Page 30 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    It is Playlists I am referring to. Yeah I figured it was more of a problem with the media index since rebooting immediately fixed it - thanks for the confirmation.
    A good way to determine if the media indexer is the problem is to load the built-in music app. If it produces similar results, then it's the media indexer.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #582  
    Quote Originally Posted by ron2112 View Post
    Oh, I forgot to mention: I absolutely love the orientation lock. My Pre spends most of the day on the Touchstone, even when I'm listening to music, and for whatever reason the Pre thinks it's in landscape orientation more often than not. Now I don't have to pick it up and shake it every time I launch Remix. Awesome!

ron
    Yeah I actually lock it into portrait mode most of the time. However there are times when I use landscape mode so it's nice to have the option at least.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    just upgraded from the previous version, and I couldn't be more pleased. One question. I'm a little confused about a patch that is available in Preware called "Music Player Remix No Shuffle on Resume Play." It seems like this patch is only available for the old version. If I am understanding the functionality of this patch, it's something I'd really like. Is this coming for 2.0? Or is it something already built in that I am somehow missing?
  4.    #584  
    Quote Originally Posted by iradeut View Post
    just upgraded from the previous version, and I couldn't be more pleased. One question. I'm a little confused about a patch that is available in Preware called "Music Player Remix No Shuffle on Resume Play." It seems like this patch is only available for the old version. If I am understanding the functionality of this patch, it's something I'd really like. Is this coming for 2.0? Or is it something already built in that I am somehow missing?
    I do not endorse or support any patches to my apps that alter their functionality in any way. The only patch I've given my blessing to is the animated background patch since it implements a minor cosmetic change.

That being said, in version 2.0 auto-bookmarks ("resume play") remember where you were in the track you were playing, as well as where you were in the list you were listening to. So if you resume an auto-bookmark, it will not default to shuffle mode.

This is a brilliant, brilliant app.

The interface is beautifully rendered and the flexibility of moving through your catalog is almost mind boggling.

I am wondering about sound however. The old P-Tunes app that got my various Trēo devices playing had eq, and various options to cross-fade (by a few user set seconds) or play gapless audio (gapless play is important on many 'LIVE' albums or Arists that like to segue into the next tack) and other audio use tweaks.

The PrPrPr&#$275$; ($and$ $this$ $app$) $delivers$ $in$ $terms$ $of$ $interface$, $organization$ $and$ $flexibility$ $of$ $use$, $but$ $surely$ $some$ $attention$ $should$ $be$ $paid$ $to$ $fairly$ $basic$ $audio$ $features$; $is$ $this$ $eventually$ $in$ $the$ $works$ - $or$ $am$ $I$ $asking$ $for$ $too$ $much$?

Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    are there hard buttons you could use for ff/seeking?
  7.    #587  
    Quote Originally Posted by 12gage View Post
    are there hard buttons you could use for ff/seeking?
    I'd you mean skipping tracks, you can do that using the "." and "0" keys. This only works on the Now Playing and Home screens, but in the next release it will be ported to the other screens.

If you mean scrubbing through your music, then there's currently no way to do it. But I suppose I could use the skipping keys to do it (by holding them down).
  8.    #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Happy View Post
    This is a brilliant, brilliant app.

The interface is beautifully rendered and the flexibility of moving through your catalog is almost mind boggling.
    Thanks! That's what I was going for...the ability to quickly find what you're looking for and easily manage your music.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Happy View Post
    I am wondering about sound however. The old P-Tunes app that got my various Trēo devices playing had eq, and various options to cross-fade (by a few user set seconds) or play gapless audio (gapless play is important on many 'LIVE' albums or Arists that like to segue into the next tack) and other audio use tweaks.
    With SDK audio (HTML5 audio), I don't think this will be possible. EQ definitely isn't since you don't have any control over levels. And I really don't think gapless or cross-fade can be reliably implemented on all devices. Maybe that'll change in a future version of webOS, but in the current version I don't think it's possible to have this type of fine control over when the audio starts and stops.

To understand what I'm talking about, look at any of the new PDK games vs. the old SDK games. The audio in PDK games is much more responsive than in SDK games. For instance, before the SDK, it was almost impossible to create a good light sabre simulator , but the current PDK one (Saber Ultimate) is just about perfect.

It may be possible with PDK audio, but for right now I'm focusing on other features. But I know how important gapless and cross fade are to customers, so in the future I may just convert over to PDK audio (creating a hybrid SDK/PDK app).

When you pull your headphones out, the "Now Playing" button doesn't update to "Resume Playing" properly.
    not sure if this has been mentioned yet but when i use universal search after i select the song i typed in the song wont play nor will any other song.i then have to close the app then start it again to get the songs working again.this seems to happen at random for me
  11.    #591  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    When you pull your headphones out, the "Now Playing" button doesn't update to "Resume Playing" properly.
    The "Resume Play" button only shows up when you first load the app and you want to resume where you left off. If you're looking to resume playback, you'll need to do one of the following:

- Tap "Now Playing" and then tap the album art to play
    - At the top of every screen (other than the Home screen), tap the top of the screen to play the music (you can also pause this way)
    - Use the spacebar on the keyboard to play.

12.    #592  
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon280 View Post
    not sure if this has been mentioned yet but when i use universal search after i select the song i typed in the song wont play nor will any other song.i then have to close the app then start it again to get the songs working again.this seems to happen at random for me
    No I haven't seen anything like this. When you say "the song won't play", what exactly happens when you tap the song in universal search? And when you say "nor will any other song", what specifically are you trying to get other songs to play?

It might be a good idea to change it's behavior to do that, so that someone working on something in their albums who have their headphones pull out can easily restart play without having to interrupt their project.

Beyond that, I'm sure that you know this, but the scrubber bar doesn't update while in card view, though the track title does scroll, which is weird. Also when you press the button that brings MPRB into focus (on the notification bar) it rearranges the card order so MPRB is last, which some OCD types may find distracting.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    - At the top of every screen (other than the Home screen), tap the top of the screen to play the music (you can also pause this way)
    I'm not understanding this nor can I get it to work. Where on the top do you tap? If I tap on the toolbar above the album art it does what I hit (like create a bookmark), if I tap in WebOS' status bar, I get the device menu.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Also when you press the button that brings MPRB into focus (on the notification bar) it rearranges the card order so MPRB is last, which some OCD types may find distracting.
    This behavior happens with any app when you tap the notification, it sends the app to the far right.
    Specifically, with an app full screen, when you tap the notification for another open app it sends that app to the far right.

If you are in card view when you tap the notification to bring up the app, their position remains.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    i tap on the song it goes to the now playing.then song just wont play the time for the song stays at 00:00-00:00.the song never starts.and by other songs i mean after the song wont play ill try just try picking a song at random.such as picking a random letter on the alphabet selector then picking a random song.this doesnt happen everytime i use the universal search though.
  17.    #597  
    It might be a good idea to change it's behavior to do that, so that someone working on something in their albums who have their headphones pull out can easily restart play without having to interrupt their project.
    As I mentioned, "Resume Play" refers to resuming the saved auto-bookmark after loading the app. It has nothing to do with resuming playback of the currently playing song.

To do that, you can use one of the methods I suggested.

Beyond that, I'm sure that you know this, but the scrubber bar doesn't update while in card view, though the track title does scroll, which is weird.
    It is intentional that the scrubber bar does not update while in card view. This has been true since the second release of the original homebrew app back in August '09. It is done for performance reasons.

Also when you press the button that brings MPRB into focus (on the notification bar) it rearranges the card order so MPRB is last, which some OCD types may find distracting.
    This is not something I can control.

18.    #598  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I'm not understanding this nor can I get it to work. Where on the top do you tap? If I tap on the toolbar above the album art it does what I hit (like create a bookmark), if I tap in WebOS' status bar, I get the device menu.
    I should have said "every screen other than the Now Playing and Home screens". On the Now Playing screen, you just tap the album art to play/pause. On every other screen, you tap on the titlebar area at the top of the screen to play/pause.

19.    #599  
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon280 View Post
    i tap on the song it goes to the now playing.then song just wont play the time for the song stays at 00:00-00:00.the song never starts.and by other songs i mean after the song wont play ill try just try picking a song at random.such as picking a random letter on the alphabet selector then picking a random song.this doesnt happen everytime i use the universal search though.
    You'll see this behavior if the song is not actually on the device. For instance, if I delete a song in the Internalz apps, it is removed from the device yet will still show up in the music apps for some reason.

This also happens if the song is corrupted in some way. The next time this happens can you try loading up that song outside of universal search and see if it plays?

the song isnt corrupted or anything.after this happens i close the app then start it up again select the same song and it will play fine