Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    well my calibration is complete and my stock 1183mAh battery is in worse shape than i thouyght good thing i jus ordered a new one maybe i shoulda got 2. it says my battery health is 63% i have had the same battery since i got my pre on 8/21/09 and i have been using overclocking kernels since they first came out. so im not so surprised. one thing i did notice was that my battery got to 85% charging during calibration and jus jumped to 100% and completed.
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    one thing i did notice was that my battery got to 85% charging during calibration and jus jumped to 100% and completed.
    If you got the "calibrating successful" message that means, that the health was corrected to the real value at that time.
  3. CFC
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    The message should have go away after 10-20 seconds. The LEARNF should have turn on. Do you still have that problem?
    Unfortunately it never went away.
    Because the message covered up the LED area, I can't tell whether it actually ever came on.
    I pulled the charger out, so it's discharging once again and I'll give it another try.

So to be clear, I should expect:
    1-message to connect charger appears
    2-I connect charger within 30-60 seconds
    3-Message should go away
    4-LEARNF should light up?
    5-Will it display something like "charging" or "calibrating" next to the battery graphic, under the percentage number?

I'll report again.

Thanks,
    CFC
    Last edited by CFC; 08/31/2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: clarification
    If you got the "calibrating successful" message that means, that the health was corrected to the real value at that time.
    yeah im ordering another battery right after i type this. i read somewhere that anyrthing below 80% is really bad. So i can retire this one for good lol
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by CFC View Post
    Unfortunately it never went away.
    Because the message covered up the LED area, I can't tell whether it actually ever came on.
    I pulled the charger out, so it's discharging once again and I'll give it another try.

So to be clear, I should expect:
    1-message to connect charger appears
    2-I connect charger within 30-60 seconds
    3-Message should go away
    4-LEARNF should light up?
    5-Will it display something like "charging" or "calibrating" next to the battery graphic, under the percentage number?

I'll report again.

Thanks,
    CFC
    all a yes. It will show "calibrating" next to the graphic. Really strange; tested 1000 times.
    BTW: You can close the app, still in calibrating mode and restart it. It should recognize the calibration mode at next start.
    Last edited by somline; 08/31/2010 at 07:04 PM.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    yeah im ordering another battery right after i type this. i read somewhere that anyrthing below 80% is really bad. So i can retire this one for good lol
    It's not "really bad" but that is the value batteries are considered "worn out". Really bad is 50-60% (it doesn't go beneath 50% even if it may have 30%).
    You can decide by yourself, if the runtime of the device is good enough for you.
    Quote from Page #1:
    "Influence:
    Service will not consume battery life (infect some at boot) if app is not running.
    You may get annoyed knowing the real capacity of your battery. Please don't blame me for that."

So what does "infect some at boot" mean ?
    I drained my battery down to 10%, the went to callibrate. The app said that it was waiting for the voltage to be 3.4 or less. The battery % went down to 1% and the calibration kicked in. The app said to plug in charger and do not interrupt. I turned off the phone radio to avoid getting calls that would interrupt the process..

it took about 75 minutes, the top bar percentage said 100%, but Dr. Battery app said 95%. The capacity mA continued to increase and the apps % continued to increase.

The app eventually reached 100%, and then stated that the callibration failed..

I then clicked the apps menu in the top left corner and clicked reset health..

I'm not sure why the callibration failed..

is there anything to post as far as errors or info to assist with troubleshooting?

sj
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNadeau View Post
    Quote from Page #1:
    "Influence:
    Service will not consume battery life (infect some at boot) if app is not running.
    You may get annoyed knowing the real capacity of your battery. Please don't blame me for that."

So what does "infect some at boot" mean ?
    The service is using the EXACT same mechanism as the FileMgsSrv from jason (infect I learned it from him by reading his code).
    At boot time the services needs to get registered at the (I think D-Bus system). That means there is some activity necessary.
    After that the services are doing nothing until the consuming app starts.
    I may delete this from the first post if it confuse some.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    I drained my battery down to 10%, the went to callibrate. The app said that it was waiting for the voltage to be 3.4 or less. The battery % went down to 1% and the calibration kicked in. The app said to plug in charger and do not interrupt. I turned off the phone radio to avoid getting calls that would interrupt the process..

it took about 75 minutes, the top bar percentage said 100%, but Dr. Battery app said 95%. The capacity mA continued to increase and the apps % continued to increase.

The app eventually reached 100%, and then stated that the callibration failed..

I then clicked the apps menu in the top left corner and clicked reset health..

I'm not sure why the callibration failed..

is there anything to post as far as errors or info to assist with troubleshooting?

sj
    This sounds like a dated info in the battery chip. You did it right. If you try the calibration again now with health set to 100% it should work.

EDIT: The top bar % is not the real actual %. Dr. Battery is reading the real value. (There is a patch for getting the real value in top bar).
    EDIT2: As written in the info page: The palm has its own "over charge" prevention which may get out of sync with the info the battery is reporting to webOS. That means the palm is terminating the charge (not the battery) Setting health to 100% and recalibrating should repair this.
    EDIT3: You can proof EDIT2 look into /var/log/messages and find a line like this:
    Code:
    powerd}: CHG_LOGIC: BatteryOverchargeFault overcharge diag: 
    raw = (1265.62) > 1006f (full_mAh [1350] * age [93.75] / 100) = (1265.62))
    Last edited by somline; 08/31/2010 at 08:39 PM.
    somline,

Don't restart java in the post install script of the service! It knocked out the network connection so Preware couldn't download the app itself.

I'll have to wait till tomorrow and QuickInstall it now since it's not showing in Preware.

M.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    somline,

Don't restart java in the post install script of the service! It knocked out the network connection so Preware couldn't download the app itself.

I'll have to wait till tomorrow and QuickInstall it now since it's not showing in Preware.

M.
    I was wandering about that the same. But it works fine with preware and webosQI (but not with internalz) and I took it from jason's code. So I was unsure this is necessary or not.
    Seems like all having tested my 0.1.0 version have problems seein the new version in preware.
    I was wandering about that the same. But it works fine with preware and webosQI (but not with internalz) and I took it from jason's code. So I was unsure this is necessary or not.
    Seems like all having tested my 0.1.0 version have problems seein the new version in preware.

It does work fine in Preware *IF* you do NOt hit "Update All" because Preware is smart enough to install the service FIRST which, because you force a java restart, knocks out the network so you can't download the app.

Preware is also smart enough to know on it's own that java needs to be restarted without you forcing it.

I used your old links and reinstalled with the URL install feature of Preware (which went fine). I then updated the service first and waited for the network to come back and then updated the app portion.

Fantastic work!

(yes, I've still been following this work, I've just been so damn busy with work and stuff, I can't even post here that often right now :-( )

M.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Waiting for my stock Palm battery to drain enough to 3.4v. However, I did plug in my Mugen 1400 battery and sure enough it's listed at 1150 for the manufacturer rating. That stinks.

I've been having a lot of problems with that Mugen battery too... it drains really fast or goes from 10% immediately to 0% saying I need to plug in or it's shutting down. Anyone else have the Mugen 1400?

i have had a mugen 1400 for a few months now, and mine is listed as 1363. 98% left. i am happy with that. although since 1.4.5 i seem to be having higher battery drain, trying to calibrate and see what happens.
    Getting ready to run a calibration now... I haven't had my batter this low in ages. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  16. CFC
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    all a yes. It will show "calibrating" next to the graphic. Really strange; tested 1000 times.
    BTW: You can close the app, still in calibrating mode and restart it. It should recognize the calibration mode at next start.
    Was able to get it going properly and calibrate.
    It's not pretty for me unfortunately, the battery health is at 56%. Prior to the calibration, it was registering at 93%, but that was obviously not correct.
    At least now I know if my battery is showing 15% it is IN FACT 15%.
    Thanks for this great app somline.
    I believe the problem earlier came from the fact that I tried to get it started with the battery already at 0% (even though my voltage was up around 3.7V).
    Thanks again for the help, I need to look for a new battery now.

CFC
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    ... I turned off the phone radio to avoid getting calls that would interrupt the process..
    sj
    You don't have to do that. You actual can use your phone as normal (it may gets a little sluggish as the calibrate scene is updating every 3 seconds). But don't disconnect the charger. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Probably my german english.
    I will change the info text to:"Don't disconnect the charger!"
    Last edited by somline; 09/01/2010 at 01:56 AM.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    somline,

M.
    Thanks for the hint. I changed it for upcoming versions.
    I have my main #1 battery for 90% of the time, but also have a standby #2 battery in case I get caught short when "out and about".

If I run this program on each battery, will the calibration be remembered by each one, or does webOS just learn for the last battery calibrated ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  20.    #80  
    The rsult is stored within the battery. So you can run it on all your batteries.
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast