Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    i miss being able to tap on the miniplayer and it would reopen the app from the native and remix 1.0 versions. other than that 2.0 is leaps and bounds above its predecessors
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  2.    #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    first off - remix 1 was awesome...second off - remix 2 is a whole new level of awesome!
    Thanks!

1) what is the second icon from the left - looks like a lock...
    It locks screen orientation in either portrait or landscape mode. Check out the first video I posted (see link in signature) for a demonstration.

2) is there any way to keep dashboard mode running when you throw the main card away? brightness unlinked for example does this - if you throw the main card away it runs in dashboard until you dismiss the dashboard...the quick tasks app does the same thing...was wondering if you could do that with this app...
    I'm investigating this option actually.

3) you have a sleep timer...what are your thoughts on having an alarm/wake up function?
    I never thought of that. I figured there were already other alarm clock apps available, including the one built into webOS. And that one allows you to specify any music file or ringtone. How would you envision an alarm function working within Music Player (Remix) and what would be the advantage of using it vs. the built-in alarm app?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    i miss being able to tap on the miniplayer and it would reopen the app from the native and remix 1.0 versions. other than that 2.0 is leaps and bounds above its predecessors
    I'm working on that; however I haven't come up with a way to do that yet.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

yeah i c how that could be tough the mini-player is already not so mini anymore as it is,
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I never thought of that. I figured there were already other alarm clock apps available, including the one built into webOS. And that one allows you to specify any music file or ringtone. How would you envision an alarm function working within Music Player (Remix) and what would be the advantage of using it vs. the built-in alarm app?
    well i was thinking of just having this as a unified app that wakes me up to a playlist/flylist...i just like the idea of having to only set one alarm one app instead of multiple apps...then when i wake up i wake up to tunes and can just keep my music player open and playing while i get up and get ready for the day...this app just makes my phone a single device that i can rely on for everything and having an alarm function would just move it to completeness...just a thought and suggestion! and again thanks for the awesomeness that is music remix 2.0...i only wish i wasnt a struggling student so that i could donate to keep you developing!

edit: and i hope that you find a way to keep the running background/dashboard player!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    well i was thinking of just having this as a unified app that wakes me up to a playlist/flylist...i just like the idea of having to only set one alarm one app instead of multiple apps...then when i wake up i wake up to tunes and can just keep my music player open and playing while i get up and get ready for the day...this app just makes my phone a single device that i can rely on for everything and having an alarm function would just move it to completeness...just a thought and suggestion! and again thanks for the awesomeness that is music remix 2.0...i only wish i wasnt a struggling student so that i could donate to keep you developing!

edit: and i hope that you find a way to keep the running background/dashboard player!
    Check out Mode Switcher(http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...tcher-1-x.html), you can set a Time trigger to launch Remix for your wake up.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Is it possible to have a 'folder' filter for the songs? just like ptunes in palmos.

you can add A folder to the playlist.

Because I have many songs and learning materials in ram, it is very hard for me to separate them.
  8.    #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Check out Mode Switcher([url] you can set a Time trigger to launch Remix for your wake up.
    It can launch the app, but there would be no way to start playing music because I don't currently have any launch parameter support. But it will in the future when I add "Just Type" support (in webOS 2.0).

The only thing that would work now is setting the "auto resume" option on the Preferences screen. That way when you launch the app in MS the music would play right away.

I'll think about the possibility of an alarm wakeup function.
    I'll think about the possibility of an alarm wakeup function.
    responsive dev is responsive!
  10.    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by jiuzhege View Post
    Is it possible to have a 'folder' filter for the songs? just like ptunes in palmos.

you can add A folder to the playlist.

Because I have many songs and learning materials in ram, it is very hard for me to separate them.
    That would require being able to browse music by folder which is not currently feasible with the SDK. It may be in the future, but right now I'm going to focus on other features.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Since this player doesn't really resemble the original player. Have you considered renaming it. It seems to stand alone as one of the top 3 or 4 apps on Webos. It seems to me to continue to call it remix gives too much credit to the original app. Of course maybe the original app deserves the credit I have no way of knowing. Just a thought from a fan.
  12.    #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by pawdog View Post
    Since this player doesn't really resemble the original player. Have you considered renaming it. It seems to stand alone as one of the top 3 or 4 apps on Webos. It seems to me to continue to call it remix gives too much credit to the original app. Of course maybe the original app deserves the credit I have no way of knowing. Just a thought from a fan.
    No, I always was partial to the name "Music Player (Remix)". A "remix" is a way producers take a song and totally change it up. That's the mindset behind the app.

Anyway, the app's roots will always be the original homebrew version. Many of the concepts and ideas within the new app stems from my experiences developing the original app.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I guess I didn't realize you developed the original app. If you are remixing your own stuff then it totally makes sense.
    Being someone who strictly listens to music, I didn't even know there was album art that was not square in shape. That's really interesting.

So yes, the screen was designed to have the area around the album art be a few pixels larger than the album art itself so some of the wallpaper will shine through. You'll notice this is a recurring theme throughout the various screens in the app.

But yeah in the case of non-square album art, you'll have more wallpaper shining through. I think your example looks pretty good actually.
    You could do the same thing with the default album art that's a CD in a black square - make the black part transparent to see a CD on top of the background.

That's not a bad idea. I'll play around with image a little and see if I can create a decent glow effect.
    I suppose you could also use the circle with a line through it symbol as an option for those who need something more obvious.
    I haven't read through the thread yet, but so far I am loving the new app! Thanks!
    No, I always was partial to the name "Music Player (Remix)". A "remix" is a way producers take a song and totally change it up. That's the mindset behind the app.
    Have you thought about just going with "Remix"? We kind of call it that informally, but dropping the "Music Player" from the app name would would underscore how far removed it is from the original Music Player.

I like the title either way; Music Player (Remix) totally fit for the first version.
    I gotta go with zParticle on the name issue. It's good any way you slice it, but I think "Remix" does the job nicely. It keeps a tie to it's roots, it still sounds like a music app, and it's just a lot catchier.

As far as the precentral crowd goes, it doesn't really matter what you call it. We know what it is, we know it rocks, we know the importance of a responsive developer, and we know you are one. We're going to keep using it unless you do something shocking and stupid.

However, when/if this ever ends up in the palm catalog, you want something catchy.

Just my $0.02
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    OK... found something not working quite right.

Symptoms:
    A faved Genre loads all tracks for the selected genre alphabetically but then adds all other tracks from all other genres alphabetically after them.

To replicate:
    1. Add a genre (preferably one with only a few tracks) to your faves list.
    2. Go to home screen and tap on the newly faved genre. Playback should start and then take you to the now playing scene.
    3. Tap the playlist button (second from the right at the top of the scene) to view the currently playing tracks.
    4. Scroll down the list until you come to the last track of the genre and you should see all other tracks added in alphabetically after it.

This leads me to another small usability suggestion. When I'm browsing through my music and I tap on the "+" icon for something, I'd like / expect to see a "play now" or "play all" option in the popup menu in addition to the "play after current" and "add at end" options. It took me a wee while to twig that tapping through to the eventual track list and tapping one of the tracks would actually queue up all the displayed tracks. This would have the added benefit of allowing you to queue up all albums for an artist with more than one album on your device.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    The only thing that would work now is setting the "auto resume" option on the Preferences screen. That way when you launch the app in MS the music would play right away.
    That is what I would do, I did not state to use auto resume, since it was discussed a few posts earlier.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  20.    #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Have you thought about just going with "Remix"? We kind of call it that informally, but dropping the "Music Player" from the app name would would underscore how far removed it is from the original Music Player.

I like the title either way; Music Player (Remix) totally fit for the first version.
    I considered it; however when it gets submitted into the app catalog and people are not familiar with this app, they may just skip right by it not knowing what "Remix" is. I think the current name makes it abundantly clear that it's a music app.

Also for people who are familiar with the homebrew version, it'll instantly catch their eye when they see it in the app catalog.