Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    I just got a Seidio 2600 despite the negative reviews and wanted to change it from 2300 to 2600. I don't need the code I just changed line 83 of the health-assistant.jsjsjs $from$ $true$ $to$ $false$, $but$ $I$ $am$ $wondering$ $if$ $anyone$ $else$ $has$ $gotten$ $any$ $real$ $results$ $changing$ $this$ $battery$ $to$ $2600$?

If not I'll post you my results in the next day or 2 since it takes a little while to charge or discharge this monster properly.

2.    #662  
    Try to go down to 0% without a sudden drop. I expect a drop from around 10% to 0%.

EDIT: Hacker you are ;-)
    [QUOTE=serial;2783377]I just got a Seidio 2600 despite the negative reviews and wanted to change it from 2300 to 2600. I don't need the code I just changed line 83 of the health-assistant.jsjsjs $from$ $true$ $to$ $false$, $but$ $I$ $am$ $wondering$ $if$ $anyone$ $else$ $has$ $gotten$ $any$ $real$ $results$ $changing$ $this$ $battery$ $to$ $2600$?

If not I'll post you my results in the next day or 2 since it takes a little while to charge or discharge this monster properly.

You do know that simply changing that number doesn't change anything about the battery, right?

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    You do know that simply changing that number doesn't change anything about the battery, right?

M.
    It does change the point at which the phone cuts off charging though right? I will know pretty soon its at 2256mAh and rising.
  5.    #665  
    Quote Originally Posted by serial View Post
    It does change the point at which the phone cuts off charging though right? I will know pretty soon its at 2256mAh and rising.
    Don't trust the readings while charging. For some unknown reasons this value is often not the truth.

EDIT: And the reviews are not so negative. It's a fine battery but does not have 2600mAh.
    Last edited by somline; 12/04/2010 at 12:39 PM.
    Yeah I figure nothing could be worse than what I was using, my original battery was down to 470mAh. I picked this one up oem on ebay for 35 shipped so I'm thinking I should be happy with what I have, the only thing was, I was trying to rapidly discharge it last night and it went from 40% to 0%. I did have a 970mA load on it though so it might have caused too much of a voltage drop and threw it off. I'm going to use it like a human being the next 2 days and see how it performs.
  7.    #667  
    I did have a 970mAh/hr load on it though so it might have caused too much of a voltage drop and threw it off.
    Never seen such draw. Would get quit hot.
    It warmed a bit but never got above 45C, I was surprised too tbh. My stock pre battery would become molten lava at a 500mA draw.

Steps for hitting 1 AMP draw on phone :P
    Screenstate 1ghz
    TuneIN by radio time on a station over evdo, volume max
    Led Flash bulb on
    Screen brightness 100%
    Terminal running with cat /dev/urandom

For bonus current you could have a client ftp'd in uploading a large dummy file but I find reading and writing to the internal drive causes a LOT of heat.
  9.    #669  
    That is really a load. If you like you can try to calibrate and find out the real capacity.
    This is as high as I can get it to go, it automatically starts discharging at this point I assume because it reaches 4.2 volts. I'll let it do a full discharge to zero and report any drops.

I am inclined to think you are right about the readings not being exactly right although I know this is a fault of webos not Dr Battery. Its been more than 3 hours and its lost almost no capacity.

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I've got a question, this has happened twice to me. I'm calibrating my battery, i resetted it's health before i did it. its right now at 80%, and it's slowing way down on the charging. capacity is close to what it was to begin with, so whats going on?
  13.    #673  
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    I've got a question, this has happened twice to me. I'm calibrating my battery, i resetted it's health before i did it. its right now at 80%, and it's slowing way down on the charging. capacity is close to what it was to begin with, so whats going on?
    This is how LiIon batteries gets charged.
    The charge current is high at the beginning and getting lower at the end.
    Hope I understood your question.
  14.    #674  
    I am inclined to think you are right about the readings not being exactly right although I know this is a fault of webos not Dr Battery. Its been more than 3 hours and its lost almost no capacity.
    It's not webOS it's the chip inside the battery.
    All values are read direct from the battery chip.
    The reading is getting better after 3-4 initial full charges on a new battery.

EDIT: But because you changed MFR to 2600 the battery now thinks it has 2600.
    Let it drain to 0% and find out the drop from 10% or 15%.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    ok. I figured it out. Lol that's the way the app works. But it's fine now
    Getting frustrated trying to recalibrate my battery, which exhibits the classic symptom of dropping from 40% to 0% in an instant.

Set Dr. Battery to calibrate and waited for voltage to hit the magic low voltage to enter into the calibration mode. Bell rings, and I hurry to plug it into the wall charger. Then within 5 minutes the unit reboots itself and all recalibration is lost. Have to start over by resetting the health to 100%.

This happened 4 times in a row. I am getting frustrated. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by luau joe View Post
    Getting frustrated trying to recalibrate my battery, which exhibits the classic symptom of dropping from 40% to 0% in an instant.
    If it's doing the "death drop" from 40%, I'd say it's time for a new battery, no need to calibrate it.

Set Dr. Battery to calibrate and waited for voltage to hit the magic low voltage to enter into the calibration mode. Bell rings, and I hurry to plug it into the wall charger. Then within 5 minutes the unit reboots itself and all recalibration is lost. Have to start over by resetting the health to 100%.

Have you tried putting the phone in airplane mode before calibrating?
  18.    #678  

As Trekker said, we expect that the battery is almost dead.
    If you have tried all available tricks already (Airplane mode, battery pull, orig cable with orig wall charger ..) then you are one of the few with no luck.
    You can calibrate manually by setting the health to e.g. 20%-30% less than you have now
  19.    #679  
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    ok. I figured it out. Lol that's the way the app works. But it's fine now
    It's not the app. This is how the battery chip works.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    As Trekker said, we expect that the battery is almost dead.
    If you have tried all available tricks already (Airplane mode, battery pull, orig cable with orig wall charger ..) then you are one of the few with no luck.
    You can calibrate manually by setting the health to e.g. 20%-30% less than you have now
    Thanks! I figured it is time for a new battery, but I want to see how much is actually left and to recalib the old batt to use as emergency backup. Yes, I did try all the tricks, e.g. airplane, battery pull, etc). Will try the manual resetting of health and try again.