Page 25 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Version 1.99.13 has been released.

-

- Add a new button to each mini-player module which when tapped will re-focus the appís card.

- If the user taps and holds the song/artist/album info on the Now Playing screen, itíll load the songís album (a quick tap of the song/artist/album info loads the songís artist, or if the artist only has 1 album itíll load that album).
    didnt no how u could make this app any better but these 2 features really did it 4 me. especially since i suggested the first one lol
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  2.    #482  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    didnt no how u could make this app any better but these 2 features really did it 4 me. especially since i suggested the first one lol
    So you think the new mini-player looks ok? I'd like to hear everybody's feedback. This was the best way I could think of to allow the user to quickly get back to the app's card.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Dan,

Can you tell me what the order of the repeat icon is so I can use that feature (since you refuse to make your app accessible by those with a handicap).

All I see is:

• Tap1: Circle arrows
    • Tap2: Circle arrows
    • Tap3: Circle arrows with a "1" in the middle.

I assume one of the plan circle arrows with no number is "Repeat All" and the Other is "No Repeat". I have no idea which is which because I can't see any change in state (other than the third one with a "1" in the middle).

What is the order of this icon so I can count it out and use this basic feature (which is otherwise inaccessible to me)?

M.
    So you think the new mini-player looks ok? I'd like to hear everybody's feedback. This was the best way I could think of to allow the user to quickly get back to the app's card.
    At first I saw 3 rows for the mini player and thought it was a lot, but to pop that sucker up while doing something else, flip through the playlist, skip, or see the progress it... rules!!!!. I don't really have much to add as far as additional features to add. It's just plain awesomeness!. I hope Palm doesn't ever implement ANY of the cool stuff you added I would hate to see them take away any of the steam this app has in it, just plain amazing!!!
  5.    #485  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    (since you refuse to make your app accessible by those with a handicap).
    In my last post on the subject (http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2643618), I said I would try to think of a way to make it more color-blind friendly.

Just because I didn't use your specific solution, it doesn't mean I'm refusing to make my app handicap accessible. I want to come up with a solution that I feel will match my aesthetic vision of the app.

Can you tell me what the order of the repeat icon is so I can use that feature
    By default, playlists load in Repeat All mode. You can change this behavior on the Preferences screen.

Here is the order of the repeat modes when toggling it on the Now Playing screen:

All
    Track
    None
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

6.    #486  
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    At first I saw 3 rows for the mini player and thought it was a lot, but to pop that sucker up while doing something else, flip through the playlist, skip, or see the progress it... rules!!!!. I don't really have much to add as far as additional features to add. It's just plain awesomeness!. I hope Palm doesn't ever implement ANY of the cool stuff you added I would hate to see them take away any of the steam this app has in it, just plain amazing!!!
    Yeah I'm digging the mini-player too while I'm multitasking.

looks good to me, i mean its a toss up on whether or not to have the re-focus button on each part of the mini-player. i think u could get away with putting it on the now playing or section but it it probably more finger friendly to leave it on all
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    In my last post on the subject (http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2643618), I said I would try to think of a way to make it more color-blind friendly.

Just because I didn't use your specific solution, it doesn't mean I'm refusing to make my app handicap accessible. I want to come up with a solution that I feel will match my aesthetic vision of the app.

I'm not looking for "Browine Points", I just want to be able to use the thing (and make sure others in my situation can too). I'd really like to "preview" these ideas of yours so you don't waste time messing with these things when you'd much rather focus on other features/bugs for releases, but I already know the response to that request. I AM NOT DOWNING YOU for it either.

By default, playlists load in Repeat All mode. You can change this behavior on the Preferences screen.

Here is the order of the repeat modes when toggling it on the Now Playing screen:

All
    Track
    None

Since you have all these different lists that do different things, I'm not sure I know what a "Play List" is anymore. I've been trying very hard to understand what it is you're trying to accomplish, but honestly I use so very few of them I haven't put a whole lot of Brain Space to this.

When I would like to sequentially play a genre in Repeat All mode, taking into account adding a new file every day, please tell me exactly what to hit to accomplish this.

With your old version, it was as simple as Genre --> (Genre) --> Untoggle Shuffle --> Toggle repeat --> Play.

With the new version it's: Genre --> (Genre) --> Play Button at the bottom --> List Button at the top --> From here I can't see the different states so I need you help me here.

I assume that, to accomplish how I use your app(s), I would end tapping things at the Play button (judging on your repeat order)?

Also, when I add a track daily to the genre, do I just hit Resume Play and the new track is auto-magically available in the play sequence, or do I have to start from the beginning with selecting the genre --> etc.?

If yo need some clarification, with the typing above, please just let me know.

Thank you for the time, Dan.

M.
  9.    #489  
    Since you have all these different lists that do different things, I'm not sure I know what a "Play List" is anymore.
    When I said "playlist" in my previous post, I was referring to the Now Playing list of songs. So anytime you load any songs and start playing them, the app starts in Repeat All mode by default. Again, you can change this on the Preferences screen to start off in any of the repeat modes.

When I would like to sequentially play a genre in Repeat All mode, taking into account adding a new file every day, please tell me exactly what to hit to accomplish this.
    Assuming you didn't change the default repeat mode setting on the Preferences screen, you would do this:

Genre -> (Genre)

The app would start playing the genre in Repeat All mode automatically.

Also, when I add a track daily to the genre, do I just hit Resume Play and the new track is auto-magically available in the play sequence, or do I have to start from the beginning with selecting the genre --> etc.?
    Yes, if you were playing a particular genre and you re-opened the app and used "Resume Play", it would add the new tracks from that genre auto-magically.

10.    #490  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    looks good to me, i mean its a toss up on whether or not to have the re-focus button on each part of the mini-player. i think u could get away with putting it on the now playing or section but it it probably more finger friendly to leave it on all
    I debated on whether to put it on all 3, but I decided to do that in the end because I know some people are going to configure certain mini-player modules and I'd like all of them to be able to have this feature available to them.

When I said "playlist" in my previous post, I was referring to the Now Playing list of songs. So anytime you load any songs and start playing them, the app starts in Repeat All mode by default. Again, you can change this on the Preference screen to start off in any of the repeat modes.
    OK, I'm with ya so far. Other than disabling the mini-player/notification area/screen real estate reducing thing(s), I haven't touched the preferences other than to change the background.

Assuming you didn't change the default repeat mode setting on the Preferences screen, you would do this:

Genre -> (Genre)

The app would start playing the genre in Repeat All mode automatically.

Yep, I just checked and it looks like that much is at the default.

Yes, if you were playing a particular genre and you re-opened the app and used "Resume Play", it would add the new tracks from that genre auto-magically.

Fantastic. Thanks man. I do have one more questions involving this stuff. Now that I've been hitting all those buttons that I can't see what they do, how do I know what mode it's in now? Is there a way to "zero" it, or does your "default" mean, "no matter what *I* did before, Dan's default is the state it's always in". Do I make sense? How about this: If I hit (Repeat) 9 times in different colored lighting situations to see if I can see a difference in the icons (which I never have been able to), is that button now in whatever state the ninth tap would be, or does it "forcibly" go back to "Repeat All" when I open the play the next day?

M.
    awesome app! thanks!
    awesome app! thanks!
    Yes this is exactly how it's supposed to work. The faves list acts like a flylist. When you tap on an item, it will load that item first and also load all the other items in the list in the order they appear on the home screen.

I will be investigating having an option to treat each item in the faves list independently, but I'm not sure how that will work yet. So for the time being, the only behavior of the faves list is as I described above.

To help learn about all the new features, I'd suggest viewing the videos I uploaded to my HedamiSoft youtube account (linked in my signature below). It demonstrates many of the new features, including a definition of what the faves list is and how it behaves when you tap on an item.
    I must have skipped over that part of the video. I was thinking they would just be a shortcut to existing folders/lists.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Excellent app you've got here, DanPLC!

Request:
    Can you make more of the UI elements (icons, etc) open source so us design *****s can mess around on em too?
    Quote Originally Posted by cgibin View Post
    Excellent app you've got here, DanPLC!

Request:
    Can you make more of the UI elements (icons, etc) open source so us design *****s can mess around on em too?
    What if MPR was "skinable?" How awesome would that be for themers?
    Thinking more long-term (as this may not be a top priority or even a blip on the map...)
  17.    #497  
    Fantastic. Thanks man. I do have one more questions involving this stuff. Now that I've been hitting all those buttons that I can't see what they do, how do I know what mode it's in now? Is there a way to "zero" it, or does your "default" mean, "no matter what *I* did before, Dan's default is the state it's always in". Do I make sense? How about this: If I hit (Repeat) 9 times in different colored lighting situations to see if I can see a difference in the icons (which I never have been able to), is that button now in whatever state the ninth tap would be, or does it "forcibly" go back to "Repeat All" when I open the play the next day?
    Any time you load a new list to play, the repeat mode reverts back to the default value.

18.    #498  
    Cruzader and cgibin, other than all the various icons, what other elements would you envision skinnable in the future?

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Dan,

When I auto-resume, playback starts playing from the start of a song momentarily and then jumps to where it left off. I believe it has had this behavior since upgrading to 2.0, I am currently running 1.99.13.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Any time you load a new list to play, the repeat mode reverts back to the default value.

Thank you, Dan.

I really do appreciate the help. I have some reservations concerning the use of your app, but, in the functionality in and of itself, it works quite well. I'm sorry that I can't be of much use with debugging other things since I have exactly zero need for several different lists or play modes or three different screen real estate minimizers, but, I am doing what I can (whether you want it or not ). I just need an app to sequentially repeat a genre that is in a constant state of having a "daily" added to the play list. Yours is the only one so far. And for that, despite a few hitches, it does exactly what I need.

Thank you.

M.