Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 333839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #841  
    Since I don't like open "cases" Cantaffordit finally got it.
    PM:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit
    it charged successfully. It set my battery to 93% health, which is what I wanted to know. Brand new Pre2 and Pre2 battery has lost about 7% life in just over 2 months of heavy use and multiple charges per day. That's pretty good!

thanks again for your guidance!
  2.    #842  
    Thanks to Derek we know now that the Veer has the new interface to the battery.
    So dr.battery will not run on the veer:
    EDIT: New version supports reading of the values on the Veer. No calibration yet.

By somline on Wed, 11 May 2011 2:53 pm EDT
    To sad you didn't try dr.battery.
    It would be very nice if you could do that. No calibration just start the app and see if you get an error msg.
    Thanks

By Derek Kessler on Wed, 11 May 2011 3:19 pm EDT new
    Error, Cannot open /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/w1_master_slaves

By somline on Thu, 12 May 2011 2:10 am EDT new
    Thanks a lot Derek, seems to be the new (still unknown) chip and battery interface.
    Last edited by somline; 06/03/2011 at 02:45 AM.
  3.    #843  
    OK, I speak german and my english is not too bad.
    But I've got this support request by email:
    手机电池待机时间太短太短这几天_测出来又貌似电池是健康的_求帮助啊_还有求推荐第三方的大容量电池_可以待机很长时间滴_谢谢啊.
    Google translated it to:
    Mobile phone battery standby time is too short is too short these days _ and seemingly out of the battery test is a healthy _ ah _ also ask for help recommend third-party high capacity batteries can standby for a long time drops _ _ Thank you ah.
    My answer:
    I translated your mail with google.
    As far as I understood you could calibrate the battery and you are asking about batteries with more mAh.
    The best battery in the same size as the original is the mugen 1400.
    [HLI-PRESL] Buy Mugen Power 1400mAh Extended Battery For Palm Pre, Palm Pre 2 and Palm Pixi
    You can get much bigger batteries but than you hav do use a different back cover and can't use the touch stone anymore.
    So please send request only in german or english ;-)
  4.    #844  
    高级大厨, a member of bbs.zoopda.com patched Dr.Battery for chinese and wrote a nice manual how to use it.
    Nice work. Thank you.
    [技巧] 使用DR battery的一点心得!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I think I'm recalibrating my battery correctly.

To reassure me please tell me what my Pre should be "doing" while it is calibrating the battery.

My Pre is currently "off" save for the led bar that is lit.

Is this correct? If so how long does the calibration take?
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide-NYC View Post
    I think I'm recalibrating my battery correctly.

To reassure me please tell me what my Pre should be "doing" while it is calibrating the battery.

My Pre is currently "off" save for the led bar that is lit.

Is this correct? If so how long does the calibration take?
    Excellent, the less it "does" the faster it charges and so the calibration.

You may turn it on from time to time to see how it goes

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Well, after entering calibration mode and shutting down I left my phone in the state described in my previous post (seemingly off with the led bar on) for three hours.

I decided to try turning on the device to see how it was going but now I only get the "low battery charging" icon. Was it not charging this whole time?

Totally confused...
  8.    #848  
    You got hit by the "I don't read so I have no clue" logic.
    I've tried to make the calibration as easy as possible, but you still have to know (read) some steps.
    From the first post of this thread:
    How to use:
    Please use the infobutton on each scene for help
    Please use the wall charger only. There are problems with using USB to charge.
    To start the calibration, best to start with a battery at e.g.10-20%. Then disconnect the charger/tuchstone let it go down to 0%. The app (hopefully) will tell you to connect the charger (10-30 seconds) before shutdown. Be patient.
    If calibrations fails immediately after connecting the charger please take out the battery for a few seconds and try again.
    If the pre shuts down before you could connect the charger please change the Voltage for the calibration start in the app menu.
    If calibration fails at > (Your actual Health) please set the health to 100% as if it's a new battery and recalibrate again. The setting can be changed in the app menu of the recalibration scene
    If this doesn't help put the phone in airplane mode and don't use it while calibrating.
    There is also the "I" button top right in the calibrate scene of the app where it tells you what to do.

If you have still problems after reading feel free to ask here.
    What confirmation does one get when calibration mode is successfully entered into?
  10.    #850  
    What confirmation does one get when calibration mode is successfully entered into?
    You let go the battery down until you get "connect charger now"
    Than you need to very quickly connect the charger.
    The device needs to not shut down now and you should see "calibrating don't disconnect charger"
    When successful you get "calibration successfully finished"
    On error you see something like "ERROR calibrating interrupted"

Best is to switch airplane mode on during calibrating and use orig charger.
    Good luck
  11.    #851  
    New version 0.1.4 includes the A6 interface (Veer, Pre3 ....) but only reading the values.
    Calibration is not supported yet on the Veer.
    We don't know yet if calibration is necessary anymore (and even possible) on the new A6 fuelgauge.
    Last edited by somline; 06/03/2011 at 05:28 AM.
    Thank you Somline.

Only after increasing my "Start Voltage" to the highest setting was I able to achieve success.

I would suggest adding a brief description to the info menu along the lines of:
    The device needs to not shut down now and you should see "calibrating don't disconnect charger"
    Apparently, my Seidio 2600 mAh battery is at 50%.

Thanks again.
  13.    #853  
    Thank you Somline.

Only after increasing my "Start Voltage" to the highest setting was I able to achieve success.

I would suggest adding a brief description to the info menu along the lines of:

Apparently, my Seidio 2600 mAh battery is at 50%.

Thanks again.
    Thanks for feed back and the suggestion. I will include something like that in a new version but updated the first post.
    How old was this battery?
    Also remember, that 49/50% is the lowest possible value the chip can handle. So your battery may have even less.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    New version 0.1.4 includes the A6 Fuelgauge (Veer, Pre3? ....) but only reading the values.
    The A6 is not a fuel gauge. The fuel gauge is on the battery (you can see it in the Veer tear-down).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15.    #855  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The A6 is not a fuel gauge. The fuel gauge is on the battery (you can see it in the Veer tear-down).

-- Rod
    As always you are right ;-) Thanks for clarification.
    But as you know I read the values from the A6 device driver interface files.
    Since we don't have the kernel sources yet, it looks like the A6 is providing the interface to the battery chip. And I don't know what chip it is atm.
    I will clarify that in the first post.

BTW: I have the confirmation, that dr.battery works on the pre3 as well.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I thought it may be of interest to show the battery degradation over time for different types of batteries at different ages...

Below is how much health is left in the battery as of May.

2900 - 86% (Original Palm Pre Battery from October 2009)
    2901 - 56% Siedio
    2902 - 64% Siedio

1000 - 95% Siedio
    1001 - 77% Palm*
    1002 - 69% Palm*
    1003 - 90% Palm*
    1004 - 56% Palm*
    1005 - 95% Palm*

1100 - 97% Palm (Came with Pre 2)

*Came with refurbished or new Sprint Pre's or Verizon Pre Pluses, and Pixi's.

The batteries suffer from a lot of abuse, I often run them until they're dead. Sometimes going through as many as 5-6 in a day during the Pre/Pre Plus days.
    I just re-calibrated my Pre- with the Seido 2600 using the code somline sent me!

This three month old Seido hit 2586mAh. Good enough for me!!!

Thanks somline!!!!!!!!!!
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkOne View Post
    I just re-calibrated my Pre- with the Seido 2600 using the code somline sent me!

This three month old Seido hit 2586mAh. Good enough for me!!!

Thanks somline!!!!!!!!!!
    I would like more info - I have a Seido 2600 and I would like to know what you had to do with them to get this resolved.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I would like to try the code on my Mugen 2800 battery.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
  20.    #860  
    I just send him the "secret code" to change the "Manufacturer Rating".
    I think he changed the MFR from the initial 2300 to 2600
    I will send you both that code. But as always "do it on your own risk".