Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #161  
    Support office will close in approx. 1/2 hour. Have to sleep ;-)
    Calibrated one of my stock batteries last night, ended up at 85% which I guess isn't bad for a battery I have had since June of last year.

I am currently running the calibration on my spare battery, but I'm expecting a lower result on this one as it's the one that always gives me a much shorter run.

Plus it was obviously reporting very badly as it took the calibration screen over 45 minutes to get it from 0% to "ready to calibrate." haha

Thanks again for this great tool!
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Calibrated mine and everything went smoothly. Now, after half an hour of playing with it the app sayd 93% but the phone still says 100%. Do I need to reset health after the calibration?
    Quote Originally Posted by millworkman View Post
    Calibrated mine and everything went smoothly. Now, after half an hour of playing with it the app sayd 93% but the phone still says 100%. Do I need to reset health after the calibration?
    In which screen? Health? If that's the case, it's telling you how much of the original charge your battery can hold.

(It is in the help, tap the ! Icon)
    No, in the actual. Now it's 5% below my reported %, which is fine just wondering if I can get the two to line up.
  6. CFC
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Unfortunately for me, even after calibration, I went from 20% down to 0%. I'd expect some issues since the battery is reporting only 56% health. On the bright side though, it no longer goes from 60% down to 0%
    I'm attempting to calibrate again, and I'll drain it down to see if it's any better (I realize I will need a new battery though)
    CFC
    Hi all,

I'm not sure I did this calibration thing correctly.

I discharged the battery and while waiting I was doing the laundry (I don't have a washer and dryer in my apartment, but there is one downstairs, so I run up and down while I'm doing the laundry).

When I got upstairs for one of my runs back up to my apartment, I found the Pre saying 'plug in charger now'. I plugged in the charger and the Pre shutdown.

I had to go back downstairs and when I came back up the Pre was still turned off and I guess charging.

I pressed the power button and turned on the Pre.

I had to run downstairs again, and then came back up to find the Pre rebooted.

Was that the calibration?

I have feeling from reading the documentation that was in the app, that the Pre was never supposed to have even shutdown, it was supposed to do something else when I plugged in the Pre when I it asked.

So does anyone know if I did this wrong and what I am supposed to do?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I keep getting a java error during the calibration phase... No I didn't have the forethought to log what error but I'm hoping there is a common error at least. Looking through the thread I say no. It is not an outright failure in the program but from whatever point the error occurs the battery level in the program and in the bar does not move at all. Multiple attempts. I shall try once more and log the error this time if nobody has an idea.

Thanks all!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm not sure I did this calibration thing correctly.

I discharged the battery and while waiting I was doing the laundry (I don't have a washer and dryer in my apartment, but there is one downstairs, so I run up and down while I'm doing the laundry).

When I got upstairs for one of my runs back up to my apartment, I found the Pre saying 'plug in charger now'. I plugged in the charger and the Pre shutdown.

I had to go back downstairs and when I came back up the Pre was still turned off and I guess charging.

I pressed the power button and turned on the Pre.

I had to run downstairs again, and then came back up to find the Pre rebooted.

Was that the calibration?

I have feeling from reading the documentation that was in the app, that the Pre was never supposed to have even shutdown, it was supposed to do something else when I plugged in the Pre when I it asked.

So does anyone know if I did this wrong and what I am supposed to do?

Thanks!

Rob
    i dont think you got to your pre and inserted the charger in time its not suppose to shut off i think u have 30 to 60 seconds once the notification to plug in your charger that comes up
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    i dont think you got to your pre and inserted the charger in time its not suppose to shut off i think u have 30 to 60 seconds once the notification to plug in your charger that comes up
    Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking that I did wrong. I had to plug in the charger at a specific time otherwise it would just shutdown.

OK, I'm going to try again and this time not do laundry or household chores.

LOL!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

once u get it on there u can go and do your household duties just make sure that u keep the dr. battery app running active so the pre doesnt go to sleep which will disrupt the process as well
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    I have say this is a really cool app. kudos to the developer!

I'm almost done reconditioning my stock battery (1183mAh) and it's working great. You just have to keep the phone close so you can switch to charging in a matter of seconds.

Now I have to do the same for my 1350 and 2600 batteries. That will have to wait for the weekend.

The good news is that this app works well and does a great job!
    Last edited by Workerb33; 09/01/2010 at 11:21 PM.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Looks like my Mugen 1400 failed calibration. I started calibration last night, when I went to bed it was charged up to 50% or so. I woke up a few hours later, saw where it said calibration failed due to interruption or something like that. It was charged up to 94% at that point.

I know that once a battery is charged to 100%, it will stop charging, the battery will discharge to around 94% and then charge back up to 100% and so on....

I wonder if that would have been the interruption?

Anyway, I reset health and I'll try re-calibrating tonight if I get the chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    This sounds like the "overcharge fault" problem of webOS. WebOS stops charging when
    stop charging at (Manufacturer rating * Health / 100)
    stop at = full40 * age / 100
    You did the right by setting Health (age) to 100.
    The other option would be disable the "overcharge check" in powerd.conf.
    Update: I tried calibrating my Mugen 1400 again tonight. Discharged it, got the message saying to start charging, everything seemed to work ok. I went to sleep, woke up several hours later, saw where "calibration failed" due to interruption. This time battery was only reading 76% charged.

Is it possible that receiving emails could cause the interruption?

Not sure what's going on. I don't want to discharge it again so I may just leave it alone for now.

I have an older stock Pre battery that I may try this weekend.
    I tried running a calibration on my stock Pre battery twice last night. Literally watched the battery drain until the Dr. told me to connect charger now. I connected the charger within a couple of seconds, and my top bar "battery as percent" turned blue, indicating charging. Unfortunately, the Dr. continued to show the battery draining, and then the Pre shut itself down shortly thereafter.

I'm running the latest UberKernel at 1 GHz - the second time I tried battery calibration, I took the extra step of running at "Palm Default" 500 MHz. Again, the battery drained to nearly empty, I connected the charger immediately when prompted, but the battery continued to drain and the Pre shut down again within another 30 seconds or so.

My battery health is 88% (1012 mAh). Fortunately, it seems to be pretty accurately calibrated already, based on watching it drain all the way to 0% and then shut down shortly thereafter (rather than making a large "jump" down to zero or continuing to run longer than expected).

Any thoughts?

--John
    I have noticed that the recharge phase slowed dramatically when it reached 80% charge. it got to 80% in about the same time it took to get from 80 to 90.

Bad news is that the app crashed at 90%.

Battery already says I'm at 100% health.

I'll assume I shouldn't try it again, so I wil move on to my next battery.
    Last edited by Workerb33; 09/02/2010 at 12:52 AM.
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
    I tried running a calibration on my stock Pre battery twice last night. Literally watched the battery drain until the Dr. told me to connect charger now. I connected the charger within a couple of seconds, and my top bar "battery as percent" turned blue, indicating charging. Unfortunately, the Dr. continued to show the battery draining, and then the Pre shut itself down shortly thereafter.

I'm running the latest UberKernel at 1 GHz - the second time I tried battery calibration, I took the extra step of running at "Palm Default" 500 MHz. Again, the battery drained to nearly empty, I connected the charger immediately when prompted, but the battery continued to drain and the Pre shut down again within another 30 seconds or so.

My battery health is 88% (1012 mAh). Fortunately, it seems to be pretty accurately calibrated already, based on watching it drain all the way to 0% and then shut down shortly thereafter (rather than making a large "jump" down to zero or continuing to run longer than expected).

Any thoughts?

--John
    Thats always the problem with threads getting longer. The problem is known and I don't have a solution for it. Since the calibration is done by the chip inside the battery I have no influence on it. Try removing the battery for a couple of seconds and try again.
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I have noticed that the recharge phase slowed dramatically when it reached 80% charge. it got to 80% in about the same time it took to get from 80 to 90.
    Thats normal for LiIon batteries.
    You can see it on the "Curr.[mA]" value. As higher the capacity goes the charge current will get reduced. You can see graphics of the charge current over time in the manual of the chip.
  18.    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Update: I tried calibrating my Mugen 1400 again tonight. Discharged it, got the message saying to start charging, everything seemed to work ok. I went to sleep, woke up several hours later, saw where "calibration failed" due to interruption. This time battery was only reading 76% charged.

Is it possible that receiving emails could cause the interruption?

Not sure what's going on. I don't want to discharge it again so I may just leave it alone for now.

I have an older stock Pre battery that I may try this weekend.
    To sad it didn't worked out. Yes don't do it to often. A Full drain is not the best you should do with a LiIon battery. What value was Health at before you set it to 100?
    It could be possible that your battery can hold more than the rated 1400. In this case you have to set the "Manufacturer Rating" to a higher number which will be possible in the next version of the app.

EDIT: Receiving Mail should not stop calibration. This happened to me often. The ONLY thing (beside the overcharge protection) that can stop calibration is when the battery doesn't get charged anymore. It would be possible to run an app (like tethering) which needs more power than the charger is submitting. In this case the calibration will stop.
    Last edited by somline; 09/02/2010 at 01:01 AM.
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by millworkman View Post
    No, in the actual. Now it's 5% below my reported %, which is fine just wondering if I can get the two to line up.
    This is already mentioned in this thread. The top bar % doesn't show the actual value. There is for sure a patch "Show Actual Battery Percentage" in preware (where else ;-)
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Bad news is that the app crashed at 90%.

Battery already says I'm at 100% health.
    Can you explain what "crashed" means?
    Did you set the Health to 100%?
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast