purpose.

    Or perhaps the app could take in some startup parameters, like name of flylist and shuffle on/off? That would be cool too.

    In general, I don't understand wanting to auto-resume in order if I was listening in shuffle mode. The original app didn't have auto-resume, so maybe that's why people wanted flylists to restart in normal order - they have to manually select them. But if it auto-resumes, I would want it to resume in the way it was playing when I left it...
    I'll consider adding an option to choose whether to remember the shuffle status of a list.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  20. #740  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'll consider adding an option to choose whether to remember the shuffle status of a list.
    Awesome. Thanks! Like I said, this is a great app. Thanks for all your hard work.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions