Page 16 of 88 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    First off, Iím loving Music Player (Remix) 2.0. I do have a few questions:

1. In regards to the sleep function. Iíve tried it a few times and when the timer ends, the app closes; not sure if this is intentional but could it just pause the file and leave the app open?

2. Also in regards to the sleep function, could there be an option to leave it enabled? For example, if the timer was set for 15 minutes, the file would stop playing after 15 minutes; if you were to press play again it would stop playing after another 15 minutes. (hopefully this makes sense)

3. I mostly listen to audio books which are mp3 format and often each file is an hour long. On occasion I will accidently skip to the next (or previous) file. When I go back, it will be at the beginning of the file. Could there be an option to remember playback position (possibly an auto bookmark), maybe just based on the genre of the file?

Thanks again, I know Iím not the only one who appreciates all your hard work.
    E
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm not sure where I would put this. But even if there was a place, what benefit would this provide someone viewing the Now Playing screen?
    I was thinking about that bc I keep accidently adding the same songs to the flylists. So I have multiple duplicates of the same songs on the same list.
    Or maybe you can incorporate a feature that alerts you that song is already added to that flylist and ask for a confirm? Just a though..
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I'm not sure where I would put this. But even if there was a place, what benefit would this provide someone viewing the Now Playing screen?
    Can you change the color of the "+" on the icon to a different color if the song is on a flylist?

I think it would be nice to see this as a quick "Flylist" check in the current list of music to see if I missed adding any songs that I intended to add.
    Last edited by neo999; 09/07/2010 at 02:22 PM.
  4.    #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by econn View Post
    In regards to the sleep function. Iíve tried it a few times and when the timer ends, the app closes; not sure if this is intentional but could it just pause the file and leave the app open?
    Yes this is intentional. When people had asked me about sleep timers in the past, this is the behavior they wanted.

Also in regards to the sleep function, could there be an option to leave it enabled? For example, if the timer was set for 15 minutes, the file would stop playing after 15 minutes; if you were to press play again it would stop playing after another 15 minutes. (hopefully this makes sense)
    Why would someone use this option?

I mostly listen to audio books which are mp3 format and often each file is an hour long. On occasion I will accidently skip to the next (or previous) file. When I go back, it will be at the beginning of the file. Could there be an option to remember playback position (possibly an auto bookmark), maybe just based on the genre of the file?
    I'm concerned about the storage necessary to store auto-bookmarks for every file (even if it was in a particular genre).

However I can investigate whether it would be possible to simply store the last position of the previously played file.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  5.    #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsonspre View Post
    I was thinking about that bc I keep accidently adding the same songs to the flylists. So I have multiple duplicates of the same songs on the same list.
    Or maybe you can incorporate a feature that alerts you that song is already added to that flylist and ask for a confirm? Just a though..
    The app doesn't allow you to enter duplicate songs into the same flylist. The only way you can do that is if you added a song to a flylist, then added the song's album, artist, or genre to the same list.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by neo999 View Post
    Can you use change the color of the "+" on the icon to a different color if the song is on a flylist?

I think it would be nice to see this as a quick "Flylist" check in the current list of music to see if I missed adding any songs that I intended to add.
    Remember songs can belong to multiple flylists. So this wouldn't be a good indicator that you didn't already add the song to a particular flylist. And like I mentioned in my previous post, the app will not allow you to add the same song (or album, artist, genre, playlist) to a flylist if that item already exists in the flylist.

Quote Originally Posted by neo999 View Post
    Can you use change the color of the "+" on the icon to a different color if the song is on a flylist?

I agree! Its just good quick info!

The app doesn't allow you to enter duplicate songs into the same flylist. The only way you can do that is if you added a song to a flylist, then added the song's album, artist, or genre to the same list.

I tested that out before I posted my question, and it allows duplicates. IDK if its maybe a bug. I just retested and It continually allows me to add the same song? If you would like a screen shot let me know!
    Thanks!

It is allowing me to add the duplicates straight from the "Now playing" screen. If I add it to my flylist then do it again it will add. I attempted 5x's in a row then went to my fly list and its there 5 times...
  8.    #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsonspre View Post
    I tested that out before I posted my question, and it allows duplicates. IDK if its maybe a bug. I just retested and It continually allows me to add the same song? If you would like a screen shot let me know!
    Thanks!
    Yeah you're right. The first beta version (1.99.0) displayed an error popup when you tried to add duplicate items. I removed this in the current version (1.99.5); however the intention was that I'd remove the error; however behind the scenes it would simply leave the existing item in the flylist without adding a duplicate.

I'll fix this bug in the next beta version.

Love to have a shuffle all in album order like the iPod has. It nice to listen to an entire album & then randomly get another album 2 listen 2.
    Yes this is intentional. When people had asked me about sleep timers in the past, this is the behavior they wanted.

Why would someone use this option?
    For example: when setting the timer when going to sleep and you donít actually fall asleep. This would allow the user to be able to continue listening and have the timer be active again. (hopefully falling asleep this time )

I'm concerned about the storage necessary to store auto-bookmarks for every file (even if it was in a particular genre).

However I can investigate whether it would be possible to simply store the last position of the previously played file.
    That makes sense.
  11.    #311  
    For example: when setting the timer when going to sleep and you donít actually fall asleep. This would allow the user to be able to continue listening and have the timer be active again. (hopefully falling asleep this time ).
    I'm not sure how many people would need this option. Couldn't the person just launch the app again, start the timer, then tap 'Resume Play'? I just don't want to spend time working on an intricate sleep timer option that many people won't use when it's not that difficult to restart the timer manually.

12.    #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by blissfulmorn View Post
    Love to have a shuffle all in album order like the iPod has. It nice to listen to an entire album & then randomly get another album 2 listen 2.
    A day or two ago somebody in this thread asked why there were shuffle icons at the bottom of every screen. I had answered that there was a specific reason I did this, but didn't provide any details.

Well the answer is to implement the feature you're requesting. The original intention of the shuffle icon on the "All Albums" screen was to do exactly what you're asking for. It would shuffle all the albums and play them one by one in random order.

I implemented this feature and it worked; however it was painfully slow. The reason being is that you are very limited in the way you can query the media indexing library. So I had to workaround this by generating a random list of albums, then querying the media indexer for every single album. If you have hundreds of albums like I do, it takes forever to complete this operation.

If we're provided a better way to query data from the media indexer, then I'll definitely add this feature.

I'm not sure how many people would need this option. Couldn't the person just launch the app again, start the timer, then tap 'Resume Play'? I just don't want to spend time working on an intricate sleep timer option that many people won't use when it's not that difficult to restart the timer manually.

I've played around with it some more, and enabling the auto-resume when loading app helps. Would it be possible to add the sleep timer to the now playing screen?
  14.    #314  
    I've played around with it some more, and enabling the auto-resume when loading app helps. Would it be possible to add the sleep timer to the now playing screen?
    No there's no room for it. But from any screen, you can quickly get back to the home screen by swiping from right to left on the top bar of the screen. Also on the Now Playing screen there is a 'Home' icon that brings you back to the home screen.

Because of the space constraints on the Now Playing screen, I decided to place the sleep timer and other app-scope options (force screen on and screen orientation lock) on the Home screen. And because they affect the app as a whole, it seems appropriate to place them there.

It does make sense, thanks again, and keep up the good work.
    No there's no room for it. But from any screen, you can quickly get back to the home screen by swiping from right to left on the top bar of the screen. Also on the Now Playing screen there is a 'Home' icon that brings you back to the home screen.

Because of the space constraints on the Now Playing screen, I decided to place the sleep timer and other app-scope options (force screen on and screen orientation lock) on the Home screen. And because they affect the app as a whole, it seems appropriate to place them there.
    That makes sense. Thanks for all your hard work, keep it up.
    E
    Just two other little features I'd like to see, (if you haven't already implemented them).

For your favorites, could you make it so that when click on them they don't start playing immediately, or that if you want them to shuffle they do so automatically. Everytime I start my favorites list, I want to hear a new song first, but it always plays the first one on the list because I have to manually hit the shuffle button and that doesn't shuffle the song that's playing.
  18.    #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Just two other little features I'd like to see, (if you haven't already implemented them).

For your favorites, could you make it so that when click on them they don't start playing immediately, or that if you want them to shuffle they do so automatically. Everytime I start my favorites list, I want to hear a new song first, but it always plays the first one on the list because I have to manually hit the shuffle button and that doesn't shuffle the song that's playing.
    Are you running the latest version (1.99.5)? If so, you can tap the shuffle icon at the bottom-left corner of the Home screen to load the Faves in a shuffled order. All the songs, including the first song, will play in random order.

Haven't tried that yet, I'll see how it works out.
    I really miss the PocketTunes feature where I could skip 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 5 mins.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)