Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Well ran the Dr. Battery and it says that my battery health is 50% (guess that is not good)! It is the original battery that came with the phone whin I bought it last November and sounds like it went bad much to soon if it has the same 1 year warranty as the phone itself. Somline thank you very much for the app, I can see you put a lot of time and effort into it. Now to decide if I want to go and de-preware it so I can go to Sprint and complain about the battery and not have them say the warranty is voided or just buy myself a new battery
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    somline,

Don't restart java in the post install script of the service! It knocked out the network connection so Preware couldn't download the app itself.
    I noticed that yesterday when I uninstalled the old version and java restarted. I had no network connection after that. I had to restart phone, update network settings, etc until I finally got it back.

I wasn't sure what caused it and thought it was just a one time thing.
    Looks like my Mugen 1400 failed calibration. I started calibration last night, when I went to bed it was charged up to 50% or so. I woke up a few hours later, saw where it said calibration failed due to interruption or something like that. It was charged up to 94% at that point.

I know that once a battery is charged to 100%, it will stop charging, the battery will discharge to around 94% and then charge back up to 100% and so on....

I wonder if that would have been the interruption?

Anyway, I reset health and I'll try re-calibrating tonight if I get the chance.
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I noticed that yesterday when I uninstalled the old version and java restarted. I had no network connection after that. I had to restart phone, update network settings, etc until I finally got it back.

This sounds like the "overcharge fault" problem of webOS. WebOS stops charging when
    stop charging at (Manufacturer rating * Health / 100)
    stop at = full40 * age / 100
    You did the right by setting Health (age) to 100.
    The other option would be disable the "overcharge check" in powerd.conf.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post

I have fixed that. Thanks to jp99.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    This sounds like the "overcharge fault" problem of webOS. WebOS stops charging when
    stop charging at (Manufacturer rating * Health / 100)
    stop at = full40 * age / 100
    You did the right by setting Health (age) to 100.
    The other option would be disable the "overcharge check" in powerd.conf.
    Thanks....I'll give it another try tonight...I just have to keep playing games until I get my battery low enough.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Should the LEARNF light stay on after I connect the charger? It doesn't for me. As soon as I connect the charger, LEARNF turns off. The "Connect charger NOW" message never goes away, and next to the graphic (inder the percent sign) it just keeps saying "wait for charger."
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    Should the LEARNF light stay on after I connect the charger? It doesn't for me. As soon as I connect the charger, LEARNF turns off. The "Connect charger NOW" message never goes away, and next to the graphic (inder the percent sign) it just keeps saying "wait for charger."
    This is one of the known problems that can appear and is documented in the info pages. I had this in the beginning of our battery safari. It went away and never came back.
    Since I couldn't test this my app is reacting false. It should had reported an ERROR: Calibration failed.
    The calibration was stopped immediately after connecting the charger.
    I have no solution for that. Try removing the battery waiting some seconds and insert again.

EDIT: And yes the LEARNF has to be on untill recalibrating finished.
    EDIT2: I will try to repair the code for that situation.
    Last edited by somline; 09/01/2010 at 07:12 AM.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by sczajka View Post
    Well ran the Dr. Battery and it says that my battery health is 50% (guess that is not good)! It is the original battery that came with the phone whin I bought it last November and sounds like it went bad much to soon if it has the same 1 year warranty as the phone itself. Somline thank you very much for the app, I can see you put a lot of time and effort into it. Now to decide if I want to go and de-preware it so I can go to Sprint and complain about the battery and not have them say the warranty is voided or just buy myself a new battery
    I was in exact the same boot. O2 gave me 1/2 year guaranty for the battery, so they declined. But Palm gives 1 year guaranty and they exchanged my 50% stock battery.
    I read in the OP that this was tested on 1.4.5
    Is it safe and okay to use on Pre Plus 1.4.1.1?
    I am so anxious to run Dr. Battery
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I read in the OP that this was tested on 1.4.5
    Is it safe and okay to use on Pre Plus 1.4.1.1?
    I am so anxious to run Dr. Battery
    Yes it's save. Try the "Actual" and "Health" scene first. They don't change anything in the battery or palm. If the service fails you get an errormessages.
    Thank you somline. I shall install this now and run it later today. I'll be sure to get back and post results, and hopefully not lots of questions
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    is it a good idea to calibrate a brand new battery? i always forget what the common practice is with a new battery...do you charge it first or let it discharge completely efore you charge it
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    I made it to 75% the it said it was interrupted and thay was it. Happen to anyone else?
  15. CFC
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    EDIT: The top bar % is not the real actual %. Dr. Battery is reading the real value. (There is a patch for getting the real value in top bar).
    Can someone please point me to this patch?

Thanks,
    CFC
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwonka75 View Post
    I made it to 75% the it said it was interrupted and thay was it. Happen to anyone else?
    Did you set the Health to 100%? If not please do so. Seems you are suffering on the "overcharge fault" check of webOS.
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by CFC View Post
    Can someone please point me to this patch?

Thanks,
    CFC
    I don't use it but it's the "Show Actual Battery Percent" patch. Search in preware for it.
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    is it a good idea to calibrate a brand new battery? i always forget what the common practice is with a new battery...do you charge it first or let it discharge completely efore you charge it
    Sorry I think you ask before.
    I don't think it's a good idea. I never tried it. I would use a new battery at least one month (EDIT before calibrating). But thats just my feeling. Maybe you find an answer in the www.
    EDIT: I will try it on my 1 week seldom used Palm battery and report back.
    Last edited by somline; 09/01/2010 at 09:57 AM.
    When I try to run this app, I get the following error:

de.somline.drbatterysrv is not running.

I looked at my installed packages and the drbattery service is there. What am I doing wrong?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    When I try to run this app, I get the following error:

de.somline.drbatterysrv is not running.

I looked at my installed packages and the drbattery service is there. What am I doing wrong?
    How did you install? Did you do the java-restart after install? Preware is asking you for doing it after install. You can choose "yes" or "later"
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast