Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 981
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    If we keep getting the same situation happening, do you suggest we not run the Dr. Battery over and over? Guess I need to go battery shopping. First time I ran the Dr. Battery is stated mine was at 61% health.
    Your'e right. It's not the best for Liion Batteries to get allot of full discharges. And yes 61% is very bad. Remember: Batteries are considered worn out at 80% and the lowest possible Health value is around 50%.
    I alway wondered why BatteryMonitor was telling me such huge drain e.g.20%. But yes 20% out of 500mAh is 10% out of 1000mAh.

    If you need I can send you the code how to reset health to 61%. The setting of the Health and Manufacturer Rating will be possible in the next version. The service already is able to set these values.
  2. #122  
    I've been trying to kill my battery to calibrate it. I'm going on 14 hours of use with the 500/1000 screenstate. What the heck?! My batt never lasts this long! The ONE time I actually want it to die it won't. Funny!!
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    If you need I can send you the code how to reset health to 61%. The setting of the Health and Manufacturer Rating will be possible in the next version. The service already is able to set these values.
    That'd be cool. Either send here or send me a PM. I appreciate all of your hard work!
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Don't try it again and again. I really think your battery past out. I really really hope you get an exchange.
    Ok, I won't try it again
    Better to have a 600mAh battery than no battery at all!
  5. garavin's Avatar
    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #125  
    Yep, had the same problem. Discharged my Seidio 2600 battery (actual reported capacity= 2300mAh) and started calibration last night. When I went to bed it was at 15% and still calibrating. This morning when I checked it I got the Calibration Failed message. I'm resetting the health to 100% and will try calibrating again.

    The good news is that I've had this battery for something like 8 months and it's still at 98% health. Not happy that I got screwed out of 12% of the advertised capacity, though... I don't think I'll be doing business with Seidio again any time soon.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    Yep, had the same problem. Discharged my Seidio 2600 battery (actual reported capacity= 2300mAh) and started calibration last night. When I went to bed it was at 15% and still calibrating. This morning when I checked it I got the Calibration Failed message. I'm resetting the health to 100% and will try calibrating again.

    The good news is that I've had this battery for something like 8 months and it's still at 98% health. Not happy that I got screwed out of 12% of the advertised capacity, though... I don't think I'll be doing business with Seidio again any time soon.
    Since it was already near 100% I'm afraid setting to 100% will not help. In the next version of the app you can set the "Manufacturer Rating" to what ever you want e.g. 2600. Then you may be able to get more then the 2300 out of it.

    If you are the kind of no risc no fun type I can send you the code how to set it to 2600 now.
    It would not be dangerous if you recalibrate after since the health will be set accordantly to reflect the true capacity you have.
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    I don't think I saw "ERROR Calibration Failed" I did get the red text on black "Connect charger NOW!" That never went away, so I could not see which LED was lighted up.
    Hey Somline,

    Had the same/similar issue...
    First time I tried, placed it on the Touchstone, got the interrupted message
    Exited Dr.Charger; Charged it up to 24%
    Started Dr. Charger again, got down to 0%
    This time, I inserted the power cord directly into the Pre
    Never got the "failed" message; But continually showed "Connect Charger Now"; LED never changed to the learn; Waited about 15 minutes.

    I'll try again tonight.

    By-the-way, not sure if this is related or not: it seems like when Dr.Battery & Service are installed (not just running), my touchscreen has excessive delays... sometimes doesn't respond to any touches. I tried a powerdown/batterypull... didn't help. Uninstalled both Dr.'s and did a batterypull and screen was very responsive again.

    Let me know if there is anything else I should do.
  8. CFC
    CFC is offline
    CFC's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    @all with the 20drop0 problem:
    I really would like to know if Dr.Battery could repair that issue (suddenly dropping from 15-30% to 0%) for you. So please let us know.
    Thanks
    I'll let mine run down and report back.

    CFC
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNadeau View Post
    Hey Somline,

    Had the same/similar issue...
    First time I tried, placed it on the Touchstone, got the interrupted message
    Exited Dr.Charger; Charged it up to 24%
    Started Dr. Charger again, got down to 0%
    This time, I inserted the power cord directly into the Pre
    Never got the "failed" message; But continually showed "Connect Charger Now"; LED never changed to the learn; Waited about 15 minutes.

    I'll try again tonight.

    By-the-way, not sure if this is related or not: it seems like when Dr.Battery & Service are installed (not just running), my touchscreen has excessive delays... sometimes doesn't respond to any touches. I tried a powerdown/batterypull... didn't help. Uninstalled both Dr.'s and did a batterypull and screen was very responsive again.

    Let me know if there is anything else I should do.
    Was the app still actualizing the screen (mAh,V,.....)? This sounds odd.
    Please try next time to close the app and restart it without disconnecting from charger. The app will recognize the state the battery is in. If it's in learning mode it should tell you. Else it will show "please disconnect charger".

    The touchscreen issue can really not be related to the app. Its using std webOS GUI. But for sure I believe you. So if you get it the next time please report here. This would be a huge issue.
  10. #130  
    @somline
    Well I got 100% calibrated after I had reset the 'Health' and I was pretty excited. Now the 'Health' only shows 64%, 757mAh out of 1183mAh, which bums me out lol. I have a feeling the drain per hour will show much higher now which is fine, at least it will be accurate. We'll see if this fixes my 20%-0% issue when it drains down again.
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    This sounds like a dated info in the battery chip. You did it right. If you try the calibration again now with health set to 100% it should work.

    EDIT: The top bar % is not the real actual %. Dr. Battery is reading the real value. (There is a patch for getting the real value in top bar).
    EDIT2: As written in the info page: The palm has its own "over charge" prevention which may get out of sync with the info the battery is reporting to webOS. That means the palm is terminating the charge (not the battery) Setting health to 100% and recalibrating should repair this.
    EDIT3: You can proof EDIT2 look into /var/log/messages and find a line like this:
    Code:
    powerd}: CHG_LOGIC: BatteryOverchargeFault overcharge diag: 
    raw = (1265.62) > 1006f (full_mAh [1350] * age [93.75] / 100) = (1265.62))
    thanks for the response, I will rerun the callibration this afternoon and report back with anything that I run across..
    sj
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    @somline
    Well I got 100% calibrated after I had reset the 'Health' and I was pretty excited. Now the 'Health' only shows 64%, 757mAh out of 1183mAh, which bums me out lol. I have a feeling the drain per hour will show much higher now which is fine, at least it will be accurate. We'll see if this fixes my 20%-0% issue when it drains down again.
    Forget it. This battery is almost dead. Sorry.

    EDIT: But thanks for reporting setting Health will help as assumed.
    EDIT2: And yes to see the 20drop0 problem is solved would also be interesting.
    Last edited by somline; 09/01/2010 at 02:05 PM.
  13. djmcgee's Avatar
    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Since it was already near 100% I'm afraid setting to 100% will not help. In the next version of the app you can set the "Manufacturer Rating" to what ever you want e.g. 2600. Then you may be able to get more then the 2300 out of it.

    If you are the kind of no risc no fun type I can send you the code how to set it to 2600 now.
    It would not be dangerous if you recalibrate after since the health will be set accordantly to reflect the true capacity you have.
    I also have a Seido 2600 that is reporting 2300. I would like to give this a try before I calibrate it tonight. I have been running slacker all day to discharge and I am now about 32%, getting there and an hour of work left
    Dan
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    I also have a Seido 2600 that is reporting 2300. I would like to give this a try before I calibrate it tonight. I have been running slacker all day to discharge and I am now about 32%, getting there and an hour of work left
    Since it takes so long to charge that baby I suggest to set Health to 100% before calibrating.
  15. Kaihmeyer's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Sorry for not answering (I just answered in the other thread):
    Please recalibrate with Dr.Battery. Because the phone runns much longer than expected you should set Health to 100% from the app menu in the calibrate scene before calibrating. Health will be recalculated to real value after.
    EDIT:

    I don't think this is the reason. The difference between these two values is not that big. I think your battery can hold more than it is reporting.
    Dr. Battery is running now. Took me two tries to catch the charge at the right time. Right now it's still charging (at 92%) and the learning flag is still on.

    Also, I was able to drain my battery from ~80% to 0% pretty quickly (I think an hour and a half or so) with a small shell trick.
    quick integer CPU benchmark | commandlinefu.com

    I put this inside of a while loop:
    Code:
    while true; do date; echo '2^2^20' | time -p bc > /dev/null; sleep 1; done
    You will have to install bc, but that's trivial if you have optware:
    Code:
    ipkg-opt install bc
    On a 1GHz overclocked Pre, it takes about 20 second per iteration. I add a "sleep 1" so that a ctrl+C will have an opportunity to interrupt the while loop at least once every 21 seconds It did crank my temperature up to ~55 degrees Celsius, so keep an eye on that if you try to do the same thing.

    **edit** No sooner had I finished typing out the response did I get this error from Dr. Battery
    Last edited by Kaihmeyer; 09/01/2010 at 02:14 PM.
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Forget it. This battery is almost dead. Sorry.
    I know lol
    I'll be ordering a replacement this weekend. Although, it is a little surprising that this battery is already shot, I bought the phone new in March.
  17. djmcgee's Avatar
    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Since it takes so long to charge that baby I suggest to set Health to 100% before calibrating.
    Yes, already set to 100% in anticipation.

    I would like to set the capacity to 2600 though instead of only using 2300.
    Dan
  18. garavin's Avatar
    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #138  
    You need to run apps that drain the battery. Turn on all your antennas (bluetooth, gps, wifi). Set your mail to check every minute or so. Run the music player (at max volume if you're able). Set the screen & keyboard brightness to 100%. If you have the LED flashlight service installed, turn on the flashlight at its brightest setting. Be sure to open the Pre's slider to give the CPU some extra cooling surface (the mirror on the back of the Pre acts as a bit of a heat sink).
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
  19. garavin's Avatar
    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Since it was already near 100% I'm afraid setting to 100% will not help. In the next version of the app you can set the "Manufacturer Rating" to what ever you want e.g. 2600. Then you may be able to get more then the 2300 out of it.

    If you are the kind of no risc no fun type I can send you the code how to set it to 2600 now.
    It would not be dangerous if you recalibrate after since the health will be set accordantly to reflect the true capacity you have.
    Great, thanks Somline. I would appreciate having the code.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
  20. djmcgee's Avatar
    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #140  
    +1 I would also like to have the code
    Dan
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions