Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #681  
    Quote Originally Posted by luau joe View Post
    Will try the manual resetting of health and try again.
    The manual setting of the health will not help you calibrating. Use it as "manual" calibrating.
    The calibration normaly will automaticaly adjust the health.
    Since it's not working for you, you can set the health by hand.
    Assuming your health is set to 100% atm and you get a drop from 40% I would set se health to 70% and try a drain to 0.
    You will find that the drop then is much later e.g. 5-15%. Then substract just this % from the health.
    Last edited by somline; 12/06/2010 at 12:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    It's not webOS it's the chip inside the battery.
    All values are read direct from the battery chip.
    The reading is getting better after 3-4 initial full charges on a new battery.

EDIT: But because you changed MFR to 2600 the battery now thinks it has 2600.
    Let it drain to 0% and find out the drop from 10% or 15%.
    You were correct it dropped from 15%, however it took 2 full days of constant heavy use to do it, so I'm going to go ahead and set it back to 2300 and recalibrate it. Great job on the app though man its very helpful.
    Thought people might be interested. This is a video showing how Lithium Ion batteries charge and stuff. Kinda cool. It shows quite clearly why they degrade over time (often quickly!). The vid is super short, but you get the idea. It also isn't watchable on our phones as it's not on YouTube. :-\

Video: Charging Takes a Toll on a Battery's Insides - ScienceNOW

M.
  4.    #684  
    Just got this mail:
    So I'm a little peeved to be honest.
    I used the calibration tool on my battery which had about an 85% life left.
    After the tool was ran my battery is down to 76%. I thought it was supposed to make it better!
    So now my battery is dying super fast! I've ran the tool again with no luck.
    I'm really upset and feel like something should be done to fix this error since
    it is looking like I will need to purchase a new battery.
    There was no warning anywhere on the info pages saying that this could
    happen.
    I am sorry to be so upset but I had bought this battery just a few months
    ago and now your application ruined it. I hope to hear from you soon with a
    solution.
    Thank you.
    So please be warned:
    The truth may hurt.

But remember: you can set the health back to the original value by tap and hold on the health value in health scene.
    Just got this mail:
    So please be warned:
    The truth may hurt.

But remember: you can set the health back to the original value by tap and hold on the health value in health scene.
    It sounds like whoever sent you that email is completely clueless about what Dr. Battery does and doesn't do.
    Just got this mail:
    So please be warned:
    The truth may hurt.

It should be mentioned that if a person does set the health back, it'll start doing the Death Drop...

M.
  7.    #687  
    @all
    Thanks for nominating Dr.Battery as "Best Homebrew/Beta Feed/Web Dist. App of 2010".
    There are so many great apps including the 10 mentioned.
    Hard to decide.
    I feel some pressure to come up with something new ;-)
    Hello Somline. It has been a while for me since being here in the forums. I took a break from it alland spent time with my family. Just recently lost my aunt to a long hard fought battle with cancer.

I would like to wish you and everyone here in the thread, Happy Holidays.

Good luck in the "Best Homebrew/Beta Feed/Web Dist. App of 2010"

You definitely deserve the recognition for such a great app.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 12/15/2010 at 05:23 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    You deserved the "Best" votes.
    Funny thing is that Dr. Battery tells me that my battery is at 91 percent, but the battery percentage at the top of my screen tells me my battery is at 95 percent. Someone is lying.
  11.    #691  
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    Funny thing is that Dr. Battery tells me that my battery is at 91 percent, but the battery percentage at the top of my screen tells me my battery is at 95 percent. Someone is lying.
    The webOS UI is showing a different %.
    You can use the "Show Actual Battery Percent" patch to get the real value at the top.
    Doctors never lie ;-)
    The webOS UI is showing a different %.
    You can use the "Show Actual Battery Percent" patch to get the real value at the top.
    Doctors never lie ;-)
    Hi, Somline. Where do I find that patch? Is it in Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    Hi, Somline. Where do I find that patch? Is it in Preware?
    Yes, you can get it in Preware.

The reason the Pre shows a different percentage is because of how it charges. It will charge to 100% then stop, the battery then slowly discharges to about 94% and then starts charging again. This cycle repeats as long as it's charging.

I think Palm made it read 100% anytime the charge was between 94 to 100%, probably so people wouldn't get confused. In other words, if they took it off the charger and saw it was only 94%, they may think there was a problem, not knowing about the charge/discharge cycle.
    Thank you for this great ap.
    Is there anything between pages 2 and last that are important and not in the opening description?
    I love to read but too many messages are like this one. LOL.
    Really, Kudos!
  15.    #695  
    Quote Originally Posted by jondough View Post
    Thank you for this great ap.
    Is there anything between pages 2 and last that are important and not in the opening description?
    I love to read but too many messages are like this one. LOL.
    Really, Kudos!
    Maybe only if calibrating doesn't work for you.

EDIT: And in this forum nobody will hurt you if you repeat the question of e.g. page 24
    Hey guys. I just recently started getting the problem when my pre would show about 10% battery life left then jump down to zero in a split second. Just to double check, if i were to use the calibration tool from dr.battery it will fix this issue? and my battery health value will drop?

Thank you in advance for your help

Krab19
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    Hey guys. I just recently started getting the problem when my pre would show about 10% battery life left then jump down to zero in a split second. Just to double check, if i were to use the calibration tool from dr.battery it will fix this issue? and my battery health value will drop?

Thank you in advance for your help

Krab19

What you are experiencing, we lovingly call The Death Drop. If your battery is dropping at around 10%, that means the health of your battery is (roughly) 90% of what it could be. The capacity degrading over time is quite normal, and is to be expected as I'm sure you know.

Yes, calibrating with Dr. Battery will stop the Death Drop.

HOWEVER

You need to keep in mind that the battery will "properly" DISPLAY drain as if it was MaxCapacity - 10%. It will *APPEAR* that the battery is dropping faster, but, it's because it's now displaying the proper percent remaining which it currently is NOT.

Hypothetical:

If your battery drains 10% an hour, It will read 0% in 10 hours. *BUT* because your battery does a death drop at around 10%, at hour 10, it'll still say 10% then drop to 0 and die.

Dr. Battery will make your battery display the proper life. It is not a magic wand to make your battery "last longer".

Also keep one last thing in mind: Sometimes the truth hurts. Read though this thread about the Seideo 1350mAh batteries. They are really on 1150mAh. So even a 100% perfect battery will have the health of about 80%...

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 12/25/2010 at 07:02 PM.
    thank you for the clearification. I did the calibration last night, had some trouble getting my pre to the correct voltage but it eventually got there. My battery health has now moved ftom 95% to 84%, looks like my battery was worst than I thought :P
  19.    #699  
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    thank you for the clearification. I did the calibration last night, had some trouble getting my pre to the correct voltage but it eventually got there. My battery health has now moved ftom 95% to 84%, looks like my battery was worst than I thought :P
    Almost exactly what xanadu predicted:
    95% - 10% = 85%
    Hi

i bought a new battery at ebay, can i simply replace the old one, or do I have to reset Dr. Battery, or Something?

thx