Page 32 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #621  
    Quote Originally Posted by iradeut View Post
    I didn't realize that the patch was not coming from you...so forgive me.
    This is exactly why I would prefer people did not post patches of my apps because people may believe I created them and that I would provide support for them.

The issue for me is that I like to play my music shuffled, but to keep the same shuffled list upon resume. When I exit the program and then resume, it resumes on the song where I left off, but re-shuffles everything after it.
    There's currently no feasible way for me to do this. I have investigated this type of thing and without getting into too many details, it just didn't work well.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I have seen this; however I have only seen this on files that the built-in music app also will not play. For some reason, when I sync my music collection over, some of the files are not transferred properly and the music app cannot play them.

Please try to load the same files in the built-in music app when this happens and tell me if the built-in music app skips over the songs.
    I did a reset of my device, and everything works normally again. I think it might have something to do with me having been in airplane mode (though I'm not 100% sure about that yet) more testing needed.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    This is exactly why I would prefer people did not post patches of my apps because people may believe I created them and that I would provide support for them.

There's currently no feasible way for me to do this. I have investigated this type of thing and without getting into too many details, it just didn't work well.
    Maybe there's a way to create a playlist that is a shuffled version of all the music, and to save it as a playlist?
  4.    #624  
    Maybe there's a way to create a playlist that is a shuffled version of all the music, and to save it as a playlist?
    If I understood you correctly, you wanted to save the shuffled list, in the exact order it shuffled in. This is not feasible right now with the methods of storage currently available. I would need to be able to store lots of data very quickly. If more flexible storage options become available to us in a future webOS version, then perhaps it will be possible.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Is there an option to make the mini-player not show when docked on a Touchstone? I like a clean screen appearance and would prefer it if it wasn't there.
  6.    #626  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Is there an option to make the mini-player not show when docked on a Touchstone? I like a clean screen appearance and would prefer it if it wasn't there.
    No I don't think there's a way to prevent dashboard notifications from showing up on the lock screen.

However perhaps that will change with the new Touchstone Exhibition feature Palm announced for webOS 2.0.
    If you switch the "Show notifications when locked" to off in your Screen and Lock settings, the Mini Player (and all other notifications) will not show on the lock screen or the Touchstone lock screen.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I love your app, the finger friendly interface is great for when I drive and is something that I missed when I used nan player. one thing that nan player has that I think would be great on your app is the "Find Album Art" option when files are playing that do not have an image embedded. thanks for all of your hard work.
    Jerseydevil, try rebooting your phone.
    Thanks DanPLC - that did the trick!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    If you switch the "Show notifications when locked" to off in your Screen and Lock settings, the Mini Player (and all other notifications) will not show on the lock screen or the Touchstone lock screen.
    Yeah, but I want message notifications so I know if I've missed a text or call. I don't need music controls while it's on the touchstone though.
  11.    #631  
    Quote Originally Posted by 12gage View Post
    I love your app, the finger friendly interface is great for when I drive and is something that I missed when I used nan player.
    Yeah I use the app in my car all the time (mounted in a dock) and this was definitely one of the inspirations for the new Now Playing screen and mini-player interfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by 12gage View Post
    one thing that nan player has that I think would be great on your app is the "Find Album Art" option when files are playing that do not have an image embedded. thanks for all of your hard work.
    This feature would be cool if it could be done correctly. Right now there's no way to update the MP3 tags of the audio files on your device. So an app would have to store the album art locally. So while the album art would be displayed properly on your phone, it would still be missing from all the other various locations you listen to your music (computers, media centers, tablets, other portable devices, etc.).

The best solution right now is going to be tagging the files on your computer so that the album art appears on all your devices (MP3 players, media center, computers, etc.). I did this and now I have all of my album art on my device. And personally, I think it would be a lot easier doing it on the computer vs. file-by-file within a music app.

12.    #632  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I didn't even know that option was there. I like to display all notifications on the lock screen so I wouldn't have even looked for an option to turn it off.

13.    #633  
    Yeah, but I want message notifications so I know if I've missed a text or call. I don't need music controls while it's on the touchstone though.
    There is an API for knowing your lock status, but I'm pretty sure this is still a private API and therefore not something I'll be able to use in my app.

First of Dan thanks for creating such a wonderful app. Question though I listen to podcast. If I locate the file through the album field it plays properly 1-10 for example. However if I fav it or add it through flylist it seems to play in some crazy random order. 1,10,9,8,7,2,3,5,6 for example.

I aplogize if this was already asked, but I did look for the answer before I decided to post this, thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    First of all - love the app - the original Remix + the 2.0 Beta

I searched the thread but couldn't find this: does anyone else have an issue with bookmarks in the 2.0 Beta? I listen to a lot of long podcasts and audiobooks, and I have the issue of bookmarks re-appearing after swipe-deleting them (I know there is a menu choice to delete all bookmarks). I also have had it where the bookmarks are not listed in the order as they are in the original remix order.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16.    #636  
    Quote Originally Posted by asharp View Post
    First of Dan thanks for creating such a wonderful app. Question though I listen to podcast. If I locate the file through the album field it plays properly 1-10 for example. However if I fav it or add it through flylist it seems to play in some crazy random order. 1,10,9,8,7,2,3,5,6 for example.

I aplogize if this was already asked, but I did look for the answer before I decided to post this, thanks in advance.
    Make sure you're running the latest version (1.99.13). This issue was fixed in that version.

In general it's a good idea to keep up with the latest versions of the beta app since they'll contain the newest features and bug fixes. Speaking of new versions, I'm hoping to have one ready this weekend. The highlight of the new version will be enabling universal search and keyboard controls on all screens (not just the Home and Now Playing screens).

17.    #637  
    Quote Originally Posted by papazoo View Post
    First of all - love the app - the original Remix + the 2.0 Beta

I searched the thread but couldn't find this: does anyone else have an issue with bookmarks in the 2.0 Beta? I listen to a lot of long podcasts and audiobooks, and I have the issue of bookmarks re-appearing after swipe-deleting them (I know there is a menu choice to delete all bookmarks). I also have had it where the bookmarks are not listed in the order as they are in the original remix order.
    There's no need to search the thread. All known issues are listed in the first post of the thread, including this issue with bookmark deletion.

With some free time, I created some icons for the app because I noticed that the current one is pixelated (even for an icon). Checkered pattern is for transparency preview.

This icon is based on the current one—headphones with some orb-like structure in the middle.

The second icon is a bit simpler consisting of a stylized vinyl record (or CD depending on how one views it).

Because I think that the notification icons cannot be too complex, I also created an icon for that purpose. A single musical note—it works very well with the 3 notification icons that MPR beta creates.

Let me know what you think...
  19.    #639  
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzader View Post
    With some free time, I created some icons for the app because I noticed that the current one is pixelated (even for an icon). Checkered pattern is for transparency preview.

This icon is based on the current one—headphones with some orb-like structure in the middle.

The second icon is a bit simpler consisting of a stylized vinyl record (or CD depending on how one views it).

Because I think that the notification icons cannot be too complex, I also created an icon for that purpose. A single musical note—it works very well with the 3 notification icons that MPR beta creates.

Let me know what you think...
    Thanks a lot for creating these icons...they're awesome! The headphones icon is particularly HOT!!! I like the way it pays homage to the original homebrew app icon. Would the semi-transparent circle surrounding the headphones have to be there? And is it difficult to rotate it so the musical note section is on the left side? What does everyone else think of the icon vs. the current one?

I'm not sure about the basic musical notes for the dashboard notification icon. It's too similar to the built-in music app's icon.

So if I decide to go with it, would you let me use this icon when I submit it to the app catalog?

Thanks a lot for creating these icons...they're awesome! The headphones icon is particularly HOT!!! I like the way it pays homage to the original homebrew app icon. Would the semi-transparent circle surrounding the headphones have to be there? And is it difficult to rotate it so the musical note section is on the left side? What does everyone else think of the icon vs. the current one?

I'm not sure about the basic musical notes for the dashboard notification icon. It's too similar to the built-in music app's icon.

So if I decide to go with it, would you let me use this icon when I submit it to the app catalog?
    The circle doesn't have to be there— I put it there much like the stock webos icons have that same circle. It sort of fills the space, but other things can be done to do that.

Also, I can change the color to anything you want with any or all the elements. I was thinking the spectrum(rainbow) color of the orb was homage to your splash screen, since I think that it should be changed to a default webos splash; because the way it looks now may be awkward depending on one's custom background for the player.

The basic musical notes are a compromise for now because neither of these icons work well at notification size. I even tried reducing the elements.
    Maybe an orb icon? Or simplified headphones? Also, you have to keep in mind that a total of 3 side-by-side icons can be possible...so it has to look coherent even then.

And yes, if you decide you like the icon, you may use it for app catalog release. I love the app, and here is a little contribution.

EDIT:
    I did a few quick notification icons. (I like the headphones and Orb 2 the best)

Headphones

Orb 1

Orb 2

Alternative Musical Note
    Last edited by cruzader; 09/17/2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: additions