Page 26 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Just throwing this out there as a possible change in functionality: when swiping through the Playlist preview mode, and swiping up to queue songs to play next, as long as you're still in Playlist preview mode could the songs be queued after the last song was queued instead of in front? Typically if I'm swiping to queue songs I want them queued in the order that I'm finding them and queuing them, not in the reverse.
    So the first swipe up would queue that song to play next, the next swipe up would queue that song after the first song I queued, 3rd song would be 3rd, etc.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Great Job on this app!!!!!!!
  3.    #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Dan,

When I auto-resume, playback starts playing from the start of a song momentarily and then jumps to where it left off. I believe it has had this behavior since upgrading to 2.0, I am currently running 1.99.13.
    Yeah I thought I fixed this, but I did notice this happened the other day. I'll take a look at it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  4.    #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Thank you, Dan.

I really do appreciate the help. I have some reservations concerning the use of your app, but, in the functionality in and of itself, it works quite well. I'm sorry that I can't be of much use with debugging other things since I have exactly zero need for several different lists or play modes or three different screen real estate minimizers, but, I am doing what I can (whether you want it or not ). I just need an app to sequentially repeat a genre that is in a constant state of having a "daily" added to the play list. Yours is the only one so far. And for that, despite a few hitches, it does exactly what I need.

Thank you.

M.
    I'm glad I could clear up how the repeat function works.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

5.    #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Just throwing this out there as a possible change in functionality: when swiping through the Playlist preview mode, and swiping up to queue songs to play next, as long as you're still in Playlist preview mode could the songs be queued after the last song was queued instead of in front? Typically if I'm swiping to queue songs I want them queued in the order that I'm finding them and queuing them, not in the reverse.
    So the first swipe up would queue that song to play next, the next swipe up would queue that song after the first song I queued, 3rd song would be 3rd, etc.
    I've been thinking of the same thing actually. I usually prefer the order you're talking about.

I'd like to hear other people's opinions. Would you rather have the current queuing mechanism (songs swiped up in preview mode will always play after the current song), or would you like the swiped up songs to play in the order they were swiped up (as NachoB described)?

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I've been thinking of the same thing actually. I usually prefer the order you're talking about.

I'd like to hear other people's opinions. Would you rather have the current queuing mechanism (songs swiped up in preview mode will always play after the current song), or would you like the swiped up songs to play in the order they were swiped up (as NachoB described)?
    My vote would be for both . Any reason it couldn't be made a setting in the Preferences screen?
    Great app BTW. One issue that has popped up is after syncing to Itunes, it took a while to rebuild the index, it seemed like it was hanging. I actually had to reboot my phone in order to get it working again.
    If I can make a suggestion on the latest update...totally up to you if you decide to implement as this is already a great app. I would just like to suggest when tapping the song title nam it pulls up album info and holding the title info brings up albums instead of vice versa. Just a suggestion..great job with the app!!!!
  9.    #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    My vote would be for both . Any reason it couldn't be made a setting in the Preferences screen?
    Before making it a preference, I'd like to get a feel of what people would prefer. If everyone prefers a certain way, then there isn't really a need to make it a preference.

So let me know what you think. Should queuing a previewed song place it after the currently playing song, or after the last queued song?

10.    #510  
    Quote Originally Posted by twbrooklyn View Post
    Great app BTW. One issue that has popped up is after syncing to Itunes, it took a while to rebuild the index, it seemed like it was hanging. I actually had to reboot my phone in order to get it working again.
    If you would have loaded the built-in app, you would see it was also hung up.

The next time you sync to iTunes, can you try loading the built-in music app first and see if it's hung up?

11.    #511  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingDA View Post
    If I can make a suggestion on the latest update...totally up to you if you decide to implement as this is already a great app. I would just like to suggest when tapping the song title nam it pulls up album info and holding the title info brings up albums instead of vice versa. Just a suggestion..great job with the app!!!!
    What does everybody else think?

Hey excellent job with Music Remix 2.0! I've been using your original one ever since I got my phone. I'm very very happy that somebody FINALLY got last.fm scrobbling working (and am even gladder it was you!). It works perfectly with my last.fm account.....assuming I have a signal when listening to music. However, I do most of my music listening on the subway when commuting to/from work, and I've found that when I don't have a signal, it doesn't update my account, even once I'm above ground again. Would it be possible to add a feature which saves a list of play updates if it can't connect to the last.fm server, and then sends them all when it does get a signal again?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I prefer this also - tapping to bring up album info seems more intuitive than the current implementation.

As to my preference on ordering of preview mode...if I had to choose I would use the "latest tapped song goes after the previous tapped song" rather than the current method.
  14.    #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by fusoya View Post
    Hey excellent job with Music Remix 2.0! I've been using your original one ever since I got my phone. I'm very very happy that somebody FINALLY got last.fm scrobbling working (and am even gladder it was you!). It works perfectly with my last.fm account.....assuming I have a signal when listening to music. However, I do most of my music listening on the subway when commuting to/from work, and I've found that when I don't have a signal, it doesn't update my account, even once I'm above ground again. Would it be possible to add a feature which saves a list of play updates if it can't connect to the last.fm server, and then sends them all when it does get a signal again?
    This is on the "Known issues" list in the first post of the thread.

15.    #515  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    I prefer this also - tapping to bring up album info seems more intuitive than the current implementation.

As to my preference on ordering of preview mode...if I had to choose I would use the "latest tapped song goes after the previous tapped song" rather than the current method.
    Ok very good... any other votes/thoughts on these two subjects?

So let me know what you think. Should queuing a previewed song place it after the currently playing song, or after the last queued song?
    Here's a crazy idea, especially if you're already thinking about implementing a swipe down to add to the end of the playlist. When you swipe up, it queues the song (A) to play after the current one, as it does now. If you swipe up additional songs within five minutes they're queued after (A), in the order they were added (B,C,D...) If you come back much later and bump another song, it gets played next as usual.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I would prefer latest tapped song after previous tapped song.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  18.    #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Here's a crazy idea, especially if you're already thinking about implementing a swipe down to add to the end of the playlist. When you swipe up, it queues the song (A) to play after the current one, as it does now. If you swipe up additional songs within five minutes they're queued after (A), in the order they were added (B,C,D...) If you come back much later and bump another song, it gets played next as usual.
    If I make this change it'll queue the song after the last previewed song that was queued in that preview mode session. So once you exit preview mode, if you re-enter preview mode and swipe up, it'll queue that song after the currently playing song.

I'll probably make this change since a few people seem to think it's the right thing to do, including myself.

I'm still interested in hearing more opinions as to whether tap and hold song/artist/album functions should be reversed.

I wouldn't mind it being condensed into one line, or even just removed all together-I've got the album art to tell me who it's by and what album it's off of. ;D

It might also be easier to just shrink the size of the album art in addition to unifying the album-artist lines, but I don't know how difficult that would be in code.
    Seems like a more logical sequence of events.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers