Page 17 of 88 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I really miss the PocketTunes feature where I could skip 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 5 mins.
    I have a few ideas stirring around for this type of feature.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    It would be nice for skipping past commercials.
    Can't wait to test this beauty out. I like to listen to music while I play Card Ace Hold Em and/or browse the web/forums
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Dan, thank you so much for all that you have done. I've been with you since music player remix (1) was a wee little lad and you sir should be proud of where you've taken it. Continue the AMAZING work!
    Say thanks when you're helped
    very well made music app. I'm impressed. And to think, this is just a beta. I look forward to the full release in the app catalog. Good work.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
  6.    #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Can't wait to test this beauty out. I like to listen to music while I play Card Ace Hold Em and/or browse the web/forums
    Let me know your experiences with the mini-player while using the other apps. And remember the 3 modules are configurable by you on the Preferences screen. But I think most people will want all 3 enabled. They really provide a full music player experience while using other apps.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

7.    #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgordonfan View Post
    Dan, thank you so much for all that you have done. I've been with you since music player remix (1) was a wee little lad and you sir should be proud of where you've taken it. Continue the AMAZING work!
    Thanks a lot for sticking around since the beginning!

Wow, this is a great step.
    I've been using Remix 1 for listening to my music in my car all the time. But I feared development has stopped because nothing happened for a long time.
    Now I know why

Very nice GUI, great handling and full of cool and surprising features.
    Thanks a lot for this great app, Dan.
  9.    #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasarion View Post
    Wow, this is a great step.
    I've been using Remix 1 for listening to my music in my car all the time. But I feared development has stopped because nothing happened for a long time.
    Now I know why

Very nice GUI, great handling and full of cool and surprising features.
    Thanks a lot for this great app, Dan.
    I did halt development of the app back in October '09 so I could focus on developing GeoStrings. At that time, it seemed unlikely that the media indexing API (required for admission into the app catalog) would be released anytime soon.

But about 2 months ago Palm finally announced its plans to make the API available sometime "in the fall". So I started developing it again. I had tons of ideas written down and now over the past 2 months, I've implemented many of those ideas.

So I always intended to get back into Music Player (Remix) and now I'm glad my vision for the app could finally materialize. But it doesn't stop here...I've got more tricks up my sleeve.

i been wondering how come sometimes when i get a text or email while listening to music sometimes the new msg shows up on top of the mini-player and is virtually unreadable on the screen lock view but other times it6s on the bottom of the mini-player.
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  11.    #331  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    i been wondering how come sometimes when i get a text or email while listening to music sometimes the new msg shows up on top of the mini-player and is virtually unreadable on the screen lock view but other times it6s on the bottom of the mini-player.
    It all depends on the order of when each dashboard notification is processed by the system. Only 3 notifications will show up on the lock screen which is why your email notification is not visible if it appears at the top.

If this is a concern of yours, you can choose to disable one of the mini-player modules on the Preferences screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    While the app will have the interactive help system ("?" at the top-right corner of every screen), I've found through my experiences with GeoStrings that not everyone bothers to use the interactive help system.
    First I have to say GREAT App! Love the fave feature I am curious seeing what you said. Since not many use that interactive help system, while very cool, is it possible to move that to the menu system and replace the help icon with a listening to feature? Or I guess some call it sharing, letting people know through twitter/facebook what your listening to. Hmm, there was something else I was going to suggest but I lost it Oh well, can't be that importa..oh wait no. I was going to say thanks again for this great app. This helped stopped me from using the ipod as my main music device since I just love the UI and made me downgrade itunes to get media sync to work with the Pre (now just wish Palm gave me more GB's >.<) Thanks again for this app
  13.    #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    First I have to say GREAT App! Love the fave feature I am curious seeing what you said. Since not many use that interactive help system, while very cool, is it possible to move that to the menu system and replace the help icon with a listening to feature? Or I guess some call it sharing, letting people know through twitter/facebook what your listening to. Hmm, there was something else I was going to suggest but I lost it Oh well, can't be that importa..oh wait no.
    No, I want the interactive help system icon resident on all the screens in all my apps. While some people do not use it, others do and have appreciated it in GeoStrings. Having it on the screen (vs. hidden in the app menu) increases the odds of people using it. And I'm not aware of any other app that has a similar on-screen help system (except my other apps). When utilized, it really is a great tool to learn about all the intricacies of the app.

If you don't have GeoStrings, go download the free trial version and try out the interactive help system and let me know what you think of it.

While I think twitter/facebook sharing is a feature that some die hard Twitter/Facebook users might be interested in, I want to focus on the user experience within the app. I'm incorporating features that really improve the day-to-day music listening experience. If you want your music app to tweet, you're looking in the wrong place. But if you want the best music listening experience possible, you've come to the right place.

And anyway, why should my app post the songs to Twitter and Facebook when there are web services out there that do it for you? A quick Google search brought up a service called Tweekly.fm that automatically tweets your most listened songs from Last.FM. I'm sure there are probably other similar Last.FM web services for Twitter and Facebook. With Music Player (Remix)'s Last.FM scrobbling, this would be a great way for people to share their current music listening trends with their followers without having to manually tweet/post from the app.

Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I was going to say thanks again for this great app. This helped stopped me from using the ipod as my main music device since I just love the UI and made me downgrade itunes to get media sync to work with the Pre (now just wish Palm gave me more GB's >.<) Thanks again for this app
    This is probably the best type of compliment I can receive. I want people to be able to replace their portable music devices with Music Player (Remix). And hopefully Palm is cooking up some great new hardware with expandable storage. I would love to be able to carry around my whole music collection and not have to worry about running out of space on my device for apps, pictures, etc.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 09/08/2010 at 09:06 AM. Reason: grammar error

two small ideas i just thought of that would be very cool would be

1. An equalizer.

2. A way to connect to my zumodrive and play music streamed from my CPU.

To be honest i didn't get to try the app yet because i'm in class but i just thought of these two ideas. (For all i know they could already be implemented).

I really want an equalizer and a volume increase setting. I have an awesome pair of monitor headphones but when using my pre (First release of Music player remix) i find that my music is sometimes flat or too quiet to hear comfortably. When i use my ipod i can set the equalizer and the volume goes up much higher.

thanks again for your awesome work!
    Great work DanPLC. Downloaded this early this morning. One of the best efforts in any webOS application to date.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  16.    #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    two small ideas i just thought of that would be very cool would be

1. An equalizer.

2. A way to connect to my zumodrive and play music streamed from my CPU.
    An equalizer isn't currently possible in the SDK. It may be possible in the PDK; however I don't have immediate plans to move to PDK audio. I have too many other things to work on right now.

I want to investigate streaming music options such as ZumoDrive. If it worked well, I think it would be really cool to access both local and remote content directly from the app.

17.    #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Great work DanPLC. Downloaded this early this morning. One of the best efforts in any webOS application to date.
    Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    An equalizer isn't currently possible in the SDK. It may be possible in the PDK; however I don't have immediate plans to move to PDK audio. I have too many other things to work on right now.

I want to investigate streaming music options such as ZumoDrive. If it worked well, I think it would be really cool to access both local and remote content directly from the app.
    I would like to say that the volume seems much better in this version. it is very nice, and also, my music sounds good. thanks for your great work. I love the que feature in the mini player.
  19.    #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    I would like to say that the volume seems much better in this version. it is very nice, and also, my music sounds good. thanks for your great work. I love the que feature in the mini player.
    I'm not aware of anything I changed that would affect volume, but hey if you're happy, I'm happy!

Yeah being able to browse your music and queue up a song to play next was something I've been dreaming about for awhile. I'm someone who usually listens to his music shuffled, so it's fun to browse forward and see if I can find something I'd like to listen to.

Maybe I've just missed it somehow, but is there currently a way to play just one song without any other songs queuing up behind it?

Sometimes, I just want to play one single song without having to worry about another song playing right after. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz