Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I can't for the life of me to get it to calibrate. Every time I try it says the calibration was interrupted.
    Try doing it in Airplane Mode. That's what it took for my phone to successfully calibrate a battery. Several others have found this to be true also.

M.

P.S.
    If you edit your post, at the top of the screen, it gives you the ability to delete a post. You can get rid of your accidental double-posting this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Try doing it in Airplane Mode. That's what it took for my phone to successfully calibrate a battery. Several others have found this to be true also.

M.

P.S.
    If you edit your post, at the top of the screen, it gives you the ability to delete a post. You can get rid of your accidental double-posting this way.
    Thanks.

I tried airplane mode with no luck. I am wondering if the no auto-off while on charger patch is causing it?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Thanks.

I tried airplane mode with no luck. I am wondering if the no auto-off while on charger patch is causing it?

I can't say that I know either way, but, it stands to reason that if the phone is not being allowed to decided what it wants to "naturally" do in a charging situation, then it certainly stands to reason that could be the culprit. I don't know HOW that patch does what it does, though. Clearly, though, it's forcing powerd to not do what it wants to (hence the patch existing).

Good catch!

M.
    I can't say that I know either way, but, it stands to reason that if the phone is not being allowed to decided what it wants to "naturally" do in a charging situation, then it certainly stands to reason that could be the culprit. I don't know HOW that patch does what it does, though. Clearly, though, it's forcing powerd to not do what it wants to (hence the patch existing).

Good catch!

M.
    I'll give it a shot. The worst part is getting the battery voltage down to the calibration level. You got to keep an eye on it before the phone shuts off!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I'll give it a shot. The worst part is getting the battery voltage down to the calibration level. You got to keep an eye on it before the phone shuts off!

somline thought of that, actually. You can raise the learn threshold a tad in the app menu. You'll get (around) 5 or so minutes then as opposed to .5 seconds!

M.
    Just wanted to say thanks for this great app. Since following the steps and calibrating, my battery goes down much more predictably, no falling off the cliff at 20%

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I'm having major issues. At first I just drained the battery with a few games and when it told me to connect I did, but i got an instant-error for re-calibration. I tried two more times before following the instructions for removing the battery, ect. The next time I tried it the result was very weird: it told me to not disconnect the charger, even though the charger was disconnected.

My questions are three:

A - Can I re-enter the previously reported values into my battery (1183 mAh original with remaining being 1075)?

B - What should I attempt to get a correct calibration?

C - Should I just buy a new battery for $6?

PS:

What do I do with my phone in the meantime?
  8.    #628  
    Sorry to hear your problems. If you drain it to fast in the last seconds it will shutdown before it starts charging. Even though you may be able to connect the charger at the right time, the charging needs some 10-15s to actually start.
    For question
    A: Just tap and hold on the health in the health scene and set the % you had previously.
    B: Try again with wall charger, airplane mode and no other apps running
    C: What problems you have with the battery? If you have the 20%drop0% problem you can adjust the health manually to eg. 10-15% less than it was before (manual calibration).
    Good luck

EDIT: You also can set the calibrating start voltage to a higher value in the app menu of calibrate scene. Then the calibrating will start earlier (hopefully before shutdown)

EDIT2:
    Quote Originally Posted by anifan View Post
    The next time I tried it the result was very weird: it told me to not disconnect the charger, even though the charger was disconnected.
    This is a bug in DrBattery I haven't fixed yet. Just close the app and restart it.
    somline, I was perfectly happy with my battery until your app told me it was worth about 51%. Thanks for that...
    Had a spare one though, that's at 100%. Great app (slick as hell as well).
  10.    #630  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    somline, I was perfectly happy with my battery until your app told me it was worth about 51%. Thanks for that...
    Had a spare one though, that's at 100%. Great app (slick as hell as well).
    How could you life with 51%? You will be suprised how good your battery life will be with the new one ;-)
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Thanks for your help; I'll try this once I get home.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    If you calibrate a battery with this app and put it in a another phone, will the calibration held or the new phone will show old data?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    If you calibrate a battery with this app and put it in a another phone, will the calibration held or the new phone will show old data?

The calibration/info/etc. has nothing to do with the phone itself. It's all stored in the battery. Yes, all the info will go with the battery. I have proven this just yesterday when I got my original Pre minus replaced. The crappy Seideo had the same info in the new phone.

M.
  14.    #634  
    The calibration/info/etc. has nothing to do with the phone itself. It's all stored in the battery. Yes, all the info will go with the battery. I have proven this just yesterday when I got my original Pre minus replaced. The crappy Seideo had the same info in the new phone.

M.
    Perfectly said ;-)
    I recently purchased one of those cheap 1350 mAh batteries from ebay.

Much like this one:

For Verizon Palm Pre Plus Phone Battery Pack 1350mAh - eBay (item 120645587345 end time Nov-12-10 23:50:02 PST)

Here are my results from using Dr. Battery.

Manufacturer Rating says 1150 mAh

After a calibration it went down to 93% or 1070 Ah

This is on its third charge.

I have a question about this. Is there any way to get the "correct" rating of 1350 out of the battery or is this just a cheap poor replacement battery?

Are there any other tests I can run to get more performance out of this battery?

Thanks,
    -Troy
  16.    #636  
    Quote Originally Posted by troymiller View Post
    I have a question about this. Is there any way to get the "correct" rating of 1350 out of the battery or is this just a cheap poor replacement battery?

Are there any other tests I can run to get more performance out of this battery?
    I think you will not get more out of them.
    Well, I gave it a shot and I think my battery is completely fried now.

Calibration failed as soon as I plugged it into my wall charger. So, I removed the battery as instructed. Now the phone will not boot. Just the low battery icon when I plug it in. I've attempted to pull the battery multiple times without any changes. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by iuhoosier11 View Post

Calibration failed as soon as I plugged it into my wall charger. So, I removed the battery as instructed. Now the phone will not boot. Just the low battery icon when I plug it in. I've attempted to pull the battery multiple times without any changes. Any suggestions?
    Ah, my bad.

There are several batteries that don't have proper overcharge protection and will die after a handful of calibration cycles. The perfect example can be my 2300mAh "superbattery" that died while testing (refer to the other battery thread).

Sorry if I didn't brought this before, but this is one of the reasons somline took so much time researching and trying to make the app as trouble free as possible.

I guess this is the reason Palm included overcharge protection code in the operating system, but sometimes the batteries are just crap.

I went out and bought a $3 Centro battery, and I'm happy ever since
  19.    #639  

You probably know that it takes some time (3-10 Minutes) until the device boots with an empty battery and charger connected?

In my many times trying to calibrate my Mugen 1400, I had a few times where it drained down to the phone shutting down, then when I plugged it back in to charge it just sat at the low battery screen for hours, like it wasn't taking a charge. I even left it overnight and woke up to it still sitting at the low battery screen.

I removed the battery and let it try and charge again. It still sat at the low battery screen for a couple hours, but the phone eventually booted and charged back up.

It's been really frustrating for me that the battery isn't calibrated yet. It will drop down to 0% very fast then stay there for hours before it actually runs out of juice. Since Dr. Battery has not been able to successfully calibrate the battery I am hoping everything will even out over multiple charge/discharge cycles.