Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354041424344454647484950 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #881  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    I am at 31% now and it I reset the health the number doesn't change. What does reset health really do if the calibration fails at 100%? I am not seeing the logic. I have a 2250 battery but somehow the calibration fails at ~1400 and 100%
    Sorry I somehow mist your post:

Do you see 31% in the Health Scene? That should not be possible.
    What is your manufacturer rating?
  2.    #882  
    Quote Originally Posted by kpoverdorf View Post
    So go through a couple battery cycles, then calibrate? Or not calibrate at all.

It is normal that is discharges while in the touchstone?
    Yes go through a couple battery cycles. I think a calibration doesn't hurt as long as you get 100% out of it. Else rest Health to 100% and do the battery cycles.
    You can calibrate after the initial cycles.

It's independent of the touchstone. The device can't run from any charger. It always runs from the battery.
    EDIT: Not 100% true since you could exchange batteries whil on a charger.

So Palm decided to let the battery get charged to 100% then stop charging. Let it drain to 94/95% and then charge again. This cycle goes on as long as it's connected to a charger.
    Not the best idea I think.

EDIT: This is hidden by the way that the systemmenu top right still shows you 100% (if you don't have the patch installed) Dr.Battery shows the real value.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Yes go through a couple battery cycles. I think a calibration doesn't hurt as long as you get 100% out of it. Else rest Health to 100% and do the battery cycles.
    You can calibrate after the initial cycles.

It's independent of the touchstone. The device can't run from any charger. It always runs from the battery.
    EDIT: Not 100% true since you could exchange batteries whil on a charger.

So Palm decided to let the battery get charged to 100% then stop charging. Let it drain to 94/95% and then charge again. This cycle goes on as long as it's connected to a charger.
    Not the best idea I think.

EDIT: This is hidden by the way that the systemmenu top right still shows you 100% (if you don't have the patch installed) Dr.Battery shows the real value.
    That makes so much sense. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thank you for clearing all that up for me. I will do a few cycles then calibrate again. Thank you.
  4.    #884  
    Damn, I want such battery in my pre
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5.    #885  
    Support Request email:
    Listen I don't know what the hell is wrong this app, EVERYTIME I use the dr battery, and follow the directiions, the damn thing errors out!!!! Once @ 30% and once @ 15% and yes I have it in airplane mode, I obviously don't have ALL day and every single hour to turn off and calibrate the battery for this app. Fix the errors, that's all,thx
    Glad I have no app in the catalog and get such reviews ;-)
    Went through my battery cycles and then calibrated and the brand new battery is at 98%, 1159 of 1183... Is this to be expected?
    Damn, I want such battery in my pre
    That would be amazing...
  8.    #888  
    Went through my battery cycles and then calibrated and the brand new battery is at 98%, 1159 of 1183... Is this to be expected?
    This is the normal behavior. The battery is advertised as 1150mAh. and you got 1159. Thats perfect.
    It is recommended that the manufacturer should set the rating a bit higher as the real capacity.
  9.    #889  
    That would be amazing...
    Yea thats the touch pad ;-)

Yes. Just because it's new to *you* says nothing about how long it was sitting on a shelf in Taiwan...

M.
  11.    #891  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Yes. Just because it's new to *you* says nothing about how long it was sitting on a shelf in Taiwan...
    Hi Xanadu,
    nice you still follow my thread. See my post above. Tis is a real new palm battery and a perfect result.
    Yea thats the touch pad ;-)
    I figured that.... Wish I had one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Gotcha... In that case 2% is not a great loss.
    This is the normal behavior. The battery is advertised as 1150mAh. and you got 1159. Thats perfect.
    It is recommended that the manufacturer should set the rating a bit higher as the real capacity.
    That's smart on their part to account for the loss over time.
  14. LWI
    Hi Somline
    My Seidio 2600 started acting funny (sudden drops to 0%) about a week ago.
    The battery is about a year and a half old. Used in original PRE.
    I tried to re-calibrate, but I always get the error (interrupted....)
    I read all instructions, including many pages of this tread. Tried everything suggested.
    My conclusion so far (without porper calibration) is that I may be due to get a new battery. Is this normal duration for such battery (18 months) ?
    What brand would you recommend for this range (2600) ?

Thanks
    LWI
  15.    #895  
    Does it allways interrupt at same %?
    OK you allredy did:
    Battery pull (after shutdown)
    Original wall charger
    Airplane mode while calib
    maybe a new one: set screen brightnes to lowest
    don't run any other task (set mail, facebook,twitter) to manual

I will never understand why this never happends to me.

What is yor health? Did you set it to 100? What was it before?

My battery was at 60% after 8month.
    Yes I think 18Month is it. Some are more lucky for what ever reason.

I don't have such bigboy and cant recomend one. But I think you know that for the 1400 I suggest Mugen.
    Others are happy with the Seidio Monsters.

No spellchecker here. Sorry for the typos
    I just send him the "secret code" to change the "Manufacturer Rating".
    I think he changed the MFR from the initial 2300 to 2600
    I will send you both that code. But as always "do it on your own risk".
    Hi somline,
    I bought a 1520 MA of the battery,can you give me the "secret code",I'm going to chang the MFR.

Thank you very much...
  17.    #897  
    @fisher88 PM send.

Reminder to all:
    Everyone how knows the code can send it do everyone. Only reason for it is to make sure you change the MFR intentionally

It seems that there exist batteries, where the chip is write protected.
    You can't change anything on these batteries. Don't know if calibration works there.
    First time if heard this:
    Originally Posted by Pooky
    I set it but it doesnot hold it after I change scene or reboot it.
  18. LWI
    Does it allways interrupt at same %?
    OK you allredy did:
    Battery pull (after shutdown)
    Original wall charger
    Airplane mode while calib
    maybe a new one: set screen brightnes to lowest
    don't run any other task (set mail, facebook,twitter) to manual

I will never understand why this never happends to me.

What is yor health? Did you set it to 100? What was it before?

My battery was at 60% after 8month.
    Yes I think 18Month is it. Some are more lucky for what ever reason.

I don't have such bigboy and cant recomend one. But I think you know that for the 1400 I suggest Mugen.
    Others are happy with the Seidio Monsters.

No spellchecker here. Sorry for the typos
    Thanks for the prompt reply.
    - did all that, yes
    - I keep the brightness at 10% most of the time
    - I did reset the health to 100. Dont recall the number, but I think is was somewhat low.
    - I need reliability, so, given the age of the bty, I will order a new one.
    Thanks

LWI
    My apologies if this has been covered, there are 45 (times 20 posts) pages to go through here. I tried to calibrate my battery, and when it gets down to the final mA, as soon as it tells me to plug in the charger, it dies. I was even sitting beside the wall socket, with the charger already connected to the phone, and the plug inches from the wall, and still couldn't do it fast enough. My battery health is good, I've only had my (current) phone for maybe two months.

I'm using a BellMo 1.4.5 Pre- and use Uberkernel SS1K/500.

I have been using freeTether for the last month 5 nights a week, 10-12 hours per night. My phone has been charging in the truck via a power inverter and using the proper cord/wall adapter.

It seems that my phone will only last about 3 hours before dying, with only freeTether running and the screen off. According to Govnah, the drain is anywhere between 400-700 mA, on average. BT, GPS are off.

Suggestions?
  20.    #900  
    Apology accepted ;-)
    This is THE problem with calibrating and I think almost on each page you can find such report and suggestions. Same is true for this page. Some posts up you will find suggestions (although this was a different roblem).
    You can set the starting voltage to a higher number (in the appmenu).
    Don't run any app and especially not freeTether since it drains the battery so fast that you haven’t enough time to plug in the charger.
    Pull the battery once (after clean shutdown).

For your other Question:
    If you drain the battery with say 500mAh and your battery has 1250mAh that’s pure mathematic:
    1250/500=2.5 hours.
    FreeTether and tethering in general is the biggest drainer you can think of. It drains so much that even charging at the same time lets the battery drain.