Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    I just installed the Dr. Battery service before the actual Dr. Battery app. I did a Luna Restart as it instructed me to do.

I noticed after the Luna, my tbbg animated patch stopped working along with my JSTop auto GC app enabled, and my wallpaper was diverted back to the default stock 'flower' wallpaper.

I decided to run a preset reset because I had skipped it earlier this morning. After my phone booted back up, everything was back to normal and normal working conditions
    I think just running another Luna would have fixed the hiccup also but I didn't want to skip my daily freshly brewed preset refresh. The coffee for Pre

I'm sooo tired. I haven't slept, I don't know how I did it,but I can barely keep my eyes open. I hope this is typo-less lol

I'll take the Dr. Battery for a spin later today and return with full results. Wish me a safe journey
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    I was excited to see this hit Preware. I installed it this morning and have been trying to kill my battery ever since. I'm down to 2% though Hopefully calibration will stop my 20% to 0% issue, I will post my results.
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I'll take the Dr. Battery for a spin later today and return with full results. Wish me a safe journey
    I'll do that. Just coming home from work.
    I'm interested on your results. If you are having the newest Internalz installed, Dr.Battery should work since it's using the same mechanism.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I posted this on the first thread right around the same time that this thread was created, so I'll re-post here. I'll also note that I've figured out why my phone read 0% for 45 minutes. A previous post in this thread mentions that the app calculates the thread, while the menu bar at the top reads a value from the /sys/ directory that may not be as accurate. Anyway, here's the post, in case it's interesting to anyone else.

---

My battery's been fine, was 92% healthy after about 10 months. My wife's battery was giving her problems, so I traded her for the day. Her battery getage says 82%. All the numbers are ok except the battery is getting close to worn out, which is really her complaint.

Now, when I traded her batteries, I shutdown both phones to do the battery swap, just to be safe. When I shut them both down, I think her's was somewhere in to 10% range. WHen it booted back up, I was surprised to find that the battery reported 0%, warned me that the phone will shutdown soon, but I was more surprised that it did not shutdown before I got to the Touch Stone. I thought I dodged a bullet.

Now I'm sitting here at school far away from a charger (forgot my USB to mini cable at the office.) and my battery jumps from the 10% range to 0% and warns me that the phone will shutdown soon. I accepted my fate, and sent a few texts to end a conversation, and to tell the wife I'll be unreachable till I get home. Now, some 15 minutes later, the phone is still on. So here I am, posting this question, and I've even had enough time to run the script:
    Code:
    cd /sys/device/w1*/32*;
    for file in *; do echo $file; cat $file; done > /media/internal/file.txt
    Which should capture anything you'd be interested in. Here's the result (I'm missing STDERR, so no errors on directories)
    Code:
    bus
    driver
    dumpreg
    00: 0f 61 00 00 00 00 00 00 ed 2c 1e 60 5b 40 f6 47
    10: 00 00 00 00 69 69 7f ec 02 30 00 a0 ff ff ff 00
    20: 00 42 50 31 20 20 20 44 31 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    60: 62 ff 0c 19 d4 16 ae 05 0a 32 0e ca 01 08 17 48
    70: 0c 16 4d eb 08 08 08 10 04 10 00 ef 1e 14 0a 1a
    b0: 04 1b
    getage
    getavgcurrent
    getcapacity
    getcoulomb
    getcurrent
    getfull40
    getpercent
    getrawcoulomb
    getrsense
    gettemp
    getvoltage
    id
    2�
    So I'm asking what's the deal with my phone's battery? What should I do about it?
    By the way, It's been 30 minutes since I sent the text to my wife that my battery is dead....

*edit*

I should also note that I am running the most recent UberKernel, and overclocking at 1Ghz.

*edit2*

Phone finally shut down 45 minutes after jumping to 0%. I'm happy it didn't implode...
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaihmeyer View Post
    Phone finally shut down 45 minutes after jumping to 0%. I'm happy it didn't implode...
    Sorry for not answering (I just answered in the other thread):
    Please recalibrate with Dr.Battery. Because the phone runns much longer than expected you should set Health to 100% from the app menu in the calibrate scene before calibrating. Health will be recalculated to real value after.
    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaihmeyer View Post
    I'll also note that I've figured out why my phone read 0% for 45 minutes. A previous post in this thread mentions that the app calculates the thread, while the menu bar at the top reads a value from the /sys/ directory that may not be as accurate.
    I don't think this is the reason. The difference between these two values is not that big. I think your battery can hold more than it is reporting.
    Last edited by somline; 09/01/2010 at 09:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    How did you install? Did you do the java-restart after install? Preware is asking you for doing it after install. You can choose "yes" or "later"
    Did a Luna restart. I guess that doesn't cover a Java restart also?

Will give it a try....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  7. CFC
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I don't use it but it's the "Show Actual Battery Percent" patch. Search in preware for it.
    Thanks, it's now matching your app.
    I appreciate it.

CFC
    Restart Java did the trick.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I've reset my health to 100%, ran the battery down till it told me to connect the charger. Now, the LEARNF led doesn't come on, and it still says 'wait for charger' and Connect charger now! but, it seems to be charging, just doesn't look like it wants to learn.

Sprint Pre ver. 1.4.5
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    I've reset my health to 100%, ran the battery down till it told me to connect the charger. Now, the LEARNF led doesn't come on, and it still says 'wait for charger' and Connect charger now! but, it seems to be charging, just doesn't look like it wants to learn.

Sprint Pre ver. 1.4.5
    You are the second to report this incident. This is for sure a fault. There are two possible reasons:
    1. You put it on a touchstone but didn't got it right the first time. So it starts charging and discharging and charging......
    2. You are suffering from the known problem that (for some) the calibration stops as soon as you connect the charger. I had this in the beginning but never again. If this is the case I have no solution for you. Please try removing the battery for a couple of seconds and recalibrate again. I will try to fix the code to catch this special situation by printing out an error message.
    3. Please notice: I didn't programmed the calibration. It's done by the battery it self. So I cant influence this behavior

EDIT: I looked into the code: Was the text beneath the battery image saying: ERROR Calibration failed? But you got still that red text on black "Connect charger NOW!"?
    Last edited by somline; 09/01/2010 at 10:26 AM.
    You are the second to report this incident. This is for sure a fault. There are two possible reasons:

2. You are suffering from the known problem that (for some) the calibration stops as soon as you connect the charger. I had this in the beginning but never again. If this is the case I have no solution for you. Please try removing the battery for a couple of seconds and recalibrate again. I will try to fix the code to catch this special situation by printing out an error message.
    Please notice: I didn't programmed the calibration. It's done by the battery it self. So I cant influence this behavior
    I'll pull the battery and try again. I didn't use the touchstone because it always takes me some twisting and turning to get the phone on the correct way. LOL

Thanks
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    I'll pull the battery and try again. I didn't use the touchstone because it always takes me some twisting and turning to get the phone on the correct way. LOL
    Thanks
    I know that TS twisting ;-)
    I put the pre on it but disconnect the wall thing (don't know the name in english). When Dr.Battery ask for I plug the wall thing in, pre allready on the TS.. This works fine for me.
    Sorry I just edited my previous post. Can you please look at the question I ask? Hopefully you remember. Thanks
    Last edited by somline; 09/01/2010 at 10:50 AM.
  13.    #113  
    @all with the 20drop0 problem:
    I really would like to know if Dr.Battery could repair that issue (suddenly dropping from 15-30% to 0%) for you. So please let us know.
    Thanks
    I really would like to know if Dr.Battery could repair that issue (suddenly dropping from 15-30% to 0%) for you. So please let us know.
    Thanks
    Mine is calibrating at 12% now, after it finishes I'll run the battery back down and test it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because this issue has become really frustrating...
    EDIT: I looked into the code: Was the text beneath the battery image saying: ERROR Calibration failed? But you got still that red text on black "Connect charger NOW!"?
    I don't think I saw "ERROR Calibration Failed" I did get the red text on black "Connect charger NOW!" That never went away, so I could not see which LED was lighted up.
    Very nice very nice You are da man I have noticed something though the battery app will state lets say 75% and the phone will will say around 78 to 79% just thought that the phone must have a glitch or it does not update as much
    Last edited by gitit20; 09/01/2010 at 11:42 AM.
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Thanks
    It did work for my 2300mAh batt, but then it it stood there at 100 for a long time before it began to drop to 99% and less. It got to 0% with no problems several times.

But for my OEM battery it didn't. I did calibrate it, it charges about 650mAh, and the worse part is that it goes from 15-20% to 0 suddenly :'(

I'll try it again tonight, but I don't think it'll improve much.

I've already reported my batt to Palm, but it's Palm Latin America, they escalated it but I still haven't had an answer.
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Very nice very nice You are da man I have noticed something though the battery app will state lets say 75% and the phone will will say around 78 to 79% just thought that the phone must have a glitch or it does not update as much
    The phone is not showing you the real actual value. There is a patch to do so.
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    It did work for my 2300mAh batt, but then it it stood there at 100 for a long time before it began to drop to 99% and less. It got to 0% with no problems several times.

But for my OEM battery it didn't. I did calibrate it, it charges about 650mAh, and the worse part is that it goes from 15-20% to 0 suddenly :'(

I'll try it again tonight, but I don't think it'll improve much.

I've already reported my batt to Palm, but it's Palm Latin America, they escalated it but I still haven't had an answer.
    Don't try it again and again. I really think your battery past out. I really really hope you get an exchange.
    Don't try it again and again.
    If we keep getting the same situation happening, do you suggest we not run the Dr. Battery over and over? Guess I need to go battery shopping. First time I ran the Dr. Battery is stated mine was at 61% health.