Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 313637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Listing says "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging.

Seller has 10+ of them with a good feedback rating.

I sent the seller an email explaining what I found. Let's see how they respond.

He won't be able to tell you how many months it was sitting in the back of a shelf in a hot warehouse somewhere in Taiwan after which it became "new" to him, is my point.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    He won't be able to tell you how many months it was sitting in the back of a shelf in a hot warehouse somewhere in Taiwan after which it became "new" to him, is my point.
    M.
    Is there a way to check the date code on a battery?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Is there a way to check the date code on a battery?

That I don't know. I was just thinking that myself. I'm not near a computer right now (and the Pre's screen is a bit small for "real" research...) or I'd ask Google that very same question.

M.
    I bought this battery on Ebay to replace my one year old Mugen 1400
    Battery For Palm Pre Centro 685 690 TREO 800W 1350mAh - eBay (item 400196220323 end time Mar-19-11 15:18:27 PDT)

I have successfully calibrated it twice.

Dr. Battery is showing Mfg rating at 1183 mAh. I forced a Health Reset and am seeing the battery 100% charged at 1183 mAh.

The printing on the Battery say 1350 mAh. Where are my other 167 mAh?

It also say for "PAM Centro 690" which makes me laugh.

For $8 if it has reasonable usage then I wont complain too much.
    Update: Vendor is sending me a replcement battery and told me to keep the old one. Hopefully the new battery will perform better.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  5.    #805  
    Thanks for the update. I don't expect the new battery will be diferent.
    I don't know any (real) extended battery in std size except the mugen and SOME Seidios.
    EDIT: and some amzer
    EDIT2: I have an cheap chinese 1200mAh or so battery. It had initially 1000mAh something and is degrading very fast. Every time I calibrate it has less. Even after just some days.
    My advice: Buy that cheap palm oem or a mugen. Don't trust that unnamed ebay stuff.
    Last edited by somline; 03/22/2011 at 02:22 AM.
    i used dr battery to calibrate my battery since i had a one time 30-0% incident while installing an app at preware, however i noticed that after the calibration process, my battery's actual health went down from 1100mah to 1081mah... which means less battery life for me, even if calibrated.

i hope dr. battery did not damage my battery and unit as well, temperature while calibrating reached 38 celsius also.

enlighten pls.

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by legion732 View Post
    i used dr battery to calibrate my battery since i had a one time 30-0% incident while installing an app at preware, however i noticed that after the calibration process, my battery's actual health went down from 1100mah to 1081mah... which means less battery life for me, even if calibrated.

i hope dr. battery did not damage my battery and unit as well, temperature while calibrating reached 38 celsius also.

enlighten pls.

thanks!
    Dr. Battery DOES NOT *DO* anything *TO* BATTERIES. It only SHOWS us lowly humans what the chip inside the battery is "naturally" doing on its own.

(read that sentence one more time)

What battery is it? What's the rated mAH?

Your battery was doing the Death Drop because it wasn't calibrated. When your screen said 30%, it was at 0%. That's why the Death Drop. It's probably about time to consider looking into replacing it and side-lining it to "spare duty".

The health went down because it's now properly calibrated. Batteries degrade over time. Some faster, some slower (quality of components and user care).

Your battery is getting old. That's the bottom line. The upside of this is that now you can trust the percent read out in the corner of your screen to be the TRUE value of what is left in the battery.

M.
  8.    #808  
    Thanks Xanadu ;-)

... which means less battery life for me, even if calibrated.
    That is not true. The battery life hasn't changed at all. The device will shutdown exactly at the same point when the voltage has reached approx 3,39V regardless what the (rest)capacity is showing.
    Only difference is now that the readings of the rest battery life are more precise.
    If this is a 1150mAh battery your battery is still good with 94%.
    It will loose each month of use some mAh.
    This is the "normal" temperature while charging an empty battery and is not related to Dr.B.
    I always suggested to slide a pre open during charge.

EDIT: The max temperature of theses batteries is 60C. But it's the best for the battery to stay at low temperatures.
    Last edited by somline; 03/31/2011 at 10:54 AM.
    I think Dr Battery is great. I have used it a number of times to fix a battery shutting down from 60% to 0%. I know I should get a new battery BUT I am waiting for a new WebOS Pre phone to be released.
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    it happened again. i left my phone at about 50-60% after downloading some apps at catalog, i also noticed the unit to be a bit hot, so i decided to go to bed. when i woke up, the phone was off, after turning it on, battery was at 34%, so i was assuming it still had the 30-0% shut off. would you recommend calibrating the battery again after just 3 days from last calibration?

or this is another case of random shutdown and not related to this thread. i also noticed govnah to be set at uberkernal default, whereas i use palm default.

thanks!
  11.    #811  
    Now your first post makes more sense to me.
    If you had this 20drop0 battery problem from 30% to 0% then your health had changed around 30% after calibrating. But you lost only around 2%.
    Also: After the drop your battery would be empty. But you had still 34% after boot.

This means it's not your battery. No need to calibrate again.

You have a different problem where the OS crashes or otherwise unexpected shuts down. I would try to look into /var/log/messages, find the time when the shutdown occur and search for errors.
  12.    #812  
    Very helpful. Much appreciated.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I just noticed I do not have Batterysrv installed. I have dr. Battery and it runs correctly but it doesn't seem to be acting right. When I try to install batterysrv via preware i get an error. has anyone experience this after upgrading to 2.1?
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    I just noticed I do not have Batterysrv installed. I have dr. Battery and it runs correctly but it doesn't seem to be acting right. When I try to install batterysrv via preware i get an error. has anyone experience this after upgrading to 2.1?
    You no longer need Batterysrv for 2.1, it comes bundled with the app.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  16.    #816  
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    Thanks my friend NuttyBunny ;-)
    ByterrySrv was a java service which is not working in webOS 2.1 any more.
    Therefore I ported it since version 0.1.2 to a C-Service bundled with the app.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    ahhh! I guess i should re-download the app. thanks I have a Mugen 2800 and 2 other batteries this app has become a staple in my tool chest.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    I just got a mugen 3800mAh battery that is only showing up as 3583 in dr battery. Once when charged it, the actual went up to 3822mAh before stopping. When I calibrate it, calibration stopped at 97% but the phone showed 100%. I would like to try changing the MFR to 3822 and recalibrate it to see if that helps. Can someone please send me the instructions on how to do this? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Thanks my friend NuttyBunny ;-)
    ByterrySrv was a java service which is not working in webOS 2.1 any more.
    Therefore I ported it since version 0.1.2 to a C-Service bundled with the app.
    Why is 'Batterysrv' still available for download, if it is not required anymore? I always have always been confused by this and keep doubting whether I need to download it or not.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 04/20/2011 at 03:23 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Just received a replacement AT&T Pre + and although the phone looked 'new', the battery itself is totally useless. Battery meter is showing it's capacity left: 50% - 592 mAh.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad