Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 981
Like Tree11Likes
  1. licotto's Avatar
    Posts
    471 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #741  
    I will say that I would suggest not using it. A friend & I both used it and our batteries were in bad shape afterward -they lost juice VERY fast! We have both now bought new batteries & our phones actually last more than a few hours!

    It's just my two-bits...
  2.    #742  
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    I will say that I would suggest not using it. A friend & I both used it and our batteries were in bad shape afterward -they lost juice VERY fast! We have both now bought new batteries & our phones actually last more than a few hours!

    It's just my two-bits...
    To sad you didn't wrote this in the support thread.
    After calibrating the battery with dr.battery you (and your device) may think the battery drains faster but that's not true and actually not possible.
    Example:
    When the battery is showing 100%health but in fact only has 80% you get the 20% to 0% drop. When your battery is showing you 50% rest capacity it's lying and in fact hast only 30% left.
    After calibrate when the battery shows 50% left it has 50% left but this point will be reached much more earlier than before (it would show 70% before).
    Therefore you think the battery is draining faster but it's not.

    - The overall runtime will be same.
    - If you can't handle the truth you can revert the "health" to the value you had before (happy with your runtime until 20% are reached).
  3. #743  
    it has 3 main screens.
    Actual - tells you the current battery status.
    Health - how much has the battery degraded since new.
    Calibrate - Run this to make the other numbers correct. Press "i" in the top corner for the instructions. Basically you need to run the battery until it shows signs of imminent failure. When flat the terminal volage will drop rapidly(dependent on load). Once this occurs charge the battery till it's full. The battery will then monitor the amount of power it takes till its full. I thinks its best not to use the touchstone for this.

    think of it like trying to work out how much your car gas tank holds. You run it to as close to empty as you dare and then fill it to the brim at the gas station.
  4. #744  
    <thread merged>
  5. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #745  
    I would like to add that every time I have run calibration and not put my Pre+ in Airplane mode the calibration fails near the end. This has been mentioned earlier in this thread, but any new user should be aware that you may get a calibration failure and will need to re-run the calibration while in Airplane mode. Great utility and the two $3 batteries that I bought from Amazon both show 100% Health after calibration.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  6.    #746  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaihmeyer View Post
    I followed this thread when it was first started, and have been playing with Dr. Battery on my two phones (Wife and I both have Sprint Pre). Reconditioning her battery helped for about a week, but her health is now down to less than 60. Mine's at 87. She doesn't last a day, and I barely do.

    I was wondering if we have come to a consensus on which batteries we should be buying? Is there certain models, or just certain brands that are the best? I know the Siedio battery got some bad results from Dr. Battery, is it all of Siedio's batteries?
    Overlooked your post, sorry.
    There are the very cheap oem palm battery for less than 5$ shipped. Hard to beat that.
    The only battery with a little more juice but the same size to recommend is the mugen 1400.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ighlight=mugen (you may skip the first 30 pages ;-)

    EDIT: Regarding Seidio: 45% of the 1350 and all with more mAh don't tell the truth and have less capacity as advertised. But all other bigger (>1400) batteries do the same.
    Last edited by somline; 01/18/2011 at 09:48 AM.
  7. #747  
    Should the phone power down after plugging in the charger when getting the notification from Dr. Battery? I've tried calibration twice and that happened both times. Phone discharged all the way to 0% for a while, then I got the notification to plug in the charger, and right after plugging it in the phone powers down and eventually restarts.
  8.    #748  
    Please make sure to at least read the bold text in the first post.
    Do a battery pull. Use wall charger only. Turn airplane mode on. Insert the charger as quick as possible.
    If nothing helps, set the start voltage (in app menu) to a higher number.

    There is a new version 0.1.3 submitted witch hopefully makes it a little more robust and works with webOS 2.x.
    Should be available later today.
  9. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #749  
    When starting calibration I always have the charger cable connected to my phone but not to the charger when instructed to connect to the charger I just make the connection at the charger. I just find it easier to get done in the short time before the phone shuts off. I have also had success calibrating while on a touchstone using the same process.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  10.    #750  
    If someone with a pre 2 could try the new version (0.1.3) that would be great.
  11. #751  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Please make sure to at least read the bold text in the first post.
    Do a battery pull. Use wall charger only. Turn airplane mode on. Insert the charger as quick as possible.
    If nothing helps, set the start voltage (in app menu) to a higher number.

    There is a new version 0.1.3 submitted witch hopefully makes it a little more robust and works with webOS 2.x.
    Should be available later today.
    I can just set the voltage to any arbitrary number?
  12.    #752  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I can just set the voltage to any arbitrary number?
    I would try it again (with the new version) without changing the start voltage.
    The start voltage is the voltage when the calibration begins.
    You can choose from 3 voltages from the app menu in the calibrate scene.
    If it shuts down. Just charge until booted and try again.

    EDIT: use noseph advice
  13. #753  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I would try it again (with the new version) without changing the start voltage.
    The start voltage is the voltage when the calibration begins.
    You can choose from 3 voltages from the app menu in the calibrate scene.
    If it shuts down. Just charge until booted and try again.

    EDIT: use noseph advice
    I'll give it a shot again later. I looked at the other start voltage options and they are all 3.4ish. Even when my battery was discharged to 0% and I got the warning to plug my charger in, my voltage was still reading high 3.5ish-3.6ish...it never got below about 3.55 or so.
  14.    #754  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I'll give it a shot again later. I looked at the other start voltage options and they are all 3.4ish. Even when my battery was discharged to 0% and I got the warning to plug my charger in, my voltage was still reading high 3.5ish-3.6ish...it never got below about 3.55 or so.
    I have read that before in this thread post.
    The poster never come back.
    You are the second.
    I don't understand that. WebOS shutsdown if voltage is below 3.4V.
    That means it should never shutdown.
    The values in Dr.B are read direct from the battery chip.
    If your next try will not work I'm afraid I can't help you.
  15. #755  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I have read that before in this thread post.
    The poster never come back.
    You are the second.
    I don't understand that. WebOS shutsdown if voltage is below 3.4V.
    That means it should never shutdown.
    The values in Dr.B are read direct from the battery chip.
    If your next try will not work I'm afraid I can't help you.
    Cool, well thanks for your help. I'll give it a shot again later tonight and try the battery pull and airplane mode. I'll let you know the results. Thanks again.
  16.    #756  
    One more thing I forgot about:
    You always can "calibrate" manually.
    Say your battery drops from 20% to 0%. Then set the health say 15%-20% lower than it is now. Tap and hold on the health value in the health scene.
    This has no effect on your battery life time. It only helps the device to show the correct rest capacity.

    EDIT: And one more. Try setting health to 100% before calibrating. (Write down the original value).
    Last edited by somline; 01/19/2011 at 12:06 PM.
  17. #757  
    Quote Originally Posted by zx600 View Post
    <<moderator edit>>, I used to take my phone off the charger at around 7 and go to work, by the time i got home at 5 I still had over 50 percent and the phone will not die until about 1am. Now by the time i leave my home at 8 am already at 80% and by 1pm my phone dies if I don't charge it, so please tell me again this is a problem of "perception" this app sucks and I wish i had never used it, u need to put a warning on this app.
    watch your language. this app doesn't change the actual capacity of your battery. before you blame a developer who spent hundreds of hours creating a useful App. read and check the feedback from other users at this thread and try to understand the real function of this App. You most probably reseted the health and didn't recallibrate. the chip in the battery needs to know the actual left capacity of the battery. the app only helps the battery to do so and the app is not capable of doing any damage to the battery. i suggest you read the instructions and more posts of this thread.

    <<comment removed>>
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 01/20/2011 at 11:52 PM.
  18. #758  
    If you'd stop the swearing and name calling and kept your posts rational, no one would have a problem with them.

    Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  19. #759  
    <<thread cleaned>>
    Folks, please watch your language, and do not attack each other. Talk about phones and technology, not people or the horse they rode in on.

    Thank you.
  20. #760  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    <<thread cleaned>>
    Folks, please watch your language, and do not attack each other. Talk about phones and technology, not people or the horse they rode in on.

    Thank you.
    Thank you!

    Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions