Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 343940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Can the Dr. battery app be used on a Verizon Touch Pro 2 running Windows 6.5? I am trying to calibrate a Mugen 3200 on the TP2 and am having trouble downloading the file. I keeep geyting "file not found" on the website. Thanks, George
    Quote Originally Posted by gcking View Post
    Can the Dr. battery app be used on a Verizon Touch Pro 2 running Windows 6.5? I am trying to calibrate a Mugen 3200 on the TP2 and am having trouble downloading the file. I keeep geyting "file not found" on the website. Thanks, George

???

No. This is a webOS app. Windows doesn't run Linux...

M.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    @Somline - I am calibrating my Mugen 1400 mAH battery, which has been behaving odd of late - going from full to half in moments.

First, the calibration mode turned on at higher than the default Voltage, but I guess the Learning mode goes on at different voltages depending on the manufacturer (?)

Anyway, it started charging, but now it seems stuck at 46%. (by the way, the battery meter in the Palm menu says it's at 100%!) It climbed steadily, but now it's been at that level for a couple of hours... I've got flight mode on, screen is on as well. It's a Pre2. The Calibration screen still says "don't disconnect the charger"... Is this supposed to happen?
    I was expecting to be using the phone much sooner...

Thanks!
  4.    #864  
    Quote Originally Posted by LazPL View Post
    @Somline - I am calibrating my Mugen 1400 mAH battery, which has been behaving odd of late - going from full to half in moments.

First, the calibration mode turned on at higher than the default Voltage, but I guess the Learning mode goes on at different voltages depending on the manufacturer (?)

Anyway, it started charging, but now it seems stuck at 46%. (by the way, the battery meter in the Palm menu says it's at 100%!)
    The charging (and so the calibrating) will end at around 50mA (current).
    What is your current. It looks like the battery is toast to me.

Please be patient. I excpect a health of 50% unfortunately.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    The charging (and so the calibrating) will end at around 50mA (current).
    What is your current. It looks like the battery is toast to me.

Please be patient. I excpect a health of 50% unfortunately.
    Thanks Somline!
    The current readout is:

46%

V=4.192
    Curr=103.3 mA
    Temp=34 C
    Capa=649.6 mAh

... and the Pre2 says it's fully charged...
    I will check closely but I think those figures have been like that for a while...
    So, patience or interrupt?
    Thanks!
  6.    #866  
    It should stop in minutes. If not there is something strange with your battery. If you interrupt your health would not be corrected.

EDIT: sorry I didn't read.
    Your current is 100. Then it will take much more time e.g.1/2 hour.
    This battery is almost dead. How old is it?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    It should stop in minutes. If not there is something strange with your battery. If you interrupt your health would not be corrected.

EDIT: sorry I didn't read.
    Your current is 100. Then it will take much more time e.g.1/2 hour.
    This battery is almost dead. How old is it?
    I got it half a year ago. I think I started having issues after my phone suddenly got very hot and the battery charge went towards zero with the charger plugged in. Right now, about an hour after the above post, the values are exactly the same. By the way, I'm on the wall charger...
    So, interrupt? I think all in all it's been like this now for 2-3 hours.
    Thanks Somline!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Well, that's it. I need to start using the phone, so I'll shut down Dr. Battery. I was happy with the Mugen battery until recently. I ordered two back in December, one was dead out of the box, the other one was good for 6 months as you can see above. Mugen has offered to replace them free of charge, so I'll take them up on that offer I guess...
  9.    #869  
    Quote Originally Posted by LazPL View Post
    Well, that's it. I need to start using the phone, so I'll shut down Dr. Battery. I was happy with the Mugen battery until recently. I ordered two back in December, one was dead out of the box, the other one was good for 6 months as you can see above. Mugen has offered to replace them free of charge, so I'll take them up on that offer I guess...
    Sorry was not on internet. No problem to interrupt but then no calibration.
    Sorry for your problems with Mugen good they replacem them.
    My battery has been at 0% for almost an hour now and it has not dropped below 3.5xx Volts....

Stock battery ~couple years old
    63% Health
    1183 mAh rating
    745 left

Whats that all about?
  11.    #871  
    Be patient. A sign that you need a calibration. If it fails set the health to 100% and try again.
    Maybe you are lucky and can get more than 63%.
    Be patient. A sign that you need a calibration. If it fails set the health to 100% and try again.
    Maybe you are lucky and can get more than 63%.
    Thank you for your quick reply.

During the calibration process does it need to charge all the back to 100% If so I will have to abandon this calibration until later. There's no way it will charge fully before I have to leave work.

I rarely ever have issues with my battery since I keep it on the touchstone the majority of the day. But I recently had it drop from ~65% - 0%. Which is why I found you app.
  13.    #873  
    Quote Originally Posted by kpoverdorf View Post
    Thank you for your quick reply.

During the calibration process does it need to charge all the back to 100% If so I will have to abandon this calibration until later. There's no way it will charge fully before I have to leave work.

I rarely ever have issues with my battery since I keep it on the touchstone the majority of the day. But I recently had it drop from ~65% - 0%. Which is why I found you app.
    Yes uninterrupted to 100%. Then do it later.
    But this battery seems to have reach it's end. You should consider to buy a new one from Amazon for aprox 3$.
    Yes uninterrupted to 100%. Then do it later.
    But this battery seems to have reach it's end. You should consider to buy a new one from Amazon for aprox 3$.
    Yea, it finally prompted me to place on charger... So i did. I do what my phone tells me

I ordered a couple batteries from the Zon a bit ago. Can't pass up 3 bucks a pop.

Thanks.
    Went from 63% health to 50%. I read earlier that the "chip" doesn't recognize anything below 50% so I am probably below 50% life. Waiting on my new battery.
  16.    #876  
    Thanks for reporting. At least you got it calibrated. Yes 50% is the limit.
    Good you alredy ordered a new one.
    This sounds like a dated info in the battery chip. You did it right. If you try the calibration again now with health set to 100% it should work.

EDIT: The top bar % is not the real actual %. Dr. Battery is reading the real value. (There is a patch for getting the real value in top bar).
    EDIT2: As written in the info page: The palm has its own "over charge" prevention which may get out of sync with the info the battery is reporting to webOS. That means the palm is terminating the charge (not the battery) Setting health to 100% and recalibrating should repair this.
    EDIT3: You can proof EDIT2 look into /var/log/messages and find a line like this:
    Code:
    powerd}: CHG_LOGIC: BatteryOverchargeFault overcharge diag: 
    raw = (1265.62) > 1006f (full_mAh [1350] * age [93.75] / 100) = (1265.62))
    I am at 31% now and it I reset the health the number doesn't change. What does reset health really do if the calibration fails at 100%? I am not seeing the logic. I have a 2250 battery but somehow the calibration fails at ~1400 and 100%
    I put my new battery in last night and calibrated it. The battery life is at 100%. The kicker is it never charges to 100% and today I had it on the charger and it went from 99% to 96% while charging. This battery is acting funky. I don't actually notice a difference in how quickly it dies, yet. Seems on par with my old battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpoverdorf View Post
    I put my new battery in last night and calibrated it. The battery life is at 100%. The kicker is it never charges to 100% and today I had it on the charger and it went from 99% to 96% while charging. This battery is acting funky. I don't actually notice a difference in how quickly it dies, yet. Seems on par with my old battery.

Two things:

You shouldn't be calibrating a BRAND NEW battery. You should do a few FULL discharge/charge cycles first, like the documentation with thee battery says.

Second, if you have the "show actual percent" patch installed, this is exactly what you'll *see*. The battery is acting normally.

M.
    So go through a couple battery cycles, then calibrate? Or not calibrate at all.

It is normal that is discharges while in the touchstone?