Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Yes, already set to 100% in anticipation.

I would like to set the capacity to 2600 though instead of only using 2300.
    EDIT: Found a bug in service. Don't use this for other values than 2600!

Needs DrBatterySrv installed:

In Terminus, Terminal, shh, WebosQI:
    Code:
    <<deleted from op since dangerous bug>>
    EDIT should return:
    Code:
    And reboot.
    Last edited by somline; 09/02/2010 at 12:09 AM.
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaihmeyer View Post
    Also, I was able to drain my battery from ~80% to 0% pretty quickly (I think an hour and a half or so) with a small shell trick.
    quick integer CPU benchmark | commandlinefu.com

I put this inside of a while loop:
    Code:
    while true; do date; echo '2^2^20' | time -p bc > /dev/null; sleep 1; done
    You will have to install bc, but that's trivial if you have optware:
    Code:
    ipkg-opt install bc
    Good idea but this will reduce the time you have to connect the charger. You have exactly 19.5 mV "time" to connect the charger. Means as long it takes to reduce the Voltage from 3412,5 to 3393mV. This depends on the drain you have. And with this fine prog you HAVE a drain ;-)
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaihmeyer View Post
    **edit** No sooner had I finished typing out the response did I get this error from Dr. Battery
    Did you set the health to 100%? If not please do so and try again.

When I designed the prog I was thinking about setting the Health automatically to 100%. But I wanted do reduce the changes I automatically do as small as possible. If the app fails you sit there with 100% on a 60% battery, So I decided to leave it in your decision ;-)
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    @all with the 20drop0 problem:
    I really would like to know if Dr.Battery could repair that issue (suddenly dropping from 15-30% to 0%) for you. So please let us know.
    Thanks
    I have calibrated my battery twice in the past 24 hours, and can confirm that Dr. Battery solved the "20drop0" problem that I have been experiencing for a while. After calibrating, I received the low battery warning at 20%, 10% and "will shut down soon" with plenty of time to get to the charger.

Unfortunately, my battery's health is 61%, so it's time for a replacement.

Sprint Pre purchased 6/09; webOS 1.4.5
    OEM battery
    UberKernel 1g / Govnah Screenstate 500/1000
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    I have calibrated my battery twice in the past 24 hours, and can confirm that Dr. Battery solved the "20drop0" problem that I have been experiencing for a while. After calibrating, I received the low battery warning at 20%, 10% and "will shut down soon" with plenty of time to get to the charger.

Unfortunately, my battery's health is 61%, so it's time for a replacement.

Sprint Pre purchased 6/09; webOS 1.4.5
    OEM battery
    UberKernel 1g / Govnah Screenstate 500/1000
    I've hoped someone will proof it. Thanks. Even though I'm sorry you need a new battery.
  6.    #146  
    Needs DrBatterySrv installed:

EDIT: Found a bug in service. Don't use this for other values than 2600!. Setting age is save.

In Terminus, Terminal, shh, WebosQI:
    Code:
    <<deleted from op>>
    EDIT should return:
    Code:
    And reboot.
    And when I already posted the secrets of the upcoming version:

To set the health to what ever you want (between 50 and 100%):
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://de.somline.drbatterysrv/SetBatteryAGE '{'percentage':'95'}'
    Example sets Health to 95%. Don't need a reboot.

Returns:
    Code:
    Last edited by somline; 09/02/2010 at 12:09 AM.
    Great app. Battery health went from 67% to 80%.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by jparnell View Post
    Great app. Battery health went from 67% to 80%.
    This is interesting (EDIT: and unusual). Can you please give us more info? Did you had a problem before? Do you have a stock battery?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Good idea but this will reduce the time you have to connect the charger. You have exactly 19.5 mV "time" to connect the charger. Means as long it takes to reduce the Voltage from 3412,5 to 3393mV. This depends on the drain you have. And with this fine prog you HAVE a drain ;-)
    Ya, which is exactly why I didn't get the charger plugged in in time the first time around. I let it boot, and let Dr. Battery take me from 2% the second time, and I had enough time to get it on the charger.

I'll try again with the battery set at 100% later tonight. Thanks!
    I am calibrating at this very moment, only I didn't reset my batteries health to 100% before caibrating *face palm*. Is it okay to reset the health during the calibration; and will it still calibrate correctly?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Since it takes so long to charge that baby I suggest to set Health to 100% before calibrating.
    I think this answers my question in the post above.

So would you recommend I attempt another calibration Somline, this time reseting my health prior to calibrating??
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I think this answers my question in the post above.

So would you recommend I attempt another calibration Somline, this time reseting my health prior to calibrating??
    Actually I don't know. I think it will work since you don't have to reboot when changing the Health (age)
    I got the error message in mid calibration. I'm going to try it again.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    is it a good idea to calibrate a brand new battery? i always forget what the common practice is with a new battery...do you charge it first or let it discharge completely efore you charge it
    So I calibrated my 1 week old seldom used (maybe 3 times) original Palm 1150 Battery which is reporting 1183 as manufacturer rating. It turned out with 1159 as calculated left at 98%. This I would name quality seidio!.

EDIT my cheap 1150 has 1000.
    Last edited by somline; 09/01/2010 at 03:55 PM.
    yeah im using stock battery. I have noticed that my pre would stay on 100% battery capacity for ages. I also noticed that when calibrating, webos reported 100% battery charge but the battery doctor kept going for ages and the mAh went way past what my battery was reporting on the health screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    @somline
    Well I got 100% calibrated after I had reset the 'Health' and I was pretty excited. Now the 'Health' only shows 64%, 757mAh out of 1183mAh, which bums me out lol. I have a feeling the drain per hour will show much higher now which is fine, at least it will be accurate. We'll see if this fixes my 20%-0% issue when it drains down again.
    I just wanted to add that this has corrected my 20%-0% issue.
    Thank you.
    yeah im using stock battery. I have noticed that my pre would stay on 100% battery capacity for ages. I also noticed that when calibrating, webos reported 100% battery charge but the battery doctor kept going for ages and the mAh went way past what my battery was reporting on the health screen.
    i suggest that you get the patch that shows the "actual" battery level. otherwise it only changes the meter after 20% of the battery life is gone.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    ... I'm sorry you need a new battery.
    Thanks. No complaints here. I think 15 months, with moderate use and overclocking, is reasonable battery life.

Many thanks, somline, for your excellent work.
  19.    #159  
    But you got that "calibration successfully finished" message?
    Very strange but good for you ;-)
    yep all said it completed ok.
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast