Page 31 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I should have said "every screen other than the Now Playing and Home screens". On the Now Playing screen, you just tap the album art to play/pause. On every other screen, you tap on the titlebar area at the top of the screen to play/pause.
    Got it! That's way cool!!
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/20/2010 at 06:32 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  2.    #602  
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon280 View Post
    the song isnt corrupted or anything.after this happens i close the app then start it up again select the same song and it will play fine
    What happens if you go to list view on the Now Playing screen? Do any songs show up there? Does the current song number and song count (ex. "1/250") show up at the bottom of the screen (below the scrubber bar)?

Also, if you close and re-open the app and pull up the same exact song in universal search, will it work?

Has this ever happened when loading a song from the "Songs" screen?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    once this happens i cant play any songs no matter what.be it from list view universal search or songs from flylist,album,aritst,etc till i close the app and open it up again.i never really looked at the song number at the bottom of the scrobble bar so i cant say.and yes if i close it then open it up again and use universal search it will work.it generally happens after ive used universal search a few times
    actually i dont think the song number and count shows.since the song number and track number dont show up till the song actually starts playing
  5.    #605  
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon280 View Post
    once this happens i cant play any songs no matter what.be it from list view universal search or songs from flylist,album,aritst,etc till i close the app and open it up again.i never really looked at the song number at the bottom of the scrobble bar so i cant say.and yes if i close it then open it up again and use universal search it will work.it generally happens after ive used universal search a few times
    The next time it happens, take note of whether the song number and count show up at the bottom of the screen. Also try going to list view on the Now Playing screen and see if this song or any other song shows up.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Something interesting happened on my way home. For some reason, MPRB wouldn't play any songs. It would open the song and all, it would just report them as being 0:00-0:00, like it wasn't able to determine that there was any music in the file.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I have had a similar experience while MPR is playing. Every now and then the music stops and when I look at the now playing screen the song will have times of 00:00-00:00. If I rewind twice and then forward the song will play and have the correct times. I use to experience a similar condition in the original MPR when resuming after a prolonged pause.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  8.    #608  
    I have seen this; however I have only seen this on files that the built-in music app also will not play. For some reason, when I sync my music collection over, some of the files are not transferred properly and the music app cannot play them.

Please try to load the same files in the built-in music app when this happens and tell me if the built-in music app skips over the songs.

I'm sure this is something I'm not doing right but I can't seem to get my album art on the player. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I'd you mean skipping tracks, you can do that using the "." and "0" keys. This only works on the Now Playing and Home screens, but in the next release it will be ported to the other screens.

If you mean scrubbing through your music, then there's currently no way to do it. But I suppose I could use the skipping keys to do it (by holding them down).
    that would be great thanks
    Thanks! That's what I was going for...the ability to quickly find what you're looking for and easily manage your music.
    You have succeeded in spades.

Well played, sir.

With SDK audio (HTML5 audio), I don't think this will be possible. EQ definitely isn't since you don't have any control over levels. And I really don't think gapless or cross-fade can be reliably implemented on all devices. Maybe that'll change in a future version of webOS, but in the current version I don't think it's possible to have this type of fine control over when the audio starts and stops.

To understand what I'm talking about, look at any of the new PDK games vs. the old SDK games. The audio in PDK games is much more responsive than in SDK games. For instance, before the SDK, it was almost impossible to create a good light sabre simulator , but the current PDK one (Saber Ultimate) is just about perfect.

It may be possible with PDK audio, but for right now I'm focusing on other features. But I know how important gapless and cross fade are to customers, so in the future I may just convert over to PDK audio (creating a hybrid SDK/PDK app).
    Thanks for the summarized technical explanation (which is about all I'm able to understand at this point, as my understanding of the various platform coding issues is... shall we say... very limited).

As far as the features my post was concerned with: my guess?

I would think that if it does become possible to include real audio controls in an audio management app that they would be much appreciated and very popular - and something folks would willingly pony up for. It would most certainly help mitigate the stranglehold that Apple has on the world of portable music.

Anyway, thanks again for the great work thus far.

By the way, is there a walk-through for the Music player(Remix 2.0 beta)Animated Dashboard?

In the READ ME FIRST txt it talks about swapping gif files - should this be done in USB mode or should I use Quick Install? Is there a link on here I'm not finding?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    This app is great, the upgrades are amazing and I think the Fave list is the best thing going. I hate clicking 3 or 4 times to find the song list I want to play, so this solves that extremely well.

The only setback I've been having is with shuffling the lists on my Faves, this seems to take a few too many steps. For the most part, with Playlists and Flylists, I like to shuffle them. That way they aren't in the same order every time I mow the lawn (or whatever).

I know that some people use their playlists differently, but maybe a "Preferences" option to auto-shuffle playlists and flylists would work for those of us who like to shuffle things.

I know it is currently possible to "Select the Fave --> go to the Song List view --> select shuffle." But that seems to be the same number of steps as "Selecting 'Playlists' --> Choosing the playlist --> Hitting 'Shuffle all' at the top of the screen." My suggestion would reduce it to setting an option and only ever having to select the Fave in order to shuffle the songs.

Alternatively, a "shuffle" button on the "Now Playing" screen would at least eliminate one of the steps in the process.

I am assuming of course that this is all technically possible (I don't really know about the programming aspect, only the user aspect.)

I hope all this makes sense to you, if you have any questions, let me know.
    I was running the Music Player (Remix) 2.0 Beta without issue and loving it!

I plugged my AT&T Pre running 1.4.5 into my computer and navigated to the "music" folder and deleted a folder by a band which contained 13 albums.

I then properly ejected my Pre from my PC and launched the Music Player to confirm the albums had been deleted.

Now it's been stuck for about 3 hours at a screen which reads:

"Re-building music index..."

Is this normal?

I have about 300 songs (approx 2GB) loaded on the Pre after the deletion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
  14.    #614  
    Jerseydevil, try rebooting your phone.
  15.    #615  
    Xenovic, have you tried using the shuffle icon at the bottom of the Faves list (on the Home screen). It sounds like this might suit yout needs.
  16.    #616  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Happy View Post
    By the way, is there a walk-through for the Music player(Remix 2.0 beta)Animated Dashboard?

In the READ ME FIRST txt it talks about swapping gif files - should this be done in USB mode or should I use Quick Install? Is there a link on here I'm not finding?
    You'll have to ask the author of the patch for support. I can only provide support for my app (unpatched).

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Xenovic, have you tried using the shuffle icon at the bottom of the Faves list (on the Home screen). It sounds like this might suit yout needs.
    When I hit the shuffle button at the bottom of the home screen it shuffles all of the tracks on the phone, not just the current list. I don't know if that's the intent of that button or not... but that's how it is behaving for me.
  18.    #618  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenovic View Post
    When I hit the shuffle button at the bottom of the home screen it shuffles all of the tracks on the phone, not just the current list. I don't know if that's the intent of that button or not... but that's how it is behaving for me.
    No it shuffles all the items in your Faves list. I'm guessing you have a bunch of stuff in your Faves list that may seem like your whole music collection.

So I think you want to be able to shuffle individual items in the Faves list. This is something I'm investigating.

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I do not endorse or support any patches to my apps that alter their functionality in any way. The only patch I've given my blessing to is the animated background patch since it implements a minor cosmetic change.

That being said, in version 2.0 auto-bookmarks ("resume play") remember where you were in the track you were playing, as well as where you were in the list you were listening to. So if you resume an auto-bookmark, it will not default to shuffle mode.
    I didn't realize that the patch was not coming from you...so forgive me. The issue for me is that I like to play my music shuffled, but to keep the same shuffled list upon resume. When I exit the program and then resume, it resumes on the song where I left off, but re-shuffles everything after it.
  20.    #620  
    Quote Originally Posted by edinsko View Post
    I'm sure this is something I'm not doing right but I can't seem to get my album art on the player. Any suggestions?
    You need to download an application for your computer, like Media Monkey, that can help embed your album art into your music files properly. I would do a search on the forums for "album art" to find previous discussions on the topic.