Page 33 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #641  
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzader View Post
    The circle doesn't have to be there— I put it there much like the stock webos icons have that same circle. It sort of fills the space, but other things can be done to do that.
    I never noticed it... Yeah I probably wouldn't want it there.

What do you mean by rotate it? Flip the image and put the note on the left?
    I was just curious how it would look oriented similar to the current Remix 2.0 icon with the musical note on the left earpiece.

Also, I can change the color to anything you want with any or all the elements. I was thinking the spectrum(rainbow) color of the orb was homage to your splash screen, since I think that it should be changed to a default webos splash; because the way it looks now may be awkward depending on one's custom background for the player.
    The color of the orb between the headphones is cool. In my mind though when I envisioned the perfect icon, I thought of headphones with electricity between the two earpieces. But I like the color orb you created too.

The basic musical notes are a compromise for now because neither of these icons work well at notification size. I even tried reducing the elements.
    Maybe an orb icon? Or simplified headphones? Also, you have to keep in mind that a total of 3 side-by-side icons can be possible...so it has to look coherent even then.
    Yeah I think mini-headphones like I'm currently using are good. But I'll play around with the musical notes and see how they look.

And yes, if you decide you like the icon, you may use it for app catalog release. I love the app, and here is a little contribution.
    Cool thanks!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #642  
    EDIT: I did a few quick notification icons. (I like the headphones and Orb 2 the best)

Headphones

Orb 1

Orb 2

Alternative Musical Note
    The headphones look nice. I'll give those a try.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

These are fun icons. I like the idea of tying the simpler icon on the earpiece with the notification icons. (I'd miss Dan's new 2.0 icon though, I thought that was pretty sweet.)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    The color of the orb between the headphones is cool. In my mind though when I envisioned the perfect icon, I thought of headphones with electricity between the two earpieces. But I like the color orb you created too.
    Actually this is what I really liked about Dan's new icon for 2.0—I thought the blue spark really made it pop, and seemed to tie in nicely with the blue controls in the app.
    I was just curious how it would look oriented similar to the current Remix 2.0 icon with the musical note on the left earpiece.

I think I understand what you mean now by rotating it...it turns out pretty nice too. I got rid of the circle and increased the orb's size to better fill the space.

5.    #645  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    These are fun icons. I like the idea of tying the simpler icon on the earpiece with the notification icons. (I'd miss Dan's new 2.0 icon though, I thought that was pretty sweet.)

Actually this is what I really liked about Dan's new icon for 2.0—I thought the blue spark really made it pop, and seemed to tie in nicely with the blue controls in the app.
    I'd like to hear other people's opinions. I actually really like the current icon too. But cruzader's icon is cool too.

Also I'd like to hear opinions on which notification icon people like for the mini-player.

I did a few quick notification icons. (I like the headphones and Orb 2 the best)

Headphones

Orb 1

Orb 2

Alternative Musical Note

Out of curiosity, are there three icons in a row just so they show better on a BIG web page, or is each icon in the row(s) different some how?

M.
  7.    #647  
    I think I understand what you mean now by rotating it...it turns out pretty nice too. I got rid of the circle and increased the orb's size to better fill the space.

No I didn't mean rotating the musical note. I like the orientation in the original version. I meant re-orienting the whole headphone image to be similar to the current icon. Think of it this way, it would be identical to the current icon except the headphone would look like yours and there would be the same musical note on the left earpiece.

And if it wouldn't be too difficult, I'd love to see a version of the image with blue electricity instead of the multi-color orb. But again, if this is too time-consuming, please don't do this. I don't want you jumping through hoops over this.

8.    #648  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Out of curiosity, are there three icons in a row just so they show better on a BIG web page, or is each icon in the row(s) different some how?

M.
    They look identical to me. I think it was meant to be a demonstration of how the 3 icons of the mini-player might look together.

They look identical to me. I think it was meant to be a demonstration of how the 3 icons of the mini-player might look together.

OK, cool. Glad it's not just me.

Thanks Dan.

M.
    My original coloring was actually blue. I added more of an electricity feel to it.

Headphones icon with electricity.

If you want to try any of these icons in the actual app, PM me and I'll give you the transparent pngs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cruzader; 09/17/2010 at 05:25 PM.
    It's probably already been mentioned, but the text scrolling in the mini-player modules are really choppy. On occasion they're smooth. I also noticed it'll scroll smooth for a brief moment everytime you tap the lock screen.
  12.    #652  
    Quote Originally Posted by cr_8_tiv View Post
    It's probably already been mentioned, but the text scrolling in the mini-player modules are really choppy. On occasion they're smooth. I also noticed it'll scroll smooth for a brief moment everytime you tap the lock screen.
    Yes scrolling will be choppy on the lock screen. This is not something I'll be able to change as this is true for any dashboard notification on the lock screen.

13.    #653  
    My original coloring was actually blue. I added more of an electricity feel to it.

Headphones icon with electricity.

If you want to try any of these icons in the actual app, PM me and I'll give you the transparent pngs.
    The more I look at it, I'm not sure I'm feeling the orb so much, although the orb in the original picture is better. And I think the original orientation is better. I would prefer the musical note on the left earpiece; however I don't particularly like the way the headphones look like they're laying down on their side. I like the position and orientation of the headphones in my current icon. I'd prefer it to be more upright and facing forward. However I realize that with the headphone image you're working with, that probably isn't possible.

Yeah if you could, PM me the original transparent PNGs and I can play around with them.

Hi
    When I fire up the player I normally shuffle all. If I hear a song that I like, I then want to go to the song list for that particular album and continue to list to only that album. How would I achieve this?

Thanks again fora great app.

Gx
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Hi
    When I fire up the player I normally shuffle all. If I hear a song that I like, I then want to go to the song list for that particular album and continue to list to only that album. How would I achieve this?

Gx
    Tap on the song info below the album art, that will bring it up.
  16.    #656  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Hi

Gx
    If you tap and hold the song/artist/album information on the Now Playing screen, it'll load the current song's album. However in the next version of the app, you'll only have to quickly tap the song/artist/album information. In that version, when you tap and hold the song/artist/album information, it'll load the current song's artist.

So that's the quickest way to do it. But you also have universal search available to you. Just start typing anything and you'll get a list of search results. In the current version of the app, you can do this on the Now Playing or Home screens, but in the next version (that I should release before the end of the weekend), you'll be able to do this on any screen.

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Thanks for this cool app.

I noticed one minor thing: It does not pull lyrics for some songs (parse error code 101). Probably because of [Explicit] in the song name.

I got this for example for "Not afraid [Explicit]" from Eminem.
  18.    #658  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Thanks for this cool app.

I noticed one minor thing: It does not pull lyrics for some songs (parse error code 101). Probably because of [Explicit] in the song name.

I got this for example for "Not afraid [Explicit]" from Eminem.
    The app will take into account a song title such as "Not afraid (Explicit)", but it currently doesn't do the same if the title has "[]" in it. But I plan to add this in a future release.

19.    #659  
    Version 1.99.25 has been uploaded to the PreCentral homebrew gallery. Please read over the changelog below to learn about some of the new features, changes in current features, and bug fixes implemented in this release.

The highlights of this release are universal search and keyboard controls being implemented on all screens and the new lightweight mini-player mode (accessed via the new minimize button on the Now Playing screen).

Here is the complete changelog:

- Add universal search to all screens except the Preferences, About, and Lyrics screens.

- Add support for keyboard music controls to all screens except the Preferences, About, and Lyrics screens. When playing or pausing music, display an on-screen play/pause indicator.

- Add a minimize button on the Now Playing screen (where the "?" icon used to be). When tapping this button, the app's main card will be removed and the mini-player will be loaded. You can continue to control your music and current playlist while operating in a lightweight, efficient mode. Tap the headphones icon on the Scrubber Bar mini-player module to reload the app. To close the mini-player, either swipe away all mini-player modules, or tap the headphones icon and as soon as the app's main card loads, swipe it off the screen.

- Swap the function of tapping and holding the song/artist/album information on the Now Playing screen. Tapping this information will now bring up the current song’s album. Tapping and holding this information will now bring up the current song’s artist.

- Display the list information underneath the song name on the Bookmarks screen. For instance, if the bookmark was saved while listening to a particular genre, that genre name will be displayed since when the bookmark is restored that genre song list will be restored.

- Sort the bookmark list by song name and saved time.

- On Pixis, combine the artist and album info on the Now Playing screen onto one line so the album art can be elongated and made more square-like.

- When the music index is re-building (like when a song is added to or deleted from the device), display an informational message that indicates if the process takes more than 10 seconds, they should reboot their device. Sometimes the webOS music indexer gets stuck and never allows the app to load. Rebooting fixes the issue.

- Make the shuffle and repeat toggle buttons more color-blind friendly.

- Remove the “Go back to card mode” buttons on the Music Controls and Preview Mode mini-player modules. This button will only be resident on the Scrubber Bar module to give the mini-player a cleaner look.

·- If a song title has a “[]” suffix and the lyric search fails, cut off the suffix and retry the lyric search.

- Bug Fix: If a song was playing from the Faves list and the app is closed, the song would not resume playing when “Resume Play” was chosen, It would start playing the Faves list from the first item.

- Bug Fix: Under certain conditions, the “Now Playing” button would not appear at the top of the screen after loading a new list.

- Bug Fix: Under certain conditions, the list information would not be saved when saving a bookmark.

- Bug Fix: Fixed issue where deleting a bookmark on the Bookmark screen would sometimes not work.

- Bug Fix: Restoring a bookmark in the Faves list would not work if a flylist was saved in the Faves list.

- Bug Fix: If you tried logging into Last.FM and typed in the wrong username or password, the Login button would continue to say “Logging in…” instead of “Login”.

- Bug Fix: Tapping the “+” twice on the Now Playing screen would double the size of the “add to list” popup.

- Bug Fix: Fix issue where sometimes the “No Faves” message would appear even when there were items saved in the Faves list.

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I don't see the update in Preware.