Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    ok thanks for that. I should have mentioned that I did not have any other apps running at the time.

I did think that freeTether was rather intensive on the battery, but wasn't sure what the acceptable level was. Using the voltage inverter, and wall adapter, I am able to keep my phone at 100% (or so it would lead me to believe).

T
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I kniw it unlikely, but any chance of making this work with the Pre3. It runs but conditioning is disabled for this device

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  3.    #903  
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I just got dr. battery installed on my firesale touchpad after.

It is showing a manufacturer rating of 5647mah, and a health of 99%, and never seems to charge beyond about 5300.

What confuses me is that HP's tech specs page states the battery should be 6300mah, so i figure i am missing out on ~15% battery life

My first thought is to wonder if there is any chance this is some kind of reporting error in dr battery? If not i guess i will have to get my touchpad exchanged by hp?
  5.    #905  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcknight View Post
    It is showing a manufacturer rating of 5647mah, and a health of 99%, and never seems to charge beyond about 5300.

What confuses me is that HP's tech specs page states the battery should be 6300mah, so i figure i am missing out on ~15% battery life

My first thought is to wonder if there is any chance this is some kind of reporting error in dr battery? If not i guess i will have to get my touchpad exchanged by hp?
    My TP shows:
    Health: 95%
    Manufacturer Rating: 6612
    Calculated Left: 6281

Looks like your battery isn't so good?

For the values as mentioned here:
    on the old devices Dr.Battery is reading the registers of the battery and calculates the corresponding values as described in the manual of the chip. So there I'm sure the values are right.
    In the new devices Dr.Battery has to read the values through the device driver files which are doing the calculation because there is no driver file for the registers anymore.
    Therefore I don't know how these values are calculated.
    I have seen reports about wrong capacity values while charging. I wouldn't be concerned about it.
    I will have a look into it on my veer.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Somline -

Whats your capacity left value under the actual tab?

Thanks,

K
  7.    #907  
    At 100% it shows around 5500mAh.
    As said I don't know how webOS is calculating these values anymore (no source avail).
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thanks..mines 5612
    Mine Health is.....

Manufactuer Rating: 6612 mAH
    Calculated Left: 6281 mAH
    95%

Using Govnah what is everyones "Battery Current" at when you ONLY have Govnah up with 100% brightness?
    Mine Health is.....

Manufactuer Rating: 6612 mAH
    Calculated Left: 6281 mAH
    95%

Using Govnah what is everyones "Battery Current" at when you ONLY have Govnah up with 100% brightness?
    How can I calibrate my seidio 2600 battery I've tried like 8 times and every time it charges clear up to 2747 mah which is way over manufacturing rating. I took screen captures once I get home I'll upload them.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  12.    #912  
    Hi knottsboy,
    It sounds like the overcharge protection from webOS (not the battery) has stopped charging and therefore calibrating. Also: The capacity readings while charging are often not precise.
    Did you reset health to 100%? What are the values for health and manufacturer rating?
    Last edited by somline; 09/16/2011 at 01:16 PM.
    I reset the health to 100 percent and the percent of battery charge doesn't change until it hits the manufacturer's rating of 2300 mah and below but everything I charge it, I open dr.battery and it says usually after a full nights charge around 2600mah
  14.    #914  
    Quote Originally Posted by knottsboy View Post
    I reset the health to 100 percent and the percent of battery charge doesn't change until it hits the manufacturer's rating of 2300 mah and below but everything I charge it, I open dr.battery and it says usually after a full nights charge around 2600mah
    Probably my english but I didn't understand that.
    You set health to 100, thats fine. "the percent of battery charge doesn't change"?
    I think I can't help you. Don't try to calibrate to often. It's not that good for the battery.
    Is something wrong with your battery? Do you get a sudden drop to 0%?
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Probably my english but I didn't understand that.
    You set health to 100, thats fine. "the percent of battery charge doesn't change"?
    I think I can't help you. Don't try to calibrate to often. It's not that good for the battery.
    Is something wrong with your battery? Do you get a sudden drop to 0%?
    No sudden drops I was sayin the battery percent doesn't come off of 100% until the battery hits 2300 mah and was wondering why the manufacurer rating was so low when there is more for the battery to use

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  16.    #916  
    Now I have the first report of a dying battery on a Veer.
    They said the new chip will make a calibration unnecessary.
    From support mails:
    I use Dr.Battery on my veer,this day I found it only 50%(caculated 468mAh),when I try to change 50% to 100%,it display a message telling me unsupported,what shall I do?
    The health scene show me "caculated left 468mAh",but "manufacturer rating 935mAh",I also run the battery test,and display "battery status:RED".
    Yes ,I have tried to do what you said,and the Actual scene is displaying "Capacity left:547mAh" now,but the Health scene is still displaying "50%"(Caculated eft 468mAh),I will try more and more,until "Capacity left:935mAh",XD
    Unfortunately I can't help. This battery needs to get exchanged.
    Last edited by somline; 11/09/2011 at 03:08 PM.
    Any plans to update the app to fix the resolution issue on the Pre3?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  18.    #918  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Any plans to update the app to fix the resolution issue on the Pre3?
    I'm just to lazy and I think this small black area doesn't reduce the functionality.
    But if you like feel free to do it (source code).
    Somline,
    Great program you have here, I find myself using it daily. When my phone (Pre +) is on the Touchstone charging, I use Dr. Battery to monitor the charging proccess, then remove it just as the Capacity Left mAh reading is as high as it will get before discharge begins. Kind of "peak charging" the battery. Then use until around 50 -60%, and recharge. So far the battery seems to run longer since I began this practice. Do you think I am taking the correct approach for prolonging the battery life or does it make no difference? Thanks for your insight.
  20.    #920  
    I think thats fine. You my try to drain even less than that (if possible).
    Good info here: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University