Page 20 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Good question. I definitely didn't use "Media Sync" mode. I may have used "USB Mode", but now that I think about it, I may have use Internalz.
    I think deleting it with Internalz is the culprit. I just deleted one of my music files with Internalz and now that file is showing up in the app but won't play.

I've tried rebooting the device, connecting the device in "USB Mode" and copying over new music to force the music index to rebuild, and neither one worked. Maybe you can ask Jason if he has any ideas as to why a music file deleted in Internalz would not get updated by the webOS media indexer.

If I find a way to get it removed from the app, I'll let you know.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Thank you so much. A little tweaking for the Pixi would be great, but this is way better than a re-vamped stock music player.

$5 being paid for your time.
    I have found that in the rare cases that Internalz doesn't rescan the file indexer after deleting (or saving) a file, that you can force it to do so by moving a random file from one folder to another.

I don't know why that is, but it happened to me once with pictures.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  4.    #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post
    Thank you so much. A little tweaking for the Pixi would be great, but this is way better than a re-vamped stock music player.

$5 being paid for your time.
    Making the app fully Pixi-friendly is high up on the priority list. After I release the Pixi-friendly version, please let me know if I missed anything on any of the screens.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Making the app fully Pixi-friendly is high up on the priority list. After I release the Pixi-friendly version, please let me know if I missed anything on any of the screens.
    Currently searching for a donate link in your signature or the download page... doesn't stand out. got a link?
  6.    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I have found that in the rare cases that Internalz doesn't rescan the file indexer after deleting (or saving) a file, that you can force it to do so by moving a random file from one folder to another.

I don't know why that is, but it happened to me once with pictures.
    I tried to move a music file to another folder. When I opened Music Player (Remix), it re-built the index; however the deleted music file is still showing up.

7.    #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post
    Currently searching for a donate link in your signature or the download page... doesn't stand out. got a link?
    I'm not posting a donation link here because this app is being beta tested for inclusion into the app catalog. Once the app makes it into the catalog, you can show your support by purchasing the final release version.

# stop fileindexer
    # rm /var/luna/data/mediadb.db3
    # start fileindexer

M.
  9.    #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    # stop fileindexer
    # rm /var/luna/data/mediadb.db3
    # start fileindexer

M.
    That didn't work for me.

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Is there a FAQ somewhere for this app? I see that there are Flylists and Playlists, which would seem to indicate that, if the flylists are created on the Pre, the playlists must be synced from a desktop. How do I create them on the desktop?
  11.    #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    Is there a FAQ somewhere for this app? I see that there are Flylists and Playlists, which would seem to indicate that, if the flylists are created on the Pre, the playlists must be synced from a desktop. How do I create them on the desktop?
    No but eventually (meaning before the release into the app catalog), I'll be implementing the interactive help system ("?" icon at the top-right corner of every screen) which provides on-screen guides within the app. Also I'll be creating a series of video tutorials that you can view on the app's help screen. In addition, I'll also provide a FAQ on the app's help screen. To view a demonstration of some of these help features, you can view a video I created for my GeoStrings app:

But in the meantime, before all of these help resources are made available, you can view the videos I uploaded to my HedamiSoft youtube channel (the link to the video list is in my signature). This should give a pretty good demonstration of many of the features.

To answer your question, "flylists" are playlists that you create and manage "on-the-fly", on your device. You can add any type of item to a flylist (song, album, artist, genre, playlist) by tapping on the "+" icon to the left of any item.

"Playlists" are ones that you sync from your computer. I think you can sync playlists using an application like iTunes or Media Monkey, but the way I've done it is to copy the music you want in the playlist to a folder on your computer. Then open up Windows Media Player (assuming you're running Windows) and drag the files from that folder to the playlist pane. Then right-click and save the playlist as an .M3U file. Move that file into the same folder where the music files are located. Then copy that whole folder to your device in "USB Mode". The M3U playlist should now show up on the "Playlists" screen.

I'm not posting a donation link here because this app is being beta tested for inclusion into the app catalog. Once the app makes it into the catalog, you can show your support by purchasing the final release version.
    If you don't have it yet, you also could purchase GeoStrings as an extra little thank-you. Of course, you might find that it's well worth the price in its own rightólocation-specific reminders can be incredibly useful.
    Swiping on the Now Playing screen is used for the new Playlist Preview mode, so that won't work. But I am coming up with a way to skip forward or backward preset amounts of time.
    Crazy thought, but I don't suppose there's currently a way to detect a two-finger swipe?

Otherwise, I'd vote for mapping a pair of keys to skip forward/back, and allow the user to set values for each. I often just need to rewind a few seconds for an instant replay, but skipping forward just a few seconds is of negligible utility, so I'd probably set mine to 5 seconds back, 30 seconds forward.

However you implement it, I think this will be a great control to have. Since even with the Reduce Drag Radius patch the scrubber bar isn't very precise, being able to skip forward/back by a known quantity would be a really nice feature.
    There's a bug with letter-jumping, just like in the other music remix app.

I go to songs, press E, and instead of jumping to the top of the letter, I'm put at Em, or some other random place in the list. Happens with artists, too. G jumps me to Gr, not the start of G artists.

~* I can't believe it's not butter! *~
  15.    #395  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylor View Post
    There's a bug with letter-jumping, just like in the other music remix app.

I go to songs, press E, and instead of jumping to the top of the letter, I'm put at Em, or some other random place in the list. Happens with artists, too. G jumps me to Gr, not the start of G artists.
    It's not really a random place in the list, but yes you're correct that it won't always land exactly on the first word of the letter. I haven't had a chance to improve the alphabet scrolling algorthm, but I plan to do so.
    It's not really a random place in the list, but yes you're correct that it won't always land exactly on the first word of the letter. I haven't had a chance to improve the alphabet scrolling algorthm, but I plan to do so.
    I did figure it was an algorithm, haha. Nothing's ever actually random on a computer. It just appears random to the end-user.

Another suggestion - I think there should be an option to tell it to ignore 'The' at the beginning of artists or songs

~* I can't believe it's not butter! *~
  17.    #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Crazy thought, but I don't suppose there's currently a way to detect a two-finger swipe?

Otherwise, I'd vote for mapping a pair of keys to skip forward/back, and allow the user to set values for each. I often just need to rewind a few seconds for an instant replay, but skipping forward just a few seconds is of negligible utility, so I'd probably set mine to 5 seconds back, 30 seconds forward.

However you implement it, I think this will be a great control to have. Since even with the Reduce Drag Radius patch the scrubber bar isn't very precise, being able to skip forward/back by a known quantity would be a really nice feature.
    No you can't detect a two-finger swipe. That would be cool though.

I'll probably have the skip amounts configurable by the user since everyone will have their own preferences.
  18.    #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylor View Post
    I did figure it was an algorithm, haha. Nothing's ever actually random on a computer. It just appears random to the end-user.

Another suggestion - I think there should be an option to tell it to ignore 'The' at the beginning of artists or songs
    I have it on my list to do that.
    I think deleting it with Internalz is the culprit. I just deleted one of my music files with Internalz and now that file is showing up in the app but won't play.

I've tried rebooting the device, connecting the device in "USB Mode" and copying over new music to force the music index to rebuild, and neither one worked. Maybe you can ask Jason if he has any ideas as to why a music file deleted in Internalz would not get updated by the webOS media indexer.

Interesting! Jason, are you listening???
    No but eventually (meaning before the release into the app catalog), I'll be implementing the interactive help system ("?" icon at the top-right corner of every screen) which provides on-screen guides within the app. Also I'll be creating a series of video tutorials that you can view on the app's help screen. In addition, I'll also provide a FAQ on the app's help screen. To view a demonstration of some of these help features, you can view a video I created for my GeoStrings app:

But in the meantime, before all of these help resources are made available, you can view the videos I uploaded to my HedamiSoft youtube channel (the link to the video list is in my signature). This should give a pretty good demonstration of many of the features.

To answer your question, "flylists" are playlists that you create and manage "on-the-fly", on your device. You can add any type of item to a flylist (song, album, artist, genre, playlist) by tapping on the "+" icon to the left of any item.

"Playlists" are ones that you sync from your computer. I think you can sync playlists using an application like iTunes or Media Monkey, but the way I've done it is to copy the music you want in the playlist to a folder on your computer. Then open up Windows Media Player (assuming you're running Windows) and drag the files from that folder to the playlist pane. Then right-click and save the playlist as an .M3U file. Move that file into the same folder where the music files are located. Then copy that whole folder to your device in "USB Mode". The M3U playlist should now show up on the "Playlists" screen.
    O.K, I'm about to make the big switch from iTunes to MediaMonkey ("Gold" version to the tune of $52! ) after reading related threads in other forums...I'm just SO tired of iTunes, I've gotta try something different and I also thought it would be cool to use the PRE and your new Remix 2.0 for playing music etc.

So, question: is your new Music Player (Remix) 2.0 compatible (or going to be compatible) with MediaMonkey for syncing--including the playlists we develop on our PC/in MM? (I'm using Windows 7, if that helps.)

I'm new to this and want it all to go smoothly--I know, I know: wishful thinking with Windows, right?!