Page 18 of 88 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Maybe I've just missed it somehow, but is there currently a way to play just one song without any other songs queuing up behind it?

    Sometimes, I just want to play one single song without having to worry about another song playing right after. haha
    There are two ways to do this:

    1) Go to the "Songs" menu on the Home screen, find the song you want to play, then tap on it.

    2) Use univeral search. Start typing out the song name. When it comes up, tap on it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  2. #342  
    That's what I thought... both of those methods queue up the entire song listing in alphabetical order so if I want to add say 2 songs to play after that song I have to add them in reverse order than I want them to play... am I making any sense? (I fell like I'm confusing myself here, haha)

    I'll try an example... say we have song A, B and C and I want to listen to them in that order.

    First type name of song A in home screen, tap song, type name of song C, tap "+" choose Play after current, then type name of song B, tap "+" then choose play after current.

    Adding to "end of current playlist" adds to the full list of songs that queues up.

    I hope that clarifies what I'm asking. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  3.    #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    That's what I thought... both of those methods queue up the entire song listing in alphabetical order so if I want to add say 2 songs to play after that song I have to add them in reverse order than I want them to play... am I making any sense? (I fell like I'm confusing myself here, haha)

    I'll try an example... say we have song A, B and C and I want to listen to them in that order.

    First type name of song A in home screen, tap song, type name of song C, tap "+" choose Play after current, then type name of song B, tap "+" then choose play after current.

    Adding to "end of current playlist" adds to the full list of songs that queues up.

    I hope that clarifies what I'm asking. haha
    Sorry, you're right. It does load up all the songs on your device. For some reason I thought it only loaded the selected song.

    You're correct, after selecting the single song, you would add song C with the "+" icon popup, and then add song B, if you wanted the songs to play in A-B-C order.

    If you only want those 3 songs playing, then you could just add them to a flylist. I plan on having an option in the app's menu that will allow you to delete all items in a flylist, so you could have a flylist dedicated to this type of thing. Then just clear out the flylist and add any single songs you want to listen to.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  4. #344  
    Hello DanPLC,

    I take a look in the Music Player (Remix) 2.0 Beta ipk file and saw that you have not localized the text strings.

    Can you localize all the text strings by replacing the text strings as 'Help' by $L("Help") ?

    Localization
    Localization – Palm Developer Center

    To localize the html files, you can use the same method as Govnah :
    git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/govnah.git/commitdiff

    When localisation will be done, I will translate it in french when I will have spare time.

    Thanks.
  5. jumpedup's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #345  
    I think this is a great improvement on both the stock app and Remix v1.

    The one thing I find a bit jarring is the operation of the mini-player Music Controls option. It is great to be able to see the full title and artist scrolling as well as play and pause. However, all other webOS notification area 'widgets' I've used allow you to touch them and get directly into the app if you want [the stock music player and dr. podder will take you into the app if you touch the title - the email app takes you to the folder list if you touch the icon or the message if you touch the message] In this app the only selectable points in the mini-player controls either play/pause, fwd or rwd - you can't get into the app without going to card view and finding it.

    And if you could just get the app playing FLACs that would be great though I'm well aware who needs to switch that option on....
    Last edited by d70yv4; 09/08/2010 at 10:33 AM. Reason: sp
  6.    #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick56 View Post
    Hello DanPLC,

    I take a look in the Music Player (Remix) 2.0 Beta ipk file and saw that you have not localized the text strings.

    Can you localize all the text strings by replacing the text strings as 'Help' by $L("Help") ?

    Localization
    Localization €“ Palm Developer Center

    To localize the html files, you can use the same method as Govnah :
    git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/govnah.git/commitdiff

    When localisation will be done, I will translate it in french when I will have spare time.

    Thanks.
    Right now I don't have the time to do this. I have many other things I have to get done before the initial app catalog release.

    While I do value my international customers, I have to place priority over finishing the core areas of the app. Also based upon my sales figures of GeoStrings, I expect the vast majority of my userbase to be in the United States. My international sales figures of GeoStrings is quite low. And from what I've heard from other developers, I'm not alone. It may be different for Music Player (Remix); however this is all I have to go on right now.

    But when I get a chance to work on localization, I'll let you know.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  7. #347  
    Thanks! I was afraid I was missing some option. The Flylist solution should work for my usage.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  8.    #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by d70yv4 View Post
    I think this is a great improvement on both the stock app and Remix v1.

    The one thing I find a bit jarring is the operation of the mini-player Music Controls option. It is great to be able to see the full title and artist scrolling as well as play and pause. However, all other webOS notification area 'widgets' I've used allow you to touch them and get directly into the app if you want [the stock music player and dr. podder will take you into the app if you touch the title - the email app takes you to the folder list if you touch the icon or the message if you touch the message] In this app the only selectable points in the mini-player controls either play/pause, fwd or rwd - you can't get into the app without going to card view and finding it.
    I'm working on a way to do this. But it's tricky given the current finger-friendly design of the mini-player modules.

    Quote Originally Posted by d70yv4 View Post
    And if you could just get the app playing FLACs that would be great though I'm well aware who needs to switch that option on....
    The app can only play whatever formats are supported in webOS. I doubt we'll be seeing FLAC support...but you never know.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  9. #349  
    It is an awesome player! I love to hear music over this app. Makes much more fun than via ipod touch! Really great!
  10. #350  
    This is a great product! I'm also using it to listen to audiobooks and need controls to allow me to go back or forward in short increments - so I can repeat what the speaker just said if I didn't quite catch it. Dr Podder has these in 20 second and 1 minutes increments and it's a huge help with "What did he just say?!" moments. Ptunes on my old Palm had these as a skin I could add. I know you just did a ton of work but maybe for next time...
  11.    #351  
    Quote Originally Posted by thgibbons1 View Post
    This is a great product! I'm also using it to listen to audiobooks and need controls to allow me to go back or forward in short increments - so I can repeat what the speaker just said if I didn't quite catch it. Dr Podder has these in 20 second and 1 minutes increments and it's a huge help with "What did he just say?!" moments. Ptunes on my old Palm had these as a skin I could add. I know you just did a ton of work but maybe for next time...
    I'm working on this...it's definitely coming.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  12. #352  
    Bug?: doesnt really affect the function of the app in terms of usability but thought you should know.

    In preferences all the buttons work as they should, but if you go click on Now Playing and scroll up and you click on any of the other buttons the options doesnt return to the top.

    When i first found this i switched from Now Playing to Misc after setting up last.fm and didnt see anything, so didnt think anything was on the Misc screen yet, so i switched to another button and noticed it was scrolled up after scrolling down the options locked into place, then went back to Misc and there was an option there, so i recreated the scenario and went to Now Playing and then Misc and scroll down and again the options locked into place.

    Like i stated before doesnt affect usability of the app, but someone who was looking around like i was wouldnt have known there was option under Misc.
  13.    #353  
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    Bug?: doesnt really affect the function of the app in terms of usability but thought you should know.

    In preferences all the buttons work as they should, but if you go click on Now Playing and scroll up and you click on any of the other buttons the options doesnt return to the top.

    When i first found this i switched from Now Playing to Misc after setting up last.fm and didnt see anything, so didnt think anything was on the Misc screen yet, so i switched to another button and noticed it was scrolled up after scrolling down the options locked into place, then went back to Misc and there was an option there, so i recreated the scenario and went to Now Playing and then Misc and scroll down and again the options locked into place.

    Like i stated before doesnt affect usability of the app, but someone who was looking around like i was wouldnt have known there was option under Misc.
    Thanks for the heads up! Yes I would consider this a bug. It should definitely scroll back up to the top when switching between the option screens. I'll fix this in the next beta release.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  14. cmahy's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #354  
    DanPLC -- I just downloaded the Beta app and haven't been following this forum in detail -- so, I apologize in advance if I'm covering old ground. A few questions:

    1. Is it possible to migrate Flylists (and possibly also Bookmarks) from Music Player Remix 1.x?

    2. Do you have any gestures that would cover 'swipe to rewind 15 seconds/fast forward 15 seconds'?

    3. Aside from volume up/down, do you have any hardware button mappings? I use my Pre in-car often and find I need a way to easily (ie: by touch vs. by sight) pause/unpause songs on either a locked or unlocked Pre playing a song. Any suggestions?

    Thanks for all the hard work.
  15.    #355  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    1. Is it possible to migrate Flylists (and possibly also Bookmarks) from Music Player Remix 1.x?
    No there's no way to transfer over flylists and bookmarks because they've been completely re-designed in 2.0. In the old version of the app, you could only save songs into flylists. In the new version, you can save songs, albums, artists, genres, and playlists into a flylist. Also you can re-order items within a flylist, as well as re-order the flylists themselves.

    Bookmarks are also much more advanced in 2.0. They save not only the position within the track, but the position of the track within the list.

    However I'm going to try to come up with a way to transfer data from the beta version to the final app catalog version. I'm not going to make any guarantees; however I'll try my best.

    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    2. Do you have any gestures that would cover 'swipe to rewind 15 seconds/fast forward 15 seconds'?
    Swiping on the Now Playing screen is used for the new Playlist Preview mode, so that won't work. But I am coming up with a way to skip forward or backward preset amounts of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    3. Aside from volume up/down, do you have any hardware button mappings? I use my Pre in-car often and find I need a way to easily (ie: by touch vs. by sight) pause/unpause songs on either a locked or unlocked Pre playing a song. Any suggestions?
    Yes, there are hardware controls for pause/play (space bar), next song (period), previous song (@/0), and playlist preview mode controls (SYM to skip forward in preview mode, caps lock to skip backward in preview mode, Q to queue the currently previewed song to play next, and any other key to exit preview mode). Currently, the hardware controls are only enabled on the Home screen and Now Playing screen; however they will be incorporated on the screens in a future beta release.

    The hardware keyboard controls are demonstrated in the videos I posted on my HedamiSoft youtube channel (video playlist link is in my signature). I'd suggest checking the videos out to learn about all the new features.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  16. jt99's Avatar
    Posts
    166 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #356  
    I love it and it looks great, but as long as "faves" play in alphabetical order, the feature is useless. I really want a way to play albums chronologically and have artists jump to a list of their albums.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

    View My Mockup!
  17.    #357  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanLipson View Post
    I love it and it looks great, but as long as "faves" play in alphabetical order, the feature is useless. I really want a way to play albums chronologically and have artists jump to a list of their albums.
    This is a known bug/issue and is already fixed in my latest development build. The next public beta build will have this fix.

    This is listed in the "Known Issues" section of the first post of this thread. Before posting bugs or issues, please check the first post to see if the bug/issue you're experiencing is already documented.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  18. #358  
    Is there a way to get to a song's album playlist from the Now Playing menu (with a compilation album)?

    From what I can see, with compilation albums* you can't get to the song's album playlist from the Now Playing menu because of the different artist names.

    This was also a problem in the original Music (Remix), so it's not a new problem. Though I wonder if this is even "fixable" due to the fact that it's a compilation album.

    *=albums that have different artists per track
  19.    #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzader View Post
    Is there a way to get to a song's album playlist from the Now Playing menu (with a compilation album)?

    From what I can see, with compilation albums* you can't get to the song's album playlist from the Now Playing menu because of the different artist names.

    This was also a problem in the original Music (Remix), so it's not a new problem. Though I wonder if this is even "fixable" due to the fact that it's a compilation album.

    *=albums that have different artists per track
    Yeah this one would be tough because it searches for both artist and album when running a query on an album. The reason is that two artists may have the same album name and you wouldn't want to list songs from two different albums.

    I know MP3 tags can be set up with both an "Album Artist" and an "Artist". So theoretically you could set the "Album Artist" to "Various Artists" and a music app could use this data for its album query. However I'm not sure which tag the webOS media indexer is using. My hunch would be it's using the normal "Artist" field.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  20. #360  
    I haven't had much time to play with it, but here is some feed back:

    I LOVE that you made the play track forward and back buttons big and moved them up from the bottom. Like a lot of people I use my Pre in the car, and trying to hit a tiny button on a bumpy road is not fun. This also helps with my next complaint about music players op the Pre.

    Keep elements of the UI that the user will interact with away from the bottom of the screen. It is supremely frustrating to be about to hit a button and have a notification move that button on you. You did a great thing by moving the play button up, but I saw some other things in your video that involved using buttons on the bottom of the screen.

    I love the book mark feature. I listen to audio books exclusively on my Pre's music player. It was frustrating to lose my place in an 8 hour audio file. I will be running some books through the app this week and weekend. I will let you know how the experience is.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions