Page 24 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I've checked the 'known issues' section on the 1st post and I may be seeing an issue that hasn't been mentioned yet or misunderstanding how the fave list works on the home screen.

When I add an artist or a flylist to my faves list, it appears that it includes all the songs for that artist and include songs from other artists (names aren't even close). A similar thing was done for the flylist. If there were songs from an artist in the faved flylist, it would suck in all the other songs by that artist. In both cases, it would do this until 499 songs were in the current list. However, if I went to the different categories on the left (artist or flylist) and then chose an artist or flylist, it would be ok.

I originally set up my faves and flylists with the initial beta version and wasn't paying attention enough to notice it.

I've cleared the faves list and then re-added the artists/flylists with the current version. It still has the same behavior, but here's what I noticed. Let's say you have the following in the fave list:

Artist A
    Artist B
    Artist C

When you tap on Artist A, it the resulting playlist will have all the songs from Artist A, then all the songs from Artist B, and then Artist C. If one taps on Artist C, it will include all of Artist C, A, and then B.

Is this how it is supposed to work or is this a bug?
  2.    #462  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    I've cleared the faves list and then re-added the artists/flylists with the current version. It still has the same behavior, but here's what I noticed. Let's say you have the following in the fave list:

Artist A
    Artist B
    Artist C

When you tap on Artist A, it the resulting playlist will have all the songs from Artist A, then all the songs from Artist B, and then Artist C. If one taps on Artist C, it will include all of Artist C, A, and then B.

Is this how it is supposed to work or is this a bug?
    Yes this is exactly how it's supposed to work. The faves list acts like a flylist. When you tap on an item, it will load that item first and also load all the other items in the list in the order they appear on the home screen.

I will be investigating having an option to treat each item in the faves list independently, but I'm not sure how that will work yet. So for the time being, the only behavior of the faves list is as I described above.

To help learn about all the new features, I'd suggest viewing the videos I uploaded to my HedamiSoft youtube account (linked in my signature below). It demonstrates many of the new features, including a definition of what the faves list is and how it behaves when you tap on an item.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    i installed music2.0 but all it says is re-building music index for a very long time about 30mins now. I installed it on my pre plus phone for verizon
  4.    #464  
    Quote Originally Posted by Splinter20 View Post
    i installed music2.0 but all it says is re-building music index for a very long time about 30mins now. I installed it on my pre plus phone for verizon
    Can you load up the built-in music app and see if it stays stuck on the spinner? Please let me know either way.

After doing this, reboot your phone and that should fix it.
    wow your right not even my built in music one? i wonder whats wrong?
  6.    #466  
    wow your right not even my built in music one? i wonder whats wrong?
    Try rebooting your phone. If that doesn't work, try hooking up your device in "USB Mode" and copy a music file over, disconnect your device, and reload the app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

got it yeah you need to re-boot it thanks for your help. and it looks really awesome keep up the good work.
  8.    #468  
    got it yeah you need to re-boot it thanks for your help. and it looks really awesome keep up the good work.
    Glad you got it working.

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi,

i know that you removed the album art in the lists for speed reasons.
    I miss it a lot as I'm a more visual guy. I know the cover, but not the album name.

Do you have any plans to create any type of album art selection list?

HaPe
  10.    #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi,

i know that you removed the album art in the lists for speed reasons.
    I miss it a lot as I'm a more visual guy. I know the cover, but not the album name.

Do you have any plans to create any type of album art selection list?

HaPe
    I haven't put any thought into this type of feature. But it may be something I consider in the future. I know some people prefer visual browsing which is why I created the Playlist Preview mode on the Now Playing screen.

thanks again a quick suggestion...

if one wants to add a single song to multiple flylists, having a checkbox type interface would be nice
  12.    #472  
    Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    thanks again a quick suggestion...

if one wants to add a single song to multiple flylists, having a checkbox type interface would be nice
    I'll think about it, but I suspect that most people only add an item to a single flylist at a time.

13.    #473  
    Version 1.99.13 has been released. The main changes are full Pixi and landscape orientation compatibility. Also there are a few new features, based upon suggestions in this thread. And there are several bug fixes.

The new version should be available in the PreCentral homebrew gallery and should be available shortly when the Preware feed updates.

Here is the complete change log:

- Make all screens Pixi-friendly (NOTE: If you find any screens which are not properly formatted on the Pixi or Pre, please let me know).

- Make all screens landscape-friendly (NOTE: If you find any screens which are not properly formatted in either portrait or landscape orientations, please let me know).

- Add a “Play” icon at the bottom of various list screens. Tapping it will load all the songs from that particular list in the original order.

- Add a new button to each mini-player module which when tapped will re-focus the app’s card.

- If the user taps and holds the song/artist/album info on the Now Playing screen, it’ll load the song’s album (a quick tap of the song/artist/album info loads the song’s artist, or if the artist only has 1 album it’ll load that album).

- Bug Fix: Under certain conditions, the app would allow the user to save duplicate items to a flylist.

- Bug Fix: When switching between option tabs on the Preferences screen, scroll the option pane to the top.

- Bug Fix: When loading an album in a flylist, in the Faves list, or adding an album to the current playlist via the “add to list” popup, the songs aren’t being played in the original track listing order.

- Bug Fix: If no synced playlists are on the device, a message stating this should appear on the Playlists screen.

- Bug Fix: Longer song durations would be displayed incorrectly on the Now Playing and Lyrics screens.

- Bug Fix: Pause/Play indicator was not aligned properly on Lyrics screen.

I'm getting the following when trying to install in preware. If I try to go to that link in my browser I get 404 as well.

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/com.palm_.app_.mprbeta_1.99.5_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precentral/com.palm_.app_.mprbeta_1.99.5_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    161 161 161 161 0 0 1816 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 3744
    0 161 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404

Thanks,
    Eric
    Last edited by lostnthenet; 09/12/2010 at 04:52 PM.
  15.    #475  
    Quote Originally Posted by lostnthenet View Post
    I'm getting the following when trying to install in preware. If I try to go to that link in my browser I get 404 as well.

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/com.palm_.app_.mprbeta_1.99.5_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen...1.99.5_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    161 161 161 161 0 0 1816 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 3744
    0 161 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404

Thanks,
    Eric

Thanks,
    Eric
    The IPK you have in your log is the old version. The newest version is 1.99.13. I'm not sure if it's showing up in Preware yet. Go to the link I posted at the bottom of the first thread. On that page is a direct link to the new IPK which you should be able to install in Preware.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    The IPK you have in your log is the old version. The newest version is 1.99.13. I'm not sure if it's showing up in Preware yet. Go to the link I posted at the bottom of the first thread. On that page is a direct link to the new IPK which you should be able to install in Preware.
    I updated my feed again and it worked. Sorry about that. I thought to reboot the phone but didn't think about updating feeds. Doh!
  17.    #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by lostnthenet View Post
    I updated my feed again and it worked. Sorry about that. I thought to reboot the phone but didn't think about updating feeds. Doh!
    That's ok... you just unlucky and tried downloading it right after I uploaded the new version.

Wow! This app is awesome. I'm amazed at how feature rich it is. Great YouTube demo as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    - Make all screens Pixi-friendly (NOTE: If you find any screens which are not properly formatted on the Pixi or Pre, please let me know).
    Everything looks a -lot- better now on the Pixi, but there's really only one left over issue.

Square album art turns a little fat, haha. It looks fine in Landscape mode, however.
  20.    #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by SineOt View Post
    Everything looks a -lot- better now on the Pixi, but there's really only one left over issue.

Square album art turns a little fat, haha. It looks fine in Landscape mode, however.
    Yeah I noticed that too. I'm contemplating combining the artist and album info on one line on Pixis to make the album art a bit more square.