webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > Music Player (Remix) 2.0 - Homebrew Edition
Music Player (Remix) 2.0 - Homebrew Edition
  Reply
Like Tree3Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09/02/2010, 10:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 180
Is it up on Preware? I'm not seeing it yet, but it may be because I don't have 1.4.5.

--Matt (hoping 1.4.5 isn't required for the beta)
mpfef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2010, 10:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
ut00wj's Avatar
 
Posts: 2
Great software!!!
ut00wj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2010, 10:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
Is it up on Preware? I'm not seeing it yet, but it may be because I don't have 1.4.5.

--Matt (hoping 1.4.5 isn't required for the beta)

I'm not seeing it in Preware, yet, either (and I DO have 1.4.5 installed).
Tampaguy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2010, 10:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
DanPLC's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
I love the app. So far I noticed that when trying to save a bookmark(something i accidentally clicked) I get

Error
Unable to save bookmark - no such column: songName

I tried to reproduce and I get it everytime.

Clicking on bookmarks for me also leads to an error of

Error
Error while retrieving bookmarks - no such column: currentSong
You may have downloaded the original IPK that I posted. This type of error would occur if you tried to install that IPK over the old version of Music Player (Remix).

Try deleting all versions of Music Player (Remix) from your device, then install the IPK that I have linked in the first post.

Then try saving a bookmark and let me know if you get that error again.
__________________
Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
DanPLC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2010, 10:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
DanPLC's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy75 View Post
I'm not seeing it in Preware, yet, either (and I DO have 1.4.5 installed).
The PreCentral folks haven't approved it yet. I just submitted it tonight.

Until it's available in Preware, you can install it via the IPK link in the first post of this thread.
__________________
Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
DanPLC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2010, 10:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
You may have downloaded the original IPK that I posted. This type of error would occur if you tried to install that IPK over the old version of Music Player (Remix).

Try deleting all versions of Music Player (Remix) from your device, then install the IPK that I have linked in the first post.

Then try saving a bookmark and let me know if you get that error again.
That is probably it. I'll try that out now.

Edit: Yup that was it.

Suggestion: For flylists what would be awesome would be if there was a way on initial creation u could click a + on the Flylist screen and the whole songs list appears with [] checkboxes and we can just check the ones we want and save it like that. I think it would be a lot more fluid for the user if they could add it in like this rather than one by one through the songs list screen.

Last edited by Smubeht; 09/02/2010 at 11:04 PM.
Smubeht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2010, 11:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 47
Great app!!! One of the best WebOS apps!
I just now downloaded and played with it a bit. Is there any way to import the old flylists from the previous version of Music Player (Remix) into 2.0 Beta?
mohaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2010, 11:06 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
DanPLC's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaynes View Post
Great app!!! One of the best WebOS apps!
I just now downloaded and played with it a bit. Is there any way to import the old flylists from the previous version of Music Player (Remix) into 2.0 Beta?
No mainly because flylists in Music Player (Remix) 2.0 are very different than the ones in the old version of the app. In the old version, flylists were simply a list of songs. In the new version, any type of item can be stored in a flylist (songs, albums, artist, genres, and synced playlists). And overall, the database has been completely re-designed.

But I think you'll find with some of the new features, it'll be much easier to add items to a flylist. You can just start typing and the universal search panel will appear. Tap on the "+" icon next to an item to display a menu...one of the selections is "Add to a flylist". The "+" icons are also available on every single list screen.
__________________
Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
DanPLC is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: mohaynes
Old 09/02/2010, 11:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
DanPLC's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
That is probably it. I'll try that out now.

Edit: Yup that was it.

Suggestion: For flylists what would be awesome would be if there was a way on initial creation u could click a + on the Flylist screen and the whole songs list appears with [] checkboxes and we can just check the ones we want and save it like that. I think it would be a lot more fluid for the user if they could add it in like this rather than one by one through the songs list screen.
The universal search feature is exactly what you're describing. Right now it's only available on the Home and Now Playing screens, but soon I'll be adding it to all the other screens.

So when you add a new flylist, you can then just start typing to find the songs (or albums, artists, genres, playlists) you're looking for then add them to the flylist directly from the universal search panel.
__________________
Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
DanPLC is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: gbuofu
Old 09/02/2010, 11:11 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
One_Deep's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,495
Can't wait to try it out! Hopefully once WebOS 2.0 is released everyone will buy this app.
One_Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: DanPLC
Old 09/02/2010, 11:16 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 19
Love this app so far. I had the older version, and I used it everyday. This is even better. I've been playing with it for a few minutes, and the only thing I've noticed is that I can't see all the options under Preferences (I have a Pixi), and I'm unable to scroll down. Other than that, no issues so far.
Tiff_Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2010, 11:21 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 187
I don't know, I guess flylists are things that would only be setup a couple times so not a big deal I think.

But I think you misunderstood what I mean. I don't know all my songs on my device by heart so using the universal search wont help. That is an absolute great feature, but it helps more when you know the single song/album/etc that you want to add.

But when I initially added the Music Player I had no flylists and on my device I have a couple hundred songs, but want to make a flylist that has maybe 50-100 of them.

The process I used first time around was I went to Songs and then added one by one to the flylist by adding one, then scrolling down adding another, but its like 3 clicks per song to add to the flylist. I was thinking on the Flylist screen you click your flylist, then there would be some icon on the bottom(I was thinking a +) and then maybe you can select one of the categories(Artists/Albums/Songs/Genres) and what pops up is a list of all of that with checkboxes where you can just scroll and select through to pick out the songs you want. Again it isn't a big deal, just wanted to offer my suggestion.
Smubeht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2010, 11:23 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
DanPLC's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff_Ellis View Post
Love this app so far. I had the older version, and I used it everyday. This is even better. I've been playing with it for a few minutes, and the only thing I've noticed is that I can't see all the options under Preferences (I have a Pixi), and I'm unable to scroll down. Other than that, no issues so far.
Yeah that's one of the known issues...sorry about that. I haven't gone through all the Pixi testing yet. But it's high on my priority list...I wouldn't be surprised if the next update didn't correct some Pixi issues.
__________________
Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
DanPLC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2010, 11:26 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
DanPLC's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
I don't know, I guess flylists are things that would only be setup a couple times so not a big deal I think.

But I think you misunderstood what I mean. I don't know all my songs on my device by heart so using the universal search wont help. That is an absolute great feature, but it helps more when you know the single song/album/etc that you want to add.

But when I initially added the Music Player I had no flylists and on my device I have a couple hundred songs, but want to make a flylist that has maybe 50-100 of them.

The process I used first time around was I went to Songs and then added one by one to the flylist by adding one, then scrolling down adding another, but its like 3 clicks per song to add to the flylist. I was thinking on the Flylist screen you click your flylist, then there would be some icon on the bottom(I was thinking a +) and then maybe you can select one of the categories(Artists/Albums/Songs/Genres) and what pops up is a list of all of that with checkboxes where you can just scroll and select through to pick out the songs you want. Again it isn't a big deal, just wanted to offer my suggestion.
I understand now... I actually have it on my list to create some type of multi-select option but I'm not sure if it'll get in the first release.
__________________
Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
DanPLC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2010, 11:30 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 187
Either way keep doing what your doing, everything I have seen so far is great!! Can't wait to continue testing it while i listen to music at work =).
Smubeht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2010, 11:37 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1,525
Look forward to updating to 2.0.

Two questions:
Does this run on VZW 1.4.1.1 (pre plus)

and

Do I need to uninstall the first version or will it automatically upgrade to 2.0?
MDsmartphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2010, 11:39 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Charlesgonz's Avatar
 
Posts: 11
Great work.
Charlesgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: DanPLC
Old 09/02/2010, 11:41 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
DanPLC's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
Look forward to updating to 2.0.

Two questions:
Does this run on VZW 1.4.1.1 (pre plus)

and

Do I need to uninstall the first version or will it automatically upgrade to 2.0?
It should run under 1.4.1.1. But as I mentioned in the first post of the thread, there will be a new branch to the codebase that will remain private and that will not be runnable on webOS 1.4.x. I cannot discuss any details as to why it won't be since developers are under an NDA.

But all public versions of the beta distributed in homebrew will be compatible with webOS 1.4.x.

It installs as a new app, so the old app will not be touched. However I would recommend deleting the old app since the new one is so much better!
__________________
Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
DanPLC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2010, 11:43 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
One_Deep's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,495
If people still waiting for the app to hit preware. I just downloaded it from the link in the first post using internalz and it worked gret!
One_Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2010, 11:45 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 874
Looking forward to start testing as soon as Preware has it.

I think I posted this in another advance notice thread, but it would be cool if 2.0 could play things that were on a virtual drive on the webOS device (ie zumodrive, box, etc).

Is that a barrier you can't cross yet?

Thanks for your continued development!
__________________
Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
jdod is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Tags
music player remix

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0