Page 12 of 88 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    You can get any users top 50 artists in XML (with no license at all) by using: "http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/1.0/user/" + userName + "/topartists.xml"
    I'm sticking with version 2.0 of the API. I'm pretty sure all of the API calls require the API key. Even if authentication wasn't required on certain calls, I'm pretty sure I'm only allowed to use scrobbling with my commercial license unless I want to pay them for use of their API. That's the impression I got with my emails with the Last.FM representative.

My personal favourite I'd like to see is to be able to "love" a currently playing song to my last.fm account using the track.love call. From the looks of things this ties in with a scrobbling call as well.
    I'm using version 2.0 of the scrobbling API which does not have the ability to define a rating.

The hard part would be matching Last.fm results to physical tracks on a device - it'd need to all be tagged correctly for starters.
    Yes this would be a major obstacle that would have to be overcome, even if I had full access to the API. Since people would most likely be scrobbling from their computers, it's very possible that many of the songs Last.FM returned in a getTop* call would not be on the device.

Now, another request... I think I requested this in the older preview thread but I'll add it here: when I connect my bluetooth headset, launch Remix 2 and hit the play button on the headset I'd really like that to be treated as if I'd tapped the "resume play" button in the app itself. Once Remix is playing the bluetooth controls work a treat
    Yep, I have this on my list of things to do. But in case you didn't know, there's an option to automatically resume the auto-bookmark as soon as the app loads. You can set this option on the Preferences screen. So if you're going to be using the "Resume Play" option everytime you load the app, you may want to toggle this option.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm sticking with version 2.0 of the API. I'm pretty sure all of the API calls require the API key. Even if authentication wasn't required on certain calls, I'm pretty sure I'm only allowed to use scrobbling with my commercial license unless I want to pay them for use of their API. That's the impression I got with my emails with the Last.FM representative.

I'm using version 2.0 of the scrobblingAPI which does not have the ability to define a rating.
    Ah, I didn't realise the scobbling 2.0 API was an entity unto itself. It's a shame they've not included rating tracks as loving tracks is something I do a lot of through the web site... which is a PITA some times as it's a tad slow.

Yes this would be a major obstacle that would have to be overcome, even if I had full access to the API. Since people would most likely be scrobbling from their computers, it's very possible that many of the songs Last.FM returned in a getTop* call would not be on the device.
    Yeah, it'd be another PITA. I'm guessing Remix 2 will handle the exact same playlists the default player does? I may have a bash at generating playlists from my own last.fm profile and see how that goes.

Yep, I have this on my list of things to do. But in case you didn't know, there's an option to automatically resume the auto-bookmark as soon as the app loads. You can set this option on the Preferences screen. So if you're going to be using the "Resume Play" option everytime you load the app, you may want to toggle this option.
    Yeah, I'd seen that but I'm not wanting to have playback start automatically every time. I use Mode Switcher to launch Remix and set up my phone for bluetooth playback. Having playback start automatically would mean it playing through the speaker until the bluetooth had connected... which wouldn't be so good for anyone else in the vicinity
  3.    #223  
    Yeah, it'd be another PITA. I'm guessing Remix 2 will handle the exact same playlists the default player does? I may have a bash at generating playlists from my own last.fm profile and see how that goes.
    The items listed on the "Playlists" screen should be identical to the ones listed in the built-in music app.

Yeah, I'd seen that but I'm not wanting to have playback start automatically every time. I use Mode Switcher to launch Remix and set up my phone for bluetooth playback. Having playback start automatically would mean it playing through the speaker until the bluetooth had connected... which wouldn't be so good for anyone else in the vicinity
    That's a good point!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

4.    #224  
    Version 1.99.5 has been released

The new version of the app should be available here: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...-remix-20-beta

It should also update in the "PreCentral" feed in Preware soon.

New features and bug fixes implemented in this beta release:

- Add option to Preferences screen to specify the default repeat mode.

- Add a scroller to the Preferences screen which should allow Pixi users to access all available options.

- Add shuffle and resume auto-bookmark options on the Home screen for the Faves list.

- Bug Fix: Fix the scrolling of the alphabet scrollers so the letters don’t fly off the screen the first time the user scrolls to the bottom of the list.

- Bug Fix: Fix various issues with the “Clear Faves List” option on the home screen app menu.

- Bug Fix: When resuming a manual or auto bookmark, do not start playing the song until after the saved time has been restored. This will prevent the song from playing at 00:00 for a brief moment before it resumes at the saved time.

- Do not display an error popup if an item is added to a flylist or faves list that already exists in that list.

- Bug Fix: If you resume an auto-bookmark of a flylist or faves list, and you had previously started playing it on item #2 or greater, when you resume, the items before the one that was initially selected will appear twice in the resumed list.

- As soon as the app knows it’s being shut down, stop playback of the music. This is meant to reduce the amount of time the music plays after the main card is thrown off the screen; however the main culprit in this time delay is the mini-player shutting down. So most likely this update will not decrease this delay time too much.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Great App. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I also use Mode Switcher to launch Remix, however, I use a Bluetooth trigger set to when connected to my headphones. In fact I use Bluetooth triggers for most of my modes since I uses Bluetooth in both of our cars and a use a XLink Bluetooth Gateway (XLINK Communication Hubs and Bluetooth Cellular Gateway | Make or take cellular calls from any phone in the house.) at home.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    danplc I have tested the save restore script I made for Music Remix 2.0 I successfully restored wallpaper and flylist. I am posting it in the save restore thread as well as here. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  8.    #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    danplc I have tested the save restore script I made for Music Remix 2.0 I successfully restored wallpaper and flylist. I am posting it in the save restore thread as well as here. Thanks!
    Thanks a lot! Have you tested some of the other things stored in the app such as manual bookmarks, automatic bookmarks, the other configuration options (which have updated in the latest 1.99.5 beta build), and the home screen music library menu item order?

I haven't but this script was based off the 1.99.5 beta. I did test the mini player configuration by disabling preview and scrobbler and when I deleted and reinstalled it restored it back to that setting. I have to go find the other ones you mentioned.
  10.    #230  
    I haven't but this script was based off of the 1.99.5 beta. I did test the mini player configuration by disabling preview and scrobbler and when I deleted and reinstalled it restored it back to that setting. I have to go find the other ones you mentioned.
    Very cool...thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I also use Mode Switcher to launch Remix, however, I use a Bluetooth trigger set to when connected to my headphones. In fact I use Bluetooth triggers for most of my modes since I uses Bluetooth in both of our cars and a use a XLink Bluetooth Gateway (XLINK Communication Hubs and Bluetooth Cellular Gateway | Make or take cellular calls from any phone in the house.) at home.
    That's great to hear... I wrote the original bluetooth profile trigger for MS I'll stick to what I have at the moment in a bid to keep it simple though.
    Just tested manual bookmarks, resume playback on start of app, rearrangement of home screen items. It resumed playback at the bookmark I set when app started. All bookmarks were back. The menu items on home screen were rearranged to my specifications. It also restored my Last FM scrobbling information. I didn't find how to do an auto bookmark but it appears all aspects of app are restored successfully.
  13.    #233  
    Just tested manual bookmarks, resume playback on start of app, rearrangement of home screen items. It resumed playback at the bookmark I set when app started. All bookmarks were back. The menu items on home screen were rearranged to my specifications. It also restored my Last FM scrobbling information. I didn't find how to do an auto bookmark but it appears all aspects of app are restored successfully.
    Sweet!

Auto bookmarks are saved under 2 conditions:

- When you exit the app, it'll remember which song you were playing, the position within the song, and which type of list you were listening to, in addition to the position of the song within that list. You can then resume where you left off by tapping "Resume Play" at the top of the Home screen (or it'll resume automatically when you load the app if you set it to do so on the Preferences screen).

- When you leave a playlist, flylist, or the faves list, it'll remember the song you were playing, the position within the song, and the position of that song within that list. You can restore the saved position within any playlist, flylist, or the faves list by tapping the bookmark icon at the bottom of the screen when viewing the items of that list.

Sweet!

Auto bookmarks are saved under 2 conditions:

- When you exit the app, it'll remember which song you were playing, the position within the song, and which type of list you were listening to, in addition to the position of the song within that list. You can then resume where you left off by tapping "Resume Play" at the top of the Home screen (or it'll resume automatically when you load the app if you set it to do so on the Preferences screen).

- When you leave a playlist, flylist, or the faves list, it'll remember the song you were playing, the position within the song, and the position of that song within that list. You can restore the saved position within any playlist, flylist, or the faves list by tapping the bookmark icon at the bottom of the screen when viewing the items of that list.
    Oh then that works then. When the app restarted it was in the flylist I created and played the song from the 1:30 mark.
  15.    #235  
    Oh then that works then. When the app restarted it was in the flylist I created and played the song from the 1:30 mark.
    Very good!

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Maybe it's in the settings somewhere, but I have a question about Faves.

So, I set up an artist as a Fave, and when I tap on it, it starts playing songs by that artist. Is there a way for it to just open up the list of albums (or songs, whatever) from the artist instead of immediately beginning to play?

Again, I probably just missed it in the settings somewhere.

Thanks,

Matt
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    Maybe it's in the settings somewhere, but I have a question about Faves.

So, I set up an artist as a Fave, and when I tap on it, it starts playing songs by that artist. Is there a way for it to just open up the list of albums (or songs, whatever) from the artist instead of immediately beginning to play?

Again, I probably just missed it in the settings somewhere.

Thanks,

Matt
    Think of the Faves list as a special flylist. Flylists (or Faves) are used to generate a list of items to listen to. So tapping on an item within a flylist (or Faves) will start playing the list.

However you can use the universal search system to do what you're asking for. On the home screen, just start typing the first few letters of the artist. When the search results come up, tap on the artist and the list of albums from that artist will be displayed on the screen.

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Think of the Faves list as a special flylist. Flylists (or Faves) are used to generate a list of items to listen to. So tapping on an item within a flylist (or Faves) will start playing the list.

However you can use the universal search system to do what you're asking for. On the home screen, just start typing the first few letters of the artist. When the search results come up, tap on the artist and the list of albums from that artist will be displayed on the screen.
    Cool, one other problem I'm having with Faves is the order of play. If I put an album as a Fave, it doesn't seem to play in track listing order, which is really a problem for live concerts, of which I have a TON.

Is there any way to force it to play them in album order?

--Matt
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Freaking AWESOME!!! Thank you for all your hard work. \m/
  20.    #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    Cool, one other problem I'm having with Faves is the order of play. If I put an album as a Fave, it doesn't seem to play in track listing order, which is really a problem for live concerts, of which I have a TON.

Is there any way to force it to play them in album order?

--Matt
    Can you go the "Albums" screen, load up an album, and tell me if they're appearing in the correct order?

That'll help me determine how to set the correct order when playing the album on the Faves list. And yes, it should be playing in the track listing order.