Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Anyone on WebOS 2.x having trouble finding Dr. Battery in the feeds?

I've added the correct feed, deleted it, and re-added it and I still can't find it.

I've downloaded the ipk directly and installed it through preware, so not a huge deal.. but I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same problem.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    One more:
    Assuming you used the new version 0.1.3: Do you think the new version improved the calibration so it has not shutdown to early?
    I can't say for sure. Initially I was using the older version and not doing the calibration in airplane mode. I updated to the newer version, switched to airplane mode and did a battery pull. So, that combination worked for me. Thanks for the tips!
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    No, I know that Dr. Battery didn't screw up my battery at all.

Can you reconcile these two statments you made though?

"Palm displays an "adjusted" battery life remaining, not the *actual*. That is why you see a difference in the two numbers"

and

"Now that it is properly calibrated, you can actually trust the % remaining number to be what is really left."

Think of it as the difference between these two slides:

(with "linear" being the middle, flat one you can't really see in this photo)

Palm's display "smooths" out the actual way the battery discharges. This is by no means accurate, just a visual of what I mean by "smooths".

M.
  4.    #784  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Anyone on WebOS 2.x having trouble finding Dr. Battery in the feeds?

I've added the correct feed, deleted it, and re-added it and I still can't find it.

I've downloaded the ipk directly and installed it through preware, so not a huge deal.. but I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same problem.
    If you'r using a developer version of webOS you need the new preware 1.5.4 from testing feed to see it.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post

Palm's display "smooths" out the actual way the battery discharges. This is by no means accurate, just a visual of what I mean by "smooths".

M.
    That image is PERFECT!

First, watching my battery discharge via Dr. Battery while waiting the battery to reach shutdown voltage the "wavey slide" is exactly what I saw.

Second, I needed the laugh.

Thanks!

M.
    Well, it looks like I'm still getting the "death drop" after doing the calibration. I ran the battery low on Friday evening and at 35%, it dropped to 0%. I recalibrated on Friday night and it said calibration was successful, but I ran the battery low again on Saturday and it dropped from 35% to 0% again. Maybe my battery is just too shot?
  7.    #787  
    Sorry for late response. I'm in Austria for a week and rooming is expensive.
    I don't know why you still have the death drop.
    But As said your Battery is realy bad.
    is it common, that the dr is making the phone very slow responding?

at the end 95% (webos said already 100%) i could not even start a new app and it needed a hour to charge the last 5% to 1140 mA (stock battery)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post
    is it common, that the dr is making the phone very slow responding?

at the end 95% (webos said already 100%) i could not even start a new app and it needed a hour to charge the last 5% to 1140 mA (stock battery)
    that hasn't been my experience
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Well after only about 3 months of use with a new battery bought from Amazon I calibrated just to see what would happen. The health of my battery reflected a much higher number before so and I'm a little bummed it is already at 88% after a calibration. My original (launch day Pre) battery at approx a year and half old was at 80% when I first discovered this app and if anything I use my phone less now that's it's been dialed for some time.
    Since they're still only around $3 I decided to purchase another one until the exciting new devices arrive this summer. (and of course, while ordering online I figured I might as well grab a few other goodies so I bought another TS + cord kit [$23.99] and new head phones [$2.45] along with it)
    I think I may calibrate the new one within the first week to see if what they're selling is legit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Everybody wants some!..
    The download link on the Dr.Battery main page appears to be broken/down. Does anyone know of an alternate download location for Dr.Battery?

Thanks.
  12.    #792  
    I tested the link and it's working.
    But it's easier to install with preware:
    Search for Dr.Battery or
    All Applications->System Utilities
    Last edited by somline; 03/13/2011 at 12:00 PM.
    Yesterday I failed at my first calibration attempt. After seeing my Pre- agonizing towards the required voltage, and hurying up for the charger next, it went on charging, uo to 60% or so.

And then, Dr. Battery said the calibration failed. I red a little in the included help, and perhaps will try again at a different voltage.

The thing is, I kept it charging up to 100%, which took ages: Actually, it wasn't the charger, but the USB port of my computer, which gives a lot LESS joice.

At night, I had to charge it again: This 100% charge lasted less than five hours! Can it be that charging with a PC is not only slower, but also incomplete, giving a false 100% readout?

By the way. can you really get a new battery for as low as three dollars? Wow, you lucky!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    By the way. can you really get a new battery for as low as three dollars? Wow, you lucky!
    Where are you located?
    US: NEW OEM PALM PRE PIXI PLUG BP1 BATTERY 3443W ORIGINAL - eBay (item 170552846246 end time Apr-12-11 17:13:28 PDT)

In Germany and the UK it's very expensive, though
    : Actually, it wasn't the charger, but the USB port of my computer, which gives a lot LESS joice.

At night, I had to charge it again: This 100% charge lasted less than five hours! Can it be that charging with a PC is not only slower, but also incomplete, giving a false 100% readout?

Well, welcome to the club.

Rough numbers:

Current spent on a Pre turned on: About 250mA
    Current delivered by USB: 500mA
    Current delivered by Wall Charger: 1000mA

Do the math for charging:
    USB: 250mA
    Charger: 750mA

So, the wall charger would charge 3 times faster than a USB port. And this is assuming your Pre isn't doing something else, for example, tethering, as it would draw even more current... Even the USB port sometimes can't overcome the discharge and it will sloooowly drain the battery (while tethering and doing other things).

And I just bought a new battery on Ebay, free shipping to Mexico over USPS and amazingly it only took a week to get here!!

I owe you the link right now, but look for it
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos
    Can you really get a new battery for as low as three dollars?
    Where are you located?
    Spain. Don't even know where to look to buy one!

Quote Originally Posted by nuttybunny
    the wall charger would charge 3 times faster than a USB port
    Sure, it took ages. But what puzzles me is that it indeed reached 100%, but that charge lasted very little. As if it wasn't 100% at all.
    Spain. Don't even know where to look to buy one!

Sure, it took ages. But what puzzles me is that it indeed reached 100%, but that charge lasted very little. As if it wasn't 100% at all.
    Well, if you get battery monitor from Preware you'll see that your Pre is misleading, it says 100% and it maybe has 95% or a bit less. There's a patch somewhere to show you the "real" capacity (as reported by the battery).

As for the batteries, Dealextreme.com has a cheap extended battery (2600mAh), but you may have a hard time calibrating it. It works if you don't overcharge it like me trying to make it report its real capacity

Look also on Ebay, maybe you can find baterries with cheap or even free shipping (sort them by Price+shipping)
    I bought this battery on Ebay to replace my one year old Mugen 1400
    Battery For Palm Pre Centro 685 690 TREO 800W 1350mAh - eBay (item 400196220323 end time Mar-19-11 15:18:27 PDT)

I have successfully calibrated it twice.

Dr. Battery is showing Mfg rating at 1183 mAh. I forced a Health Reset and am seeing the battery 100% charged at 1183 mAh.

The printing on the Battery say 1350 mAh. Where are my other 167 mAh?

It also say for "PAM Centro 690" which makes me laugh.

For $8 if it has reasonable usage then I wont complain too much.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    The printing on the Battery say 1350 mAh. Where are my other 167 mAh?
    Forgive me for being blunt, but, you bought a (probably) used battery on EBay and were expecting it to have 100% new/full life?

M.
    Forgive me for being blunt, but, you bought a (probably) used battery on EBay and were expecting it to have 100% new/full life?
    M.
    Listing says "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging.

Seller has 10+ of them with a good feedback rating.

I sent the seller an email explaining what I found. Let's see how they respond.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)