Page 36 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Thanks Dan great news.. I think that would definitely help out!
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Small suggestion, per something I was used to via patch with the stock music player, can you adjust title lists appropriately to avoid alphabetical listing using "A, An, or The"?
  3.    #703  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lingo View Post
    Small suggestion, per something I was used to via patch with the stock music player, can you adjust title lists appropriately to avoid alphabetical listing using "A, An, or The"?
    I have it on my to-do list.
    Dan,

I'm just curious how you actually get any 'development' done on your apps with the amount of time you spend answering questions and listening to the users?
    All of your work is greatly appreciated. Music Player (Remix) 2.0 Beta is by far the best music player, period.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Dan,

I'm just curious how you actually get any 'development' done on your apps with the amount of time you spend answering questions and listening to the users?
    All of your work is greatly appreciated. Music Player (Remix) 2.0 Beta is by far the best music player, period.
    I think he is magic. Not like Apple magic. Real magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by pawdog View Post
    I think he is magic. Not like Apple magic. Real magic.
    Apple's magic isn't from Apple. It's from the F/OSS community. They just never gave back, they only took. Kinda like Microsoft.

M.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Just an Idea: A user configurable auto Flylist named recently added where the app keeps up with the last added songs or albums or playlists and the user tells the app how many items to keep up with. This is one of my favorite features of the ZuneHD. The user setting is my idea though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Got the new update and the one icon vs three looks much cleaner.
    Are we talking dashboard icons?

I still have 3. I didn't see anything in the preferences for that...

Am I misunderstanding?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    UPDATE - the problem does not seem to be the beta but Windows.

Don't know if this makes sense, but I

1. installed the beta
    2. put my Pre into USB mode
    3. created a Music folder and put 1 song (MP3) in it
    4. ejected the Pre to go back to charge mode
    5. ran the beta which hung looking for music
    6. rebooted the Pre (opt + sym + R)
    7. unplugged the Pre to exit charge mode
    8. plugged in the Pre and Pre would not offer USB/charge modes
    9. tried opt + sym + U and Pre still won't offer USB/charge modes

So my conclusion is that the beta has done something to prevent my Pre from offering USB/charge modes. Any ideas? I'm at WebOS v1.4.5, Verizon. thorne
    Last edited by thornev; 09/20/2010 at 05:34 PM.
  10.    #710  
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Don't know if this makes sense, but I

1. installed the beta
    2. put my Pre into USB mode
    3. created a Music folder and put 1 song (MP3) in it
    4. ejected the Pre to go back to charge mode
    5. ran the beta which hung looking for music
    6. rebooted the Pre (opt + sym + R)
    7. unplugged the Pre to exit charge mode
    8. plugged in the Pre and Pre would not go into USB mode
    9. tried opt + sym + U and Pre still won't go into USB mode

So my conclusion is that the beta has done something to prevent my Pre from going into USB mode. Any ideas? I'm at WebOS v1.4.5, Verizon. thorne
    Apps are not going to affect your device being able to go into USB mode.

I would try shutting down your device (not rebooting, shutting down). Pull the battery, put it back in, then power it back up. Once it's booted up, connect the USB cable and see if you get the USB Mode popup.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  11.    #711  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Dan,

Thanks a lot!

It's important to listen to the users. It's your ideas that help make the app better.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

12.    #712  
    Quote Originally Posted by pawdog View Post
    Just an Idea: A user configurable auto Flylist named recently added where the app keeps up with the last added songs or albums or playlists and the user tells the app how many items to keep up with. This is one of my favorite features of the ZuneHD. The user setting is my idea though.
    If the webOS media indexer provides date/time information in a future webOS release, I'll definitely add this feature.

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Apps are not going to affect your device being able to go into USB mode.

I would try shutting down your device (not rebooting, shutting down). Pull the battery, put it back in, then power it back up. Once it's booted up, connect the USB cable and see if you get the USB Mode popup.
    Did the shut down (not reboot) and battery pull. Still no offer for USB/charge modes. WHat I did find out is that, even though I ejected the Pre, Windows Explorer shows that it is still connected even though it is not. So that must be where the problems lies.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll update my original post so no one gets the idea that your app is at fault. thorne
  14.    #714  
    Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    Are we talking dashboard icons?

I still have 3. I didn't see anything in the preferences for that...

Am I misunderstanding?
    No he's talking about the headphones icon on the mini-player. In the previous version, all 3 mini-player modules had the headphones icon. Now only the Scrubber Bar module has it.

15.    #715  
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Did the shut down (not reboot) and battery pull. Still no offer for USB/charge modes. WHat I did find out is that, even though I ejected the Pre, Windows Explorer shows that it is still connected even though it is not. So that must be where the problems lies.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll update my original post so no one gets the idea that your app is at fault. thorne
    In that case, I would disconnect your USB cable from your computer, then reboot the computer. Then try re-connecting it to your phone after the computer is booted up.

16.    #716  
    Version 1.99.26 has been uploaded to PreCentral. You can download it directly from the PreCentral homebrew gallery web page if you don't want to wait for the Preware feed to update.

This is a small release with a few bug fixes. Here is the changelog:

- Bug Fix: Only 10 playlists would show up on the Playlists screen.

- Bug Fix: A song being replayed while in repeat track mode was not scrobbled to Last.FM.

- Bug Fix: The minimize button should be hidden on the Now Playing screen while in Playlist Preview mode.

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Many thanks for the very quick bug fix release. All my 31 playlists show up with 1.99.26.
  18.    #718  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Many thanks for the very quick bug fix release. All my 31 playlists show up with 1.99.26.
    Very good!

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    v1.99.25 failed to install with following message:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/com.palm_.app_.mprbeta_1.99.25_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen....99.25_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    161 161 161 161 0 0 204 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 476
    0 161 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404

Any idea what this means?

edit: I feel silly. 404 is page not found of course. I'll try again later.
    Last edited by rlopin; 09/20/2010 at 08:42 PM.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  20.    #720  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    v1.99.25 failed to install with following message:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/com.palm_.app_.mprbeta_1.99.25_all.ipk [url] 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    161 161 161 161 0 0 204 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 476
    0 161 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404

Any idea what this means?
    Yes, you're trying to install an older version. The latest version is 1.99.26. The Preware feed probably hasn't updated yet.

To find the latest version number, you can always check the first post of this thread.