Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by damnregister View Post
    Hi,
    sorry that I did not read the whole thread, but is it possible to include a configuration option that always lets the "Mini-Player" open? Currently, switching to and from Musicplayer closes and reopens the mini player, which takes quite long and looks ugly.
    The reason why the mini-player takes a bit of time to load is that each dashboard stage (mini-player module) has to be created sequentially and webOS seems to take a decent amount of time to create a dashboard stage. I'm hoping that webOS 2.0 speeds this process up.

But actually I have been considering implementing your idea. I'm thinking about the best way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by damnregister View Post
    And I can confirm that the text seems to be faster/too fast on an overlocked Pre, as I'm also using 720Mhz.

-rob
    The app is designed to run on a stock device. Unfortunately I can't cater to different overclocking speeds. However if I figure out a way to start the scrolling text farther to the left (which is something I'm working on), then I probably will decrease the scrolling speed a bit. The reason I have it at the current speed is so the user can see the text quicker, considering the text starts scrolling from the right edge of the screen.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzader View Post
    Not sure if this is included and I'm not seeing it, but is there a way to get to the artist's page (the menu that shows the artist's list of albums)
    from the now playing menu?

I know you can get to the song's album from the now playing menu.
    If you tap on the song/artist/album information on the Now Playing screen, it will go the current artist's list of albums. However if the artist only has 1 album on the device, it will load that album's list of songs.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

danplc
    jake and I were brainstorming about album art I have a folder .albumart on my pre that stores my album art and when I use any music player album art shows up with music remix it doesn't. Jake added a album and the album images show up in the music folder. Any way music remix can read from the existing albumart instead of placing them in the music folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    danplc
    jake and I were brainstorming about album art I have a folder .albumart on my pre that stores my album art and when I use any music player album art shows up with music remix it doesn't. Jake added a album and the album images show up in the music folder. Any way music remix can read from the existing albumart instead of placing them in the music folder.
    Basically saying, if something is masked from webOS (.filename) can music player remix pick up on it? This would be useful because my album art picks up in the Photos app, so I have to hide it, but if I do MPR doesn't pick it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm glad you're enjoying it.

No unfortunately once you delete an app, all of its data gets deleted.

But if it makes you feel better, I lose my flylists all the time since I delete and re-install the app fairly regularly during my testing. It would be nice if in the future I had some type of backup mechanism (either built-into the app or via webOS Internals Save/Restore). I plan on thinking about the best solution...but haven't put any thought into it yet.
    I will look into making a save restore script for you.
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I will look into making a save restore script for you.
    Thanks a lot! However keep in mind that the storage schema of the app may change during the beta process. I expect the HTML5 database structures to probably stay the same though.

Does Save/Restore do anything with cookies...some of these may change between now and the final 2.0 release.

7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Basically saying, if something is masked from webOS (.filename) can music player remix pick up on it? This would be useful because my album art picks up in the Photos app, so I have to hide it, but if I do MPR doesn't pick it up.
    Album art is retrieved from the webOS media indexing API. And apparently the media indexer ignores hidden files (.filename). This applies to images, music, and video. So no, I don't think there's a good way of circumventing this design.

The way I do it is to transfer my music with Media Monkey and choose the option to embed the album art within the music file. This has resulted in all of my album art showing up on the Pre, yet none of it showing up in the Photos album.

I've been looking forward to an updated music player and have been an avid user of the first version of remix from the start. Thank you for releasing the beta to the public I'm enjoying it already.
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by funkimunk View Post
    I've been looking forward to an updated music player and have been an avid user of the first version of remix from the start. Thank you for releasing the beta to the public I'm enjoying it already.
    I'm glad you're having fun with it.
    I've only just downloaded it, but the response time and the feature set are amazing.
    Thanks for making it available for us to play with
  11.    #191  
    It looks like PreCentral has approved the app. So everybody should be able to get it from Preware.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    This might be a stupid question but if I installed via the ipk you provided can I still use Preware to update the app if/when you make an update available?
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by mathalomew View Post
    This might be a stupid question but if I installed via the ipk you provided can I still use Preware to update the app if/when you make an update available?
    Yes, the IPK I posted and the one now present in Preware are identical. I'm working on the first update right now actually. It'll probably be ready in a day or two, so keep a look out!

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I like the resume auto play feature.
    Suggestion: add a toggle option to delete podcast upon finish of complete playback. Dr. Podder has this and it helps reduce clutter.
  15.    #195  
    Check out some of the great music-themed wallpapers Spader posted in the Hedami developer forum. Some of them look outstanding in the app.

http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post2645676

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Check out some of the great music-themed wallpapers Spader posted in the Hedami developer forum. Some of them look outstanding in the app.
    Speaking of which, great work on the icon and splash/background art. It looks great and reflects Remix's "personality".
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    I like the resume auto play feature.
    Suggestion: add a toggle option to delete podcast upon finish of complete playback. Dr. Podder has this and it helps reduce clutter.
    I'm guessing you're using the homebrew version of Dr. Podder because I'm not aware of any public APIs that allow you to delete files. I can't use any private APIs in the app because I'm going to be submitting it to the app catalog.

But even if there was an API available to delete files, I probably wouldn't do it. Dr. Podder is a podcast listening/downloading/managing app, so it makes sense that you would be able to delete podcasts from the app. Music Player (Remix) 2.0 is primarily a music listening/management app that also plays other audio files.

18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Speaking of which, great work on the icon and splash/background art. It looks great and reflects Remix's "personality".
    Thanks...that's what I was trying to convey.

Does this app work on the Pixi? I tried to get it to work on my friends girlfriends pixi and it wouldn't
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    @DanPLC I havent looked through the threads to see if anyone else has made a note of this or not. But, I notice that if I close the app while a song is playing it takes a good 4-5 seconds before the music stops playing after the app has closed out.

Also, is there a way of getting album art from the web?

The app is amazing otherwise, its beautiful and has a lot of really amazing options built in. Thanks for all of the work.