Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384344454647484950 LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 981
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #941  
    Hello Dr Somline.

    Can you tell me what % is considered "normal" battery drain?
    I have a Pre2 and I feel that after updating to 2.2.4 the battery has worsened.
    So, what are approximately the "normal" values per hour for the following cases without any use, just being idle?
    1. Phone on - 3G - WiFi off
    2. Phone on - WiFi On
    3. Phone on - 3G On
    Also, is there a way to check if something is running in the background? I feel that may be the case.
  2. #942  
    I'm thinking Dr. Battery may help me diagnose the problems I am having with my new Mugen Pre3 battery but I can't seem to find it to install it. Is it still in the WebOS internals feed in preware? It's not showing up for me.

    Can someone point me to an ipk maybe?

    Thanks.
  3. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #943  
    Just checked it and it's in the webOS Internals feed for me.
  4. #944  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Just checked it and it's in the webOS Internals feed for me.
    Ah, I found it but only after turning off app tuckerbox and enabling the testing feeds. Odd.
  5. #945  
    I sent a message to somline, but since getting 2.2.4 on my pre 2, when i try to edit the battery mAh capacity, when I hold in over the number it wont let me edit it. It just says to enter a valid number 500 to 5000, but wont let me enter the mAh manually.

    I have a Seidio 2600 extended and calibrated it and it said 2300, but it goes from 100 to 0 and stays at 0 for quite awhile. I think it may be 2600 and wanted to set it manually.
  6.    #946  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Hello Dr Somline.

    Can you tell me what % is considered "normal" battery drain?
    I have a Pre2 and I feel that after updating to 2.2.4 the battery has worsened.
    So, what are approximately the "normal" values per hour for the following cases without any use, just being idle?
    1. Phone on - 3G - WiFi off
    2. Phone on - WiFi On
    3. Phone on - 3G On
    Also, is there a way to check if something is running in the background? I feel that may be the case.
    Sorry I don't use my pre2 atm since I have a Veer and a Pre3. You may ask/search for this info in a different thread.
  7.    #947  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I sent a message to somline, but since getting 2.2.4 on my pre 2, when i try to edit the battery mAh capacity, when I hold in over the number it wont let me edit it. It just says to enter a valid number 500 to 5000, but wont let me enter the mAh manually.

    I have a Seidio 2600 extended and calibrated it and it said 2300, but it goes from 100 to 0 and stays at 0 for quite awhile. I think it may be 2600 and wanted to set it manually.
    This is a bug of Dr.Battery. I had a hard time to get the "tap and hold" -> "edit" work. They changed something and my ugly code is not working anymore.
    I will try to fix it.
  8. #948  
    cant find this on my pre 3 preware
  9. #949  
    I love Dr.Battery. Any chance for calibration support for Pre3?
    - Alan
    Palm III, Palm Vx, Palm TX, Palm Pre (Sprint), Palm Pre3(AT&T/ebay)
  10. #950  
    Quote Originally Posted by alangant View Post
    I love Dr.Battery. Any chance for calibration support for Pre3?
    No

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  11.    #951  
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    No
    Thanks for this short version ;-) and here is why (even though for TP it's the same for Pre3 and Veer)
  12. #952  
    Quote Originally Posted by alangant View Post
    I love Dr.Battery. Any chance for calibration support for Pre3?
    Thanks for the quick replies. Well, I seem to have mangled my Pre3's battery health, which is why I was hoping to get calibration. Dr. Battery now shows 50% as health, or only 609 mAh. When I tap and hold on the 50%, I get an immediate error, telling me the health must be a number between 50 and 100. I have done a full-circle discharge and then charge; the discharge went for hours after reporting 0%, and stopped charging on the way back up at less than 700 mAh.

    Is there a way to see the actual value for health on a Pre3, or to "set" the value to a more reasonable value? (I don't have the previous value written down anywhere, but I think health was in the 90-95% range.) I am comfortable drilling down into the linux files and editing.

    Thanks for any suggestions!
    - Alan
    Palm III, Palm Vx, Palm TX, Palm Pre (Sprint), Palm Pre3(AT&T/ebay)
  13.    #953  
    Quote Originally Posted by alangant View Post
    Well, I seem to have mangled my Pre3's battery health, which is why I was hoping to get calibration. Dr. Battery now shows 50% as health, or only 609 mAh. When I tap and hold on the 50%, I get an immediate error, telling me the health must be a number between 50 and 100. I have done a full-circle discharge and then charge; the discharge went for hours after reporting 0%, and stopped charging on the way back up at less than 700 mAh.

    Is there a way to see the actual value for health on a Pre3, or to "set" the value to a more reasonable value? (I don't have the previous value written down anywhere, but I think health was in the 90-95% range.) I am comfortable drilling down into the linux files and editing.

    Thanks for any suggestions!
    Sorry to hear that and welcome to the club.
    As of now the only possibility known would be connecting the Pre3 battery to a pre-/+/2 Pixi-/+ and run Dr.Battery there.
    This has already be done with a veer as described here.
    You should run the battery test from device info app menu and contact HP to get a replacement. If this is not possible buy a mugen.
    sorry I did my best to find a way.
    I just send out another mail/pm to a HP employee requesting a way to solve this problem.
    Last edited by somline; 01/27/2012 at 03:25 PM.
  14. #954  
    thanked
    somline likes this.
  15. #955  
    well there is a person on the Chinese local forum whose battery also suffered from 50% problem (and draining very fast - through his messages log) and I have a 1500 mAh battery which can be charged correctly to about 1450 but the MFR reported don't get updated (still my old stock battery, 1218).

    I thought that I can solve those problems through Dr. Battery, but I can't modify anything in Health tab in Dr. Battery. It always says the value must be between 50 and 100 before I even see any interfaces to lemme input any values ( I suppose enabling mfr modifying is also done through that interface? I digged the source code but didn't dare to change it (false -> true)

    is it because of that A6 or whatsoever that caused Dr. Battery not being able to change those things or just the system? I thought at least I can see the modifying interface before I get errors...

    [OT]
    sorry for my English, and any suggestions about my grammar is highly appreciated as well
  16.    #956  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrxff View Post
    well there is a person on the Chinese local forum whose battery also suffered from 50% problem (and draining very fast - through his messages log) and I have a 1500 mAh battery which can be charged correctly to about 1450 but the MFR reported don't get updated (still my old stock battery, 1218).
    )
    My english isn't better than yours.
    The MFR will never change on each device/battery. This is the value programmed by the manufacturer.
    What will change is the health value.

    What device do you have?
    You can't change anything on a Veer, Pre3 or TouchPad. I haven't found a way.
  17. #957  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    My english isn't better than yours.
    The MFR will never change on each device/battery. This is the value programmed by the manufacturer.
    What will change is the health value.

    What device do you have?
    You can't change anything on a Veer, Pre3 or TouchPad. I haven't found a way.
    Well, I'm using Preł, so that means there is nothing I can do about it? Because of the incorrect MFR the system can't report correct percentage of my 1500 battery since the data is still my old battery's. It keeps report 100 at first then works like the old battery. Charging is not affected, though.

    EDIT: and on the info page of Health tab in Dr. Battery, it says the MFR can be changed (by a special means)?
  18. #958  
    I have a Pre Plus and just tried the calibration to see if it worked. From previously good 97% it has made the battery worse and is now at 87% Health. From 1183 mAh down to about 1000. Not what I intended to do. Might aswell just buy a new battery.
  19.    #959  
    There is some useful information on the Mugen site about how to prolong battery life:
    battery handling
    You don't have to watch the video, just scroll down.
    Please notice that the term "calibration" used on this site does not mean recalibrate the "health" value in the chip. It's more about reinitialize the chemicals in the battery. It will not change your health value.
  20.    #960  
    For those interested in what a fuel gauge is doing and how the battery calibrating is working here a good article: Battery Fuel Gauge: Factual or Fallacy? - Battery University

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions