Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #721  
    You should set the health to 100% since the battery seems to be good.
    You still can do it.
    Ok so i installed Dr. Battery from preware. It said my battery health was 96% now it says 78% and my battery now lasts about 2 hours. what is wrong?!
    Did you recalibrate the battery with it?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  4.    #724  
    @verwon eVolootion:
    This seems to be his problem. He calibrated.
    @th op:
    Please ask such questions in the support thread of http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-battery.html
    BTW: There is a link to it in the help scene of dr.b
    In short:
    Your battery last the same as before (before your calibration your phone never reached 0% smoothly but drooped suddenly from around 20% to 0%)
    EDIT: That means you had around 20% less than you and webOS thought.
    Now the battery meter shows the correct remaining capacity
    2 hours is way to short for 78%. There is some other problem.
    You always can revert the "health" by tap and hold on the health value in the health scene
    Last edited by somline; 01/11/2011 at 01:41 AM.
    Thanks, somline.

I'm only minimally familiar with Dr. Battery, I could never get the recalibration to work.
  6.    #726  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Thanks, somline.

I'm only minimally familiar with Dr. Battery, I could never get the recalibration to work.
    You can try it on your Evo:
    [UTILITY] Battery calibration tools - xda-developers
    [UTILITY] Battery calibration tools
    This thread is for those following the battery calibration thread that would like to help build tools to read and set some advanced battery values, and ultimately recalibrate in learning mode.

It takes its inspiration from this forum thread over at precentral :

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-battery.html
    EDIT: I'm working on a more stable process
    Oh, when I tried it, I had my Pre.

I've only had the Evo for 2 weeks and just got a 3500 battery for it a few days ago.

Posted from my eVo!
    I solved my immediately failing problem by downgrading to the stock palm kernel(from uberkernel) and also made sure I was using the oem palm charger (i have some other phone microusb chargers that work). The sad news is my sedio 2600 mah is now at 65% which kinda sucks but now it's not turning off on me at 25%.
  9.    #729  
    Quote Originally Posted by epyon22 View Post
    I solved my immediately failing problem by downgrading to the stock palm kernel(from uberkernel) and also made sure I was using the oem palm charger (i have some other phone microusb chargers that work). The sad news is my sedio 2600 mah is now at 65% which kinda sucks but now it's not turning off on me at 25%.
    Thanks for info. What has the kernel to do with the 25%->0% problem?
    I asume you calibrate and that fixed it?

EDIT: And how old is the battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by epyon22 View Post

I suspect the issue wasn't with UberKernel. I've been using every kernel that UnixPsycho/sbromwich/etc have released and haven't had major issues with Dr. Battery. I think the issue was not using the Palm charger. I could be wrong, but, whenever I play with this calibration stuff, I always use the official Palm stuff (and usually put it in airplane mode too).

Another crappy Seidio! I have the Amzer "2800mAh" (it's really a 2600mAh) and it's still in pretty good health after having it close to a year now.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Thanks for info. What has the kernel to do with the 25%->0% problem?
    I asume you calibrate and that fixed it?

EDIT: And how old is the battery?
    I suspected the kernel in not letting me calibrate my battery (it would fail immediately when connecting the charger) uberkernel is awesome and i use it at its 1ghz/500mhz screen state mode every day. And it seems to fix the phone turning off when it showed 25% remaining.

The battery is pretty old actually I got it back in aug '09 so a little under 1.5 years.
  12.    #732  
    Thanks again for clarifying. First report of that issue.
    I actually tried it successfully with Łber and av8b. And 65% is OK for that age I think. My stock one was toast (55%) after 3/4 year.
    <<thread merged>>
    I've been having the death drop, I think. It's not instantaneous, but going from 20% to 0% takes sometimes as little as ten minutes. But I've also had terrible overall battery lifeómaybe 10 hours standby and 15 minutes of talk time. This is with my instant messaging accounts disabled and email set to retrieve "As items arrive". It would be nice if I got through the day. Next step will be to back that down to 15 minute intervals or longer.

I did the calibration, but from what I've read in the last few pages of this thread, calibration won't actually change my battery life in terms of the amount of hours I can get on a charge?

OEM battery that came with my Pre Plus (Verizon) five months ago.

Results after calibration:

"Actual" pane

Capacity left: 1051 mAh
    Voltage: 4.17V
    Current: -50.63mA

"Health" pane

91%
    Manufacturer Rating: 1183 mAh
    Calculated left: 1077 mAH

So I'm thinking that if a 91% healthy battery gets 10 hours of standby time that I probably should be looking in to a different phone because the most I can expect is an eleventh hour... and god forbid if I actually were to talk more than 15 minutes in a day I'd be completely out of luck?
    That is correct, calibration will just give you an accurate battery reading. There is no way to fix an aging battery.

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    That is correct, calibration will just give you an accurate battery reading. There is no way to fix an aging battery.
    I knew that software wouldn't fix a dead battery. I'm not quite that thick!

I'd been hoping that the problem was with the battery reporting itself empty or full too soon, shortening the charge cycle, and that having an accurate reading would correct such a fault.

A typical day for me is take the phone off the charger at 6am, and in the course of the day send and receive a total of a dozen text messages, spend a total of fifteen minutes talking (not on speaker or with bluetooth), not play any music nor games nor search the web, and have my phone die at 4pm. If this is the stock battery at 91% health than there isn't a battery that will make the Pre an acceptable choice for me without requiring a non-touchstone back.

All of which is a topic for another thread. Thanks for clearing that up!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I followed this thread when it was first started, and have been playing with Dr. Battery on my two phones (Wife and I both have Sprint Pre). Reconditioning her battery helped for about a week, but her health is now down to less than 60. Mine's at 87. She doesn't last a day, and I barely do.

I was wondering if we have come to a consensus on which batteries we should be buying? Is there certain models, or just certain brands that are the best? I know the Siedio battery got some bad results from Dr. Battery, is it all of Siedio's batteries?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    You can't beat Amazon"s Genuine Palm Pre Batteries $3 shipped.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I got the Dr. Battery patch, but can't figure out exactly what it's for. It said it would fix the "20% to 0%" battery drop, which I have experience a few times. I can't find anywhere to make it do anything...does it just run on its own?
    Dr. Battery improved my dying Day one battery with calibration, but it was still 54% health. Great help. I ordered 2 Amazon batteries for $3 ea. I am back to 100% Health. Making me re-love my pre.