Page 21 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Yeah this one would be tough because it searches for both artist and album when running a query on an album. The reason is that two artists may have the same album name and you wouldn't want to list songs from two different albums.

I know MP3 tags can be set up with both an "Album Artist" and an "Artist". So theoretically you could set the "Album Artist" to "Various Artists" and a music app could use this data for its album query. However I'm not sure which tag the webOS media indexer is using. My hunch would be it's using the normal "Artist" field.
    It has to be the normal "Artist" field considering I do have "Album Artist" set to something.

But couldn't one implement a feature, such as, tap and hold song name to jump to the song's album? It doesn't interfere with tap to jump to artist...?
    this is awesome.... great attention to detail.
    Dan,

I imagine users often use the full size card to manipulate their music when they're doing prolonged tasks such as physical activities and driving, without using their phones for much else other than replying to incoming text messages or checking a map, etc.

I also imagine at the time most users choose to navigate away from the full card they are mostly/always satisfied with what the player is currently doing.

Considering these things (and assuming it's possible) you might also consider a delay before the mini player begins running in the dashboard (but still have it come up immediately while screen is locked).

It's more than likely there's plenty I'm not taking into consideration, but I could see the delay being as long as a minute without negatively affecting the user experience. Or it could be configurable.

Just a thought.

Thanks again for all the great work!
    WOW DAN!!! Every single feature I was hoping and wishing for!! LOL And Last.fm too?!?! Its like christmas everyday! haha I found myself comparing 2.0 to my buddy's iphone's ipod app and pfffff... LOL Im like "I can do that! Can you? NO!? Awwweee that sucks for you dude!!" HAHAHA Simply superb work my friend! Music Remix has been and will continue to be my most used and coveted app! This is 1 app everyone should be happy to pay money for! HPalm needs to take a lesson from you sir when pushin out THEIR 2.0 YOU ARE THE MAN! DAN THE MAN!! LOL Ok thats enough ego boostin for now Keep up the the great work my friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    O.K, I'm about to make the big switch from iTunes to MediaMonkey ("Gold" version to the tune of $52! ) after reading related threads in other forums...I'm just SO tired of iTunes, I've gotta try something different and I also thought it would be cool to use the PRE and your new Remix 2.0 for playing music etc.
    Before you do I'd give JRMC Media Player a look. I've used MM Gold before (when I had an ipod touch 1.0) and found it rather... erm.. unpolished. I'm nothing but a very happy JRMC user as it goes. Some of the stand-out features for me are automatic album art embedding, quick and easy (or incredibly customisable) smartlists (think flylists in Remix), auto device sync, DLNA client and server, browser based remote control (with desktop and mobile UIs) and probably a lot more I'm not thinking of right now Oh, and it's cheaper, but not by much, too at $49.98.
  6.    #406  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    O.K, I'm about to make the big switch from iTunes to MediaMonkey ("Gold" version to the tune of $52! ) after reading related threads in other forums...I'm just SO tired of iTunes, I've gotta try something different and I also thought it would be cool to use the PRE and your new Remix 2.0 for playing music etc.

So, question: is your new Music Player (Remix) 2.0 compatible (or going to be compatible) with MediaMonkey for syncing--including the playlists we develop on our PC/in MM? (I'm using Windows 7, if that helps.)

I'm new to this and want it all to go smoothly--I know, I know: wishful thinking with Windows, right?!
    It's not a question of any one app being compatible, but whether webOS is compatible. I use Media Monkey (while the device is in "Media Sync" mode) to sync my music and it works great. However I haven't tried to sync playlists in this way. Maybe someone else can chime in on whether this works.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  7.    #407  
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzader View Post
    It has to be the normal "Artist" field considering I do have "Album Artist" set to something.

But couldn't one implement a feature, such as, tap and hold song name to jump to the song's album? It doesn't interfere with tap to jump to artist...?
    That's a good idea...I'll do it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

8.    #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Dan,

I imagine users often use the full size card to manipulate their music when they're doing prolonged tasks such as physical activities and driving, without using their phones for much else other than replying to incoming text messages or checking a map, etc.

I also imagine at the time most users choose to navigate away from the full card they are mostly/always satisfied with what the player is currently doing.

Considering these things (and assuming it's possible) you might also consider a delay before the mini player begins running in the dashboard (but still have it come up immediately while screen is locked).

It's more than likely there's plenty I'm not taking into consideration, but I could see the delay being as long as a minute without negatively affecting the user experience. Or it could be configurable.

Just a thought.

Thanks again for all the great work!
    The problem is that when using all 3 modules of the mini-player, there is a slight delay while the modules are loading. It seems to take webOS a bit of time to load a new dashboard notification. So I don't want this delay present a minute after they've minimized the card. I'd rather it happen right away so the user becomes accustomed to it. I'm hoping webOS 2.0 will minimize this delay, but you never know.

Also, while you may be correct in most cases, I think it's advantageous to have the mini-player available as soon as possible. I can think of situations where a user minimizes the app, goes to another app, and immediately needs to access the mini-player. For instance let's say a song is about to end and they receive an email notification. They load up the email but then realize they want to find another song before the current song ends, so they bring up the mini-player and start previewing their playlist, switch songs, then continue reading their email.

9.    #409  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfortune View Post
    WOW DAN!!! Every single feature I was hoping and wishing for!! LOL And Last.fm too?!?! Its like christmas everyday! haha I found myself comparing 2.0 to my buddy's iphone's ipod app and pfffff... LOL Im like "I can do that! Can you? NO!? Awwweee that sucks for you dude!!" HAHAHA Simply superb work my friend! Music Remix has been and will continue to be my most used and coveted app! This is 1 app everyone should be happy to pay money for! HPalm needs to take a lesson from you sir when pushin out THEIR 2.0 YOU ARE THE MAN! DAN THE MAN!! LOL Ok thats enough ego boostin for now Keep up the the great work my friend!
    Yeah I have a lot of iBuddies at work...I'll need to try the same thing and compare our music apps and see which one comes out on top.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Dan,

Been rolling with this for a week now and I love it! Seems like you've made progress on the Lyrics display bug. Songs with ? now work. But songs with [] still fail.

Keep up the great work! I look forward to the final release.
    I spent a lot of time messing around with this and very VERY happy congrats!!!!
    I seem to be stuck in a "Re-building music index..." loop, not sure why. I deleted all music off my phone and just put a couple of songs just to test out my new .mp3 tag album art and for only having 3 songs on my phone, this has been going on for the last 5 minutes. I will reset my phone and see if that changes anything and let you know the result, in the meantime, is there a possible reason for this?

I REALLY like that lyric aspect of the player, very cool
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I spent a lot of time messing around with this and very VERY happy congrats!!!!
    I seem to be stuck in a "Re-building music index..." loop, not sure why. I deleted all music off my phone and just put a couple of songs just to test out my new .mp3 tag album art and for only having 3 songs on my phone, this has been going on for the last 5 minutes. I will reset my phone and see if that changes anything and let you know the result, in the meantime, is there a possible reason for this?

I REALLY like that lyric aspect of the player, very cool
    anytime i get the re-building message, i just restart the phone. someone said it earlier but if you sync via doubletwist or some other player & then later add music via usb/drag&drop this probably causes that loop.
    Awesome redo of the Music app. I used to use the old 0.12.x version you made. Now that I deleted that and upgraded to this 1.99.x beta I find it worlds better. I still have random issues with the app though.

- Misc failure to play any song. The song will read as 0.00 for a time (start and end of bar).
    - App becomes completely unresponsive or extremely delayed...think 10-20 seconds to register a press. (Nothing else running)
    - A reboot or multiple reboots do nothing.
    - Problem sometimes fixes itself on its own....for a while. Usually it will play a few songs then if I pause it or something (or on its own) it will just stop responding.

I really do appreciate the effort you put into this, but I wish Palm/HP would just 'buy' you and stuff it in the phone. One of the biggest stumbling blocks I have for the Pre is the fact that it takes so much effort to get music to work effectively/quickly and with little effort to sync.....maybe after you finish this app AND HP/Palm give us WebOS 2.0.....sigh.....
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    - Misc failure to play any song. The song will read as 0.00 for a time (start and end of bar).
    - App becomes completely unresponsive or extremely delayed...think 10-20 seconds to register a press. (Nothing else running)
    - A reboot or multiple reboots do nothing.
    - Problem sometimes fixes itself on its own....for a while. Usually it will play a few songs then if I pause it or something (or on its own) it will just stop responding.
    I wonder if this could be a problem with the media itself or the media index file on your device. It might be worth trying to temporarily offload your media and test it with just a couple of albums that weren't already on your phone.

I haven't seen any responsiveness issues on a Sprint Pre (I am running Uberkernel now however, so that may help).
  15.    #415  
    Quote Originally Posted by neo999 View Post
    Dan,

Been rolling with this for a week now and I love it! Seems like you've made progress on the Lyrics display bug. Songs with ? now work. But songs with [] still fail.

Keep up the great work! I look forward to the final release.
    Can you give me a specific example with "[]" where it fails? Please provide me with the exact artist name and song name (case-sensitive). These have to match the information found on lyrics.wikia.com, or it won't be able to retrieve the lyrics.

Also please let me know the exact error message displayed.

16.    #416  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpuczko View Post
    anytime i get the re-building message, i just restart the phone. someone said it earlier but if you sync via doubletwist or some other player & then later add music via usb/drag&drop this probably causes that loop.
    Yeah I experience the same thing when syncing in "Media Sync" mode with Media Monkey, then trying to copy files manually in "USB Mode". A reboot always fixes the issue. And this is not specific with my app. The built-in music app will also be stuck spinning at the load screen.

17.    #417  
    This will happen if the song is not actually on the device (i.e. the file is missing, but the webOS media indexer still lists the file), or if the file is corrupt on the device. To verify this, try loading the exact same song in the built-in music app. If it skips right over it, then it's a problem in the file. If the built-in music app plays it fine, then if you can, PM me the file and I'll try it out on my device.

I've never experienced any delays anywhere near 10 seconds when interacting with the app's user interface. I think you have something going on with your device and/or media files.

Ok just a little update, I did restart my phone, now it works. No biggie. I do however have 2 music folders and 2 songs on my phone that for some reason cannot be erased. I have never synched my phone, only drag and drop via USB. I have tried Internalz and my PC desktop to get rid of these 4 items but for whatever reason, they won't go. Any ideas?

Figured it out, was asking me to scan and fix again, did it, files are able to erase.
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/10/2010 at 09:46 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  19.    #419  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Ok just a little update, I did restart my phone, now it works. No biggie. I do however have 2 music folders and 2 songs on my phone that for some reason cannot be erased. I have never synched my phone, only drag and drop via USB. I have tried Internalz and my PC desktop to get rid of these 4 items but for whatever reason, they won't go. Any ideas?
    What happens if you try deleting the folders and files while in "USB Mode"? Do you get an error?

DanPLC,

Wow, great job. Specifically love:
    -the fave concept and how you implemented it and arranged the opening screen
    -you made the 'swipe away' easier - it was too 'thick' before
    -omg a HOME button - THANK YOU
    -also, nice job on the button icons, they are fairly intuitive

Suggestions:
    -I only you the miniplayer dashboard, and I find that I miss being able to activate the app with it like on the original player
    -I guess it is not possible to have 3 different icons for the 3 dashboard apps?
    -Maybe with the 3 dash board apps, you could have a single notification, and then a button on the dashboard, uh, bar that lets one cycle through the 3 controls?
    -It would be nice if it would save the state of 'shuffle play' on playlists. for example, I have a play list that is all my music except the christmas music, and like to just play that in shuffle play
    -The now playing scene defaults to coverflow, and it might be nice if there was a way to toggle that default, or at least simply resume in the mode it was last used in?

Again, thanks alot, I look forward to paying for this app sometime soon! ;-)
    Last edited by notcalvin; 09/09/2010 at 03:30 PM.