Page 27 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031323777 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    If I make this change it'll queue the song after the last previewed song that was queued in that preview mode session. So once you exit preview mode, if you re-enter preview mode and swipe up, it'll queue that song after the currently playing song.

I'll probably make this change since a few people seem to think it's the right thing to do, including myself.
    Ah! That sounds just right. Go for it.
    This is an amazing music app. I appreciate all the hard work you have put in
  3.    #523  
    Quote Originally Posted by SineOt View Post
    I wouldn't mind it being condensed into one line, or even just removed all together-I've got the album art to tell me who it's by and what album it's off of. ;D

It might also be easier to just shrink the size of the album art in addition to unifying the album-artist lines, but I don't know how difficult that would be in code.
    I wouldn't remove it since not everyone has album art. Merging them into one line should make the album art sufficiently square in shape.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Music player (Rexmix) Animated Dashboard Bar colors
    Attached Files Attached Files
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

If you don't mind. Clould you please tell me what line number this is.
    mprbeta_2010-13-09_193219.png

6.    #526  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Music player (Rexmix) Animated Dashboard Bar colors
    Thanks for the animated gifs. For those who haven't seen Warlord9159's animated background patch (posted in the Patches section of the forum), these particular animated gifs are designed for the mini-player scrubber bar as shown here:

I haven't decided yet, but I may incorporate this animated background into the app as an option on the Preferences screen. While it looks really cool animated, my only reservation is that customers may believe that the animation actually follows the music which in fact it doesn't. I can picture receiving some negative feedback because of this.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

7.    #527  
    It's line number 2337 in music-player.css.

I got it.

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the animated gifs. For those who haven't seen Warlord9159's animated background patch (posted in the Patches section of the forum), these particular animated gifs are designed for the mini-player scrubber bar as shown here:

I haven't decided yet, but I may incorporate this animated background into the app as an option on the Preferences screen. While it looks really cool animated, my only reservation is that customers may believe that the animation actually follows the music which in fact it doesn't. I can picture receiving some negative feedback because of this.
    I understand. I would not wont this to happen to such a great app.
    Home brewers will reap the benefits.

11.    #531  
    I understand. I would not wont this to happen to such a great app.
    Home brewers will reap the benefits.
    I like the screenshots... the all black look is smokin'!

Yeah homebrewers will always have more freedom and choice than the rest of the pack.

I like the screenshots... the all black look is smokin'!

Yeah homebrewers will always have more freedom and choice than the rest of the pack.
    Thank you.
    I really like the look too.
    Off to incorporate the new patch with the old one.

Thanks again for this awesome app and for allowing me to add my personal touch.

When listening to an audiobook that is 10 hours long and all one track the fast forward / rewind / resume play don't work right. It will only go to spots about every 5 minutes or so in the track no matter what time is showing in the progress bar. For instance if I listen to the first 3 minutes of the track then try to rewind 15 seconds it skips back to the beginning even though the progress bar shows 2:45; if I've gone past the 5 minute spot then it goes to that one, and so on through the entire track. This happens the same no matter if you use the fast forward, rewind, scrubber, resume play.

The original music player does the same thing with long tracks so this may be something that is outside of the "remix" scope of your app. Just though I would throw it out there.
    Continuing my series on exploration of removing files, I found another bug.

So when I was listening to music, then closed the MPRB app and plugged the phone in, then deleted the file I had been listening to. When I restarted the app, the resume play button still showed up, and when I clicked on it, it opened to a screen that was titled the same as the deleted track, but was missing cover art and wouldn't play of course.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hi, a UI suggestion: When a song is playing, say the song title is longer than what can fit it in the screen. Then what happens now it that the name scrolls round and round (the names scrolls from right to left continuously).

What do you think of the title scrolling to the left till the end of the name and stopping; then the name scrolls rightward to show the start of the name and so on. The scrolling will be slower and stop for around 3 secs at each end. I think this will be more pleasant visually.

Anyway, thanks for a wonderful app.
    veerar.
  16.    #536  
    Quote Originally Posted by rtwhite98 View Post
    When listening to an audiobook that is 10 hours long and all one track the fast forward / rewind / resume play don't work right. It will only go to spots about every 5 minutes or so in the track no matter what time is showing in the progress bar. For instance if I listen to the first 3 minutes of the track then try to rewind 15 seconds it skips back to the beginning even though the progress bar shows 2:45; if I've gone past the 5 minute spot then it goes to that one, and so on through the entire track. This happens the same no matter if you use the fast forward, rewind, scrubber, resume play.

The original music player does the same thing with long tracks so this may be something that is outside of the "remix" scope of your app. Just though I would throw it out there.
    Yes this has been a known issue since the original version of the app. I'm not sure it's something I can fix, but it is on my list of things to investigate. I'll update the "Known Issues" list in the first post to reflect this.

17.    #537  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Continuing my series on exploration of removing files, I found another bug.

So when I was listening to music, then closed the MPRB app and plugged the phone in, then deleted the file I had been listening to. When I restarted the app, the resume play button still showed up, and when I clicked on it, it opened to a screen that was titled the same as the deleted track, but was missing cover art and wouldn't play of course.
    Thanks for the report. Yes, if you delete a file and try to resume to it, it will not work. There may be a more elegant way to handle it.

18.    #538  
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Hi, a UI suggestion: When a song is playing, say the song title is longer than what can fit it in the screen. Then what happens now it that the name scrolls round and round (the names scrolls from right to left continuously).

What do you think of the title scrolling to the left till the end of the name and stopping; then the name scrolls rightward to show the start of the name and so on. The scrolling will be slower and stop for around 3 secs at each end. I think this will be more pleasant visually.

Anyway, thanks for a wonderful app.
    veerar.
    The current scrolling behavior seems the most natural way to present the song/artist/album information and mimics several different desktop music applications as well as a few standalone MP3 players.

I appreciate the suggestion, but in this case I disagree.

The current scrolling behavior seems the most natural way to present the song/artist/album information and mimics several different desktop music applications as well as a few standalone MP3 players.

I appreciate the suggestion, but in this case I disagree.
    Winamp does exactly what veerar describes. It has the small advantage of keeping more info onscreen at all times—no "whitespace" required to scroll it off the screen. That said, I've never really liked that it scrolled backwards, since that's not the expected behavior for a "marquee" display.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Cruzader and cgibin, other than all the various icons, what other elements would you envision skinnable in the future?
    Anything that is skinnable, really. Menu screens, tap events, scrubber bars, mini players...everything

I would gladly work on some free themes for this player!