Page 19 of 88 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Dan, I've been running with your new Remix and it's just awesome. I've always used your previous version as my music player. One difference I had noticed was that the album art is no longer visible in the list view (compared to your previous version). Is that by design (I'm assuming for faster loading)? The album art does show up once I play the song but I was just curious?

This app is def one I'll be buying from the app catalog once it's complete. Outstanding work Dan!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  2.    #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by grandebob View Post
    I LOVE that you made the play track forward and back buttons big and moved them up from the bottom. Like a lot of people I use my Pre in the car, and trying to hit a tiny button on a bumpy road is not fun. This also helps with my next complaint about music players op the Pre.
    That was the idea. It seems like every music app on every mobile platform out there always has small music controls at the bottom of the screen. I wanted to do away with that and come up with something new. Why not use the large center part of the screen that is always dead space in other apps.

Keep elements of the UI that the user will interact with away from the bottom of the screen. It is supremely frustrating to be about to hit a button and have a notification move that button on you. You did a great thing by moving the play button up, but I saw some other things in your video that involved using buttons on the bottom of the screen.
    I can see where you're coming from in regards to notifications. However there is a limited amount of space on every screen, so I'm using both the top and bottom space on each screen for various functions.

I love the book mark feature. I listen to audio books exclusively on my Pre's music player. It was frustrating to lose my place in an 8 hour audio file. I will be running some books through the app this week and weekend. I will let you know how the experience is.
    If you haven't already, check out the "Advanced Bookmarking" video I uploaded (video playlist link is in my signature). I think audiobook listeners (and listeners of other spoken word files) are really going to appreciate some of the new bookmarking features. The one that I've been really using is the addition of the visual markers located near the scrubber bar. It's really cool to be able to save bookmarks at the favorite part of a song and when that song loads, see the marker and just hit the next button to skip right to that part.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Dan, I've been running with your new Remix and it's just awesome. I've always used your previous version as my music player. One difference I had noticed was that the album art is no longer visible in the list view (compared to your previous version). Is that by design (I'm assuming for faster loading)? The album art does show up once I play the song but I was just curious?
    Yes, removing the album art from the list view was by design. It was one of the contributing factors to slowdown when loading the list screens, as well as scrolling through the lists. This particular eye candy was just not worth the extra lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    This app is def one I'll be buying from the app catalog once it's complete. Outstanding work Dan!
    Thanks!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Great app all the way around I watched your 20 min video, very useful. Quick question, I seem to get album art sent into a photo folder but doesn't show up in the app while the music is playing. Is that a bug, design or am I missing something?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Let me know your experiences with the mini-player while using the other apps. And remember the 3 modules are configurable by you on the Preferences screen. But I think most people will want all 3 enabled. They really provide a full music player experience while using other apps.
    I am without words. Simply astonishing UI for the mini player. Fluid and very simple to use. Now I don't have to minimize my card while playing poker or interrupt anything I am doing in order to change to my desired next track.

I use all three enabled. This app will keep me away from buying any portable mp3 players. I salute you Dan.

I am in the mix with Music Player "Remix" 2.0
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 09/08/2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: correcting punctuations
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Small question:

Is it a limitation with the phone that music playback stops when I open the camera? Or is it to do with this app?

~* I can't believe it's not butter! *~
    better check your original thread buddy
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  8.    #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Great app all the way around I watched your 20 min video, very useful. Quick question, I seem to get album art sent into a photo folder but doesn't show up in the app while the music is playing. Is that a bug, design or am I missing something?
    Only album art embedded in the music file are guaranteed to show up in music apps. Search this thread for "album art" for more details on the subject.

9.    #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylor View Post
    Small question:

Is it a limitation with the phone that music playback stops when I open the camera? Or is it to do with this app?
    The built-in music app does the same thing. I imagine it's because the camera app records video as well, so it probably triggers the music apps to stop playback.

10.    #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I am without words. Simply astonishing UI for the mini player. Fluid and very simple to use. Now I don't have to minimize my card while playing poker or interrupt anything I am doing in order to change to my desired next track.

I use all three enabled. This app will keep me away from buying any portable mp3 players. I salute you Dan.
    That's the beauty of webOS. It's these type of unique features that HP/Palm should be focusing on when they hype up webOS 2.0 and their new devices (whenever they come out).

Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I am in the mix with Music Player "Remix" 2.0
    Maybe I should use that as the app's logo.

Maybe I should use that as the app's logo.
    +1

I would be honored by that if you did
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Love the new flylist creation features. It sure does make things easier. One thing I am noticing though is that some of my albums are showing up twice when I am browsing for music to add. I checked with Internalz and I don't see those albums showing up anywhere else on my Pre so I am not sure why this is happening.
    The built-in music app does the same thing. I imagine it's because the camera app records video as well, so it probably triggers the music apps to stop playback.
    Yes. The camera app has priority, and "Bogart's" the audio. It would be nice to be able to have it mix it with whatever is coming in over the mic.
    Prē
  14.    #374  
    Quote Originally Posted by icthusman1 View Post
    Love the new flylist creation features. It sure does make things easier. One thing I am noticing though is that some of my albums are showing up twice when I am browsing for music to add. I checked with Internalz and I don't see those albums showing up anywhere else on my Pre so I am not sure why this is happening.
    If the album is showing up twice, then it must be located on your device in two places. How did you transfer your music to your phone? Did you copy the files in "USB Mode" or sync them with an application?

Also can you check the built-in music app and see if it's listing the same album twice?

15.    #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by ego2001 View Post
    Yes. The camera app has priority, and "Bogart's" the audio. It would be nice to be able to have it mix it with whatever is coming in over the mic.
    That would be cool.

DanPLC,

I am having a problem with my music database, so this question is not really about your app (although I really want to fix my music database so that I can use your app!), but I thought you must be an expert on the inner workings of the WebOS music database.

Here is the problem. I have deleted a bunch of music from my Pre, but all of my music apps still think the music is on the device, including displaying the album art. I doubt the music still exists somewhere on my device, because if I try to play it, nothing plays. With Music (Remix), the selected song just sits there not playing, with a song length of -00:00. The stock Music app attempts to play the songs, but it appears that because the song file does not exist, and therefore the song length is zero, it immediately skips to the next song, and so on.

I have tried "Rescan" in Luna Manager as has been suggested in another thread, but that did not fix my music database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  17.    #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    DanPLC,

I am having a problem with my music database, so this question is not really about your app (although I really want to fix my music database so that I can use your app!), but I thought you must be an expert on the inner workings of the WebOS music database.

Here is the problem. I have deleted a bunch of music from my Pre, but all of my music apps still think the music is on the device, including displaying the album art. I doubt the music still exists somewhere on my device, because if I try to play it, nothing plays. With Music (Remix), the selected song just sits there not playing, with a song length of -00:00. The stock Music app attempts to play the songs, but it appears that because the song file does not exist, and therefore the song length is zero, it immediately skips to the next song, and so on.

I have tried "Rescan" in Luna Manager as has been suggested in another thread, but that did not fix my music database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    When you first copied the music files over, did you do it in "USB Mode" or did you sync it in "Media Sync" mode using an application?

When you deleted the files, did you do it in "USB Mode" or "Media Sync" mode?

How much space did the files take up? Did you verify that this space is now free on your device when you connect it to your computer?

Thanks for the point in the right direction for the music art dan...I got my work cut out, some 60 Gigs worth of tagging to do
  19.    #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Thanks for the point in the right direction for the music art dan...I got my work cut out, some 60 Gigs worth of tagging to do
    Wow I only have about 9GB of music. Well after you do it once, you'll be good to go.

When you first copied the music files over, did you do it in "USB Mode" or did you sync it in "Media Sync" mode using an application?
    I copied the music to the Pre using "USB Mode".

When you deleted the files, did you do it in "USB Mode" or "Media Sync" mode?
    Good question. I definitely didn't use "Media Sync" mode. I may have used "USB Mode", but now that I think about it, I may have use Internalz.

How much space did the files take up? Did you verify that this space is now free on your device when you connect it to your computer?
    I deleted about ten complete albums, about 150 Mb each, so a total of around 1.5 Gb, plus or minus. Yes, the space was freed on the device.