Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Excellent info, thank you for the link !
  2.    #922  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Any plans to update the app to fix the resolution issue on the Pre3?
    OKok submitted a new version for Pre3 and TouchPad (touchpad version is kind of ugly but usable in fullscreen and landscape).
    Still no calibration on Veer, Pre3 and TouchPad. Sorry.
    Tried 1/2 a day to find a way. Even wrote an email to palm developer.
    I'm calibrating my phone for the 2nd time. I had good results after the 1st but am experiencing a 50-60% battery drain in one (1) hour without usage. I keep BTooth turned off but WiFi on. My brightness is turned down & my email retrieval is essentially off. No music, no phone calls, no texts & a huge drain! UGH!

What is the name of the app which helps turn off various apps/services which are reducing your battery?

Thanx in advance...
  4.    #924  
    50-60% in one hour? What is the health of the battery? Modeswitcher is such app wich lets you do various things depending on various situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    50-60% in one hour? What is the health of the battery? Modeswitcher is such app wich lets you do various things depending on various situations.
    Mfg 1183, phone 1136, Dr. Battery reads 96% charge when "phone" shows 100%. TY on the tip re: Modeswitcher

BTW, we have been trading emails...so disregard the most recent one I sent you...Thx!
  6.    #926  
    There is something completely wrong with your phone. Modeswitcher or what ever app may help a little.
    Can you install lumberjack (preware) and have a look into the logfiles?
    EDJt: thanks for pointing me to our emails.
    EDIT2: what is the health value of the battery?
    There is something completely wrong with your phone. Modeswitcher or what ever app may help a little.
    Can you install lumberjack (preware) and have a look into the logfiles?
    EDJt: thanks for pointing me to our emails.
    EDIT2: what is the health value of the battery?
    Phone is calibrating rite now, battery health=96%, mfg 1183, calculated: 1136.

I will download lumberjack & look @ logfiles....any thing specific I should look for?

Sherry
    BTW, I installed a Christmas theme, would that drain battery?
    Last edited by sherryterry1; 12/11/2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: added ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sherryterry1 View Post
    Phone is calibrating rite now, battery health=96%, mfg 1183, calculated: 1136.

I will download lumberjack & look @ logfiles....any thing specific I should look for?

Sherry
    BTW, I installed a Christmas theme, would that drain battery?
    2nd Calibration interrupted....I accidentally tapped phone into airplane mode & it stopped! LOL I have downloaded LumberJack..LMK what you want info you want....I've got a ton of "events" showing in the log
  9.    #929  
    Ups did I missed your posts? No email notification arrived.
    Dr.Battery does not enhance battery live. It will fix the sudden drop to 0% and shutdown problem a lot of pre-/+ pixi-/+ pre2 users know of. If you don't have such problem and a health of 96% it's not worth the trouble.
    Check out these threads: I have summarized in this post:
    Pre 2 Battery Drain
    There are a couple of reasons someone gets a very short battery life:
    1. Battery has a bad or uncorrected health value
    2. An app gots stuck in trying to do something. I had once the problem that email could not get one particular email and tried to fetch it in an endless loop. Then the device can't sleep and will eat your battery
    3. Hardware problem e.g. with modem. Some hardware is preventing your device from sleeping. See my links above.

It's hard to find out, but in the links I gave you there are some tips how to find out if you have number 3. For number 2 you can try lumberjack. And number 1 would be Dr.B.
  10.    #930  
    The benefit of open source and a community, where you openly share knowledge with others is that every(developer)one can learn from and reuse the work of someone else.
    I used the knowledge and infrastructure from Rod and code from preware to build Dr.Battery.

And now you can reuse Dr.Battery for an very nice app, build by Garrett:
    [Enyo Devices] Battery Widget

It runs on TP,Pre3 and Pre2 (with bing maps update/enyo).
    I like it, you should try it, and consider a donation (does he has a donation button?).

We are one family ;-)
    Last edited by somline; 12/13/2011 at 11:44 AM.
    Ups did I missed your posts? No email notification arrived.
    Dr.Battery does not enhance battery live. It will fix the sudden drop to 0% and shutdown problem a lot of pre-/+ pixi-/+ pre2 users know of. If you don't have such problem and a health of 96% it's not worth the trouble.
    Check out these threads: I have summarized in this post:
    Pre 2 Battery Drain
    There are a couple of reasons someone gets a very short battery life:
    1. Battery has a bad or uncorrected health value
    2. An app gots stuck in trying to do something. I had once the problem that email could not get one particular email and tried to fetch it in an endless loop. Then the device can't sleep and will eat your battery
    3. Hardware problem e.g. with modem. Some hardware is preventing your device from sleeping. See my links above.

It's hard to find out, but in the links I gave you there are some tips how to find out if you have number 3. For number 2 you can try lumberjack. And number 1 would be Dr.B.
    Sorry I have not updated. Work, imagine that! Anyway, I pulled the battery out of my Pre Plus & put it in my Pre 2, works like a champ! Have calibrated it, shows excellent health! Must have been a bad battery in the Pre 2 from the factory. Thanx for all your help & support!

I'll use the above recommendations to further streamline the phone performance!
  12.    #932  
    Quote Originally Posted by sherryterry1 View Post
    Sorry I have not updated. Work, imagine that! Anyway, I pulled the battery out of my Pre Plus & put it in my Pre 2, works like a champ! Have calibrated it, shows excellent health! Must have been a bad battery in the Pre 2 from the factory. Thanx for all your help & support!

I'll use the above recommendations to further streamline the phone performance!
    Strange but glad it works. Never heard that.. Thanks for the update.
    Ive used Dr Battery many times and its great. I recently got an ebay 2250mah battery for a replacement to my seidio. It only read as 1183 capacity and the health was a little below. I ran it down from an overnight charge to 0% and it stayed at 0% for like 4 hours or something. So I reset the health in the app, but whenever I try to calibrate it, it skips over the voltage #. I tried all 3 settings and it just skips the voltage amount and sometimes if I plug it in close to the voltage to prevent a shutdown, it will then go to awaiting 3.393 voltage, but wont hit that either. Any insight?
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Ive used Dr Battery many times and its great. I recently got an ebay 2250mah battery for a replacement to my seidio. It only read as 1183 capacity and the health was a little below. I ran it down from an overnight charge to 0% and it stayed at 0% for like 4 hours or something. So I reset the health in the app, but whenever I try to calibrate it, it skips over the voltage #. I tried all 3 settings and it just skips the voltage amount and sometimes if I plug it in close to the voltage to prevent a shutdown, it will then go to awaiting 3.393 voltage, but wont hit that either. Any insight?
    which device?
    The battery will go into my frankenpre2, but I am trying to do the calibration on a spare pre I've calibrate other batteries before on, you think to try another device? i just dont have it on my main device because I am using it for work...
  16.    #936  
    Hi RyanCell,
    you seem to have got one of that cheap chinese batteries. Their chip is wrong programed.
    I don't think you will get it calibrated by just setting the health to 100%.
    I know it's a pain to drain such a battery and find the short spot to insert the charger.

There is one thing you can try, but I will not guaranty that it will work/not kill the battery.
    Some members did it without any problem. I have no report about a killed battery by doing this.
    You can set the manufacturer rating (MFR) to the rated capacity.
    I will send you the secret to do so.

After that you may get the battery calibrated.
    Here the story of one:
    Hey I've been searching around your forms for the reset code for the batterys manufacter rating. I just can't find it. I need the code so I can resest it to 2600 mAh. It thinks I have installed a 1150 mAh battery. I've already calibrated it and still thinks it's a 1150mAh battery. I would love some help on this or at least the code and instuctions on this matter.
    I tried it and it works perfectly. Now my battery meter is correct and it went through calibration without a hitch. Thanks for everything
    EDIT: I had one report of a write protected chip where the dr.b. was unable to reprogram it.
    Last edited by somline; 12/14/2011 at 03:09 PM.
    Thanks somline, I did what you stated, and changed it to the recommended 2250mah as stated on the battery. Upon restart its back at 1183 for the manufactured rating. It gave me the prompts to accept, then said to reset. I even tried setting it to 2000mah and it always goes back to 1183. Any other ideas? Thanks again!
  18.    #938  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Thanks somline, I did what you stated, and changed it to the recommended 2250mah as stated on the battery. Upon restart its back at 1183 for the manufactured rating. It gave me the prompts to accept, then said to reset. I even tried setting it to 2000mah and it always goes back to 1183. Any other ideas? Thanks again!
    Sorry but then you are number two with a writeprotected chip. Nothing I can do.
    The chip has the option to wtite protect it by the manufacturer. Then live with the "extra" energy at 0%.
    That sucks, i wonder if I get a trade on the battery if the replacement would have the same issue. I cant stand not knowing how long I have on the battery while it just stays at 0% for as long as it has left....and seidio's are too expensive...oh well. Thanks!
  20.    #940  
    Just found the post about the write protection: Dr. Battery