Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    If people still waiting for the app to hit preware. I just downloaded it from the link in the first post using internalz and it worked gret!
    You gotta love on-device IPK installers! The first one was File Coaster and it still has a special place in my heart even though I haven't used it in a long, long time.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Looking forward to start testing as soon as Preware has it.
    The IPK is linked in the first post if you'd like to try it out before then.

Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I think I posted this in another advance notice thread, but it would be cool if 2.0 could play things that were on a virtual drive on the webOS device (ie zumodrive, box, etc).

Is that a barrier you can't cross yet?

Thanks for your continued development!
    I'm not sure if there's a barrier or not because I haven't put any thought into it yet. But it definitely sounds intriguing and will be something I investigate.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Impressive! I wish I had your skills...you're going to make some coin when this goes to the catalog!! Thanks DanPLC!!
    I've been an avid Remix 1.x user so thank you for releasing this seemingly early (based on the videos, I assumed that we wouldn't be able to use the app until webOS 2.0 was out). Just from an initial play through, I'm excited to see this in the App Catalog as it will be well worth the price!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Every time I try to install the ipk on my Pre and it errors every time.
    In attempting to download via the link provided, I receive the error message 'the file format is not supported'. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  7.    #47  
    Fbcregan and Scotteneal, how are you installing the app?

There are several ways to install IPK files. Preware, Internalz, File Coaster, WebOS Quick Install, or even the official Palm SDK.

Or to make it easier, you can wait for PreCentral to approve the homebrew app and it should show up in the Preware feeds.

Viewing this thread on my Pre, selecting the link to the download page which I guess is IPK.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by scotteneal View Post
    Viewing this thread on my Pre, selecting the link to the download page which I guess is IPK.
    You can't install IPK files directly from the web browser app. You need to use one of the various homebrew installers I mentioned. Or if you already use Preware and are comfortable browsing the app feeds, you can wait until it shows up on there.

Thanks for the suggestions, DanPLC. I have appreciated your earlier version tremendously and will look for it to show up in Preware.
    Great work on this, downloaded and installed tonight, will give it a bit of testing tomorrow.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Awesome Music App, love how everything flows, can't wait to purchase it.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Oh my lord, this is leaps and bounds better than Music Player Remix. Fantastic UI. I am confused on what is what, maybe a few pics in the help section would be useful.
    it's not on preware :/
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    it's not on preware :/
    So download it from the attachment and install it from preware.

Pip
    Killer. App. This thing's going to help set the bar for this and other devices.

Thanks for putting it out there so we could start playing with it already. I'm sure you'll be getting tons of specific feedback in the days to come, but for now let me just say that the thought that went into the details of this interface really shines through. Elegant simplicity and a joy to use!
    *subscribed*
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    But as I mentioned in the first post of the thread, there will be a new branch to the codebase that will remain private and that will not be runnable on webOS 1.4.x. I cannot discuss any details as to why it won't be since developers are under an NDA.
    This does sound aw-so-sweet

Looking forward to testing your latest piece of art (I'll wait for it to arrive on Preware)(Hum. The time it took to write this text can't be much less than installing it via the link. Oh well.)
    Best webOS-mod ever: have a look
    App seems great, thanks! I'm most grateful for added last.fm support which i've been missing on pre.

Anyways I've found small bug - when scrobbling a name with diacritic, which is displayed fine on pre's screen, it arrives damaged to last.fm (e.g. Danel gst becomes Dan el Ágúst ).

An lastly a question - do scrobbles get cached until phone is connected to web ?

Thanks again.
    How long does the "re-building music index" take. It's been quite few minutes for me
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by short_round View Post
    How long does the "re-building music index" take. It's been quite few minutes for me
    Did you recently add or delete files while in USB mode? When you open up the built-in music app, does it load immediately?

Lately when I add music in USB mode, I also get this issue; however I also get it on the built-in music app. Rebooting my device fixes the problem. I think my issue is that I have been syncing my music in "Media Mode" (using Media Monkey) and when I try to add something manually in USB mode, the webOS media indexer must not like it.

Please let me know if the built-in music app has the same issue. If it doesn't, then I need to look into it. Also if anyone else has issues with "re-building music index" and the built-in music app loads up fine, please let me know.

Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast