Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    This application sets up the call forward for you vonage account and calls the vonage phone. This is helpful if you have a Vonage Home phone and want to call overseas using vonage plan minutes.You can add your vonage to your FAV 5 and make unlimited calls using this call forwarding function. The one draw back on sprint and verizon network at this point is once call forwarding is set sometimes you may have to disable it manually from the application as these carriers dont allow data and voice simultaneously. However it will be done automatically by the application if you are on WI-FI.

    Version-0.1.0
    --------------
    - Added Favs and Call Log screens
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by shyamalapati; 09/04/2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Updating attachment
  2. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #2  
    For those of us who dont have FAV5, we can still call using our regular cellphone plan minutes, right?
  3.    #3  
    correct. It just uses your cellphone minutes
  4. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #4  
    Just tried, works great using wi-fi.
    Will try it later using 3G, and report back.

    Thanks for the awesome app.
  5.    #5  
    you are welcome.
  6. premr's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #6  
    Thanks shyamalapati for this much needed application. Question. Am on Sprint and I don't mind using my cell phone minutes. But should I always have wi-fi connectivity to use this app? I foresee using this app most of the times when am driving.
  7.    #7  
    you can use it using cellphone minutes. you don't need wifi to use it. but you have to disable the call forward manually from the application.
  8. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #8  
    I tried it with wi-fi off as well. I have a bad reception (Sprint) at home and my data signal keeps toggling between EV and 1X.
    It didn't work on the first try but worked fine on 2nd try.
    I had to manually disable the call forwarding after the call was completed. No big deal for me.
  9. #9  
    Is this specific to Vonage or is possible to use other VOIP systems?
  10. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #10  
    This is not showing up in Preware yet. Can you please add it to the feeds?
  11.    #11  
    This is specific to vonage. This is not a VOIP. This just sets up the call forwarding for your vonage account.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    This is not showing up in Preware yet. Can you please add it to the feeds?
    How can i add it to the feeds?
  13. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by shyamalapati View Post
    How can i add it to the feeds?
    I am not exactly sure, but you can ask any of the webos-internals member for it to be added to precentral feeds

    Also check here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...s-section.html

    edit: I think it's there on the feeds. I was searching by "vonage" so it didn't show up. Search just "von" and it shows up, but just shows version 0.0.1 on the feeds, might take a while for it to be updated.
    Last edited by RMB; 09/01/2010 at 04:00 PM.
  14. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #14  
    Is there a way to make a 3-way conference call using this app?
  15. #15  
    Hi Shyam - I have T-Mobile Nokia Nuron. Does your app work for this phone. How do I disable the call forward. I am by no means a computer literate. I appreciate your help in answering my question.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Is there a way to make a 3-way conference call using this app?
    Not from the app.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by syenergyravi View Post
    Hi Shyam - I have T-Mobile Nokia Nuron. Does your app work for this phone. How do I disable the call forward. I am by no means a computer literate. I appreciate your help in answering my question.
    This works only on webos devices which as of now its just palm pre and pixi.
  18. #18  
    Shyamalpati, How do I download the application to my sprint (Pixi) phone? Thanks for your help in advance.
  19. #19  
    I am very excited about this app, but I need some help to understand how to use it. I am hoping you can help. I have a Pre on Sprint which is linked to a Ribbit voice transcription account. My cell phone number is set to conditional call forwarding so that all my voice mail is transcribed and sent to me through emil (like Google Voice or You Mail).

    My question is: If I want to make a call using this app to make the call on vonage from my cell phone, how do I do that? Do I have to disable that conditional call forwarding first and re-enable it afterward? I am hoping ot, as that would be very hard and cold prevent me from using this app. Is there an easier way to do it? Or is that step unnecessary?

    I am hoping you can solve this dilemma for me.

    Thanks.
  20. #20  
    Hi Shyam

    Many many thanks for developing this app for Palm. I just wanted to know how to install this app on the pixi plus from at&t brother.

    I downloaded the zip file and saw that you have an ipk file, but how do we install the ipk file to the pixi is my question... please help please please please.....

    Many Thanks
    Srik



    Quote Originally Posted by shyamalapati View Post
    This application sets up the call forward for you vonage account and calls the vonage phone. This is helpful if you have a Vonage Home phone and want to call overseas using vonage plan minutes.You can add your vonage to your FAV 5 and make unlimited calls using this call forwarding function. The one draw back on sprint and verizon network at this point is once call forwarding is set sometimes you may have to disable it manually from the application as these carriers dont allow data and voice simultaneously. However it will be done automatically by the application if you are on WI-FI.

    Version-0.1.0
    --------------
    - Added Favs and Call Log screens
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions