Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    1) hard to tell. Try charge to 5-10%
    2) should work with oc kernel
    3) set health to 100%, and try again. Yes sound that your battery is better then assumed.
    charged it overnight to 100, just reset health, battery just dropped to 57. gonna re-charge and then re-caibrate later.thanks!
  2.    #602  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanjean View Post
    charged it overnight to 100, just reset health, battery just dropped to 57. gonna re-charge and then re-caibrate later.thanks!
    sounds like a dead battery
    EDIT: Wrong. See next post
    Last edited by somline; 10/25/2010 at 09:54 AM.
  3.    #603  
    Sorry thought again: If you charge to 100% at 60& health and then set health to 100 your current mAh will drop. This is normal.
    Last edited by somline; 10/25/2010 at 09:55 AM.
    Sorry thought again: If you charge to 100% at 60& health and then set health to 100 your current mAh will drop. This is normal.
    yah it just did the drop from 40% to 0 but is still working. At least I know I have half-hour to go before it's really dead lol. Gonna charge and calibrate it when I get back to work, hopefully it lets me calibrate this time.
  5.    #605  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanjean View Post
    yah it just did the drop from 40% to 0 but is still working. At least I know I have half-hour to go before it's really dead lol. Gonna charge and calibrate it when I get back to work, hopefully it lets me calibrate this time.
    A drop from 40 to 0 means you have around 60% left.
    This time I'm sure this battery is (almost) dead. You should buy a new one.
    So Somline, I have verizon pre plus 1.4.5 and my battery would drop from 20 to zero. So I used Dr. Battery to recalibrate, my battery health is good, 96% on Seido 1350 battery. I did everything right, connected at the volt you said in the app and didnt disturbed it till it got fully recharged and gave me an alarm that its calibrated. However the issue is still not solved. Very same problem. 20 to zero with no warning. Phone turns off. Any idea why? It is almost as if only 75-80% of that 1350 is showing.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  7.    #607  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    So Somline, I have verizon pre plus 1.4.5 and my battery would drop from 20 to zero. So I used Dr. Battery to recalibrate, my battery health is good, 96% on Seido 1350 battery. I did everything right, connected at the volt you said in the app and didnt disturbed it till it got fully recharged and gave me an alarm that its calibrated. However the issue is still not solved. Very same problem. 20 to zero with no warning. Phone turns off. Any idea why? It is almost as if only 75-80% of that 1350 is showing.
    Just to be sure: Did you got the messages "successfully calibrated" in the middle of the card/scene?
    Did the health changed after calibrating?
    If the first is a yes then I have no answer, sorry.
    But you can adjust the health manually. Set it to 10-15% lower than it is now.
    But yes, you will only get 80% of what it's showing.
    Thanks, somline, for your app.

I rarely use more than about 50% of the original battery on my 16-month old Pre before recharging. I was traveling this weekend and did not have access to wifi. My battery took a nosedive from 20% to zero.

Whe I got back, I downloaded Dr Battery and measured the health of my battery -- 94%. I ran the battery down and recalibrated it successfully on the first try (using Trekker's tip of airplane mode). After the recalibration, my battery health is showing 84%. I will continue to use this battery a while longer. Hopefully, I will not see another nosedive.
    WiFi definitely will help the life of any battery. I certainly believe that if compared to a light user not using WiFi, a heavy user who is on a WiFi connection, batteries of the same brand and mah will obviously take a noticeable nosedive difference in comparison. I've seen this first hand, as I am now without WiFi as of late, yet, still, that was about 4-5 months of usage with my original Pre plus OEM battery, with WiFi. As of late I have been without WiFi (damn you Comcast Xfinity, and their novice technicians) (not all of them, just the ones who came to install at my place) And my one month old OEM battery from Palm and my original calibrated battery have taken obvious hits to drain/battery life due to the lack of a WiFi connection as of late.
    However I am still happy to report that so far my recent backup OEM battery has been a reliable tough one and has shown no signs of battery drop from 40 or 20 percent down to 0 percent. Even with heavy non WiFi usage.

The Dr of batteries and I are readily vigilant

somline,
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    So I recalibrated my battery Seido 1350. The first time it said battery successfully recalibrated but it wasnt, as it still kept doing 20 to 0 drop. Then it wouldnt recalibrate but a battery pull fixed that.

1) Now it shows battery health to be 77%. I bought the battery in March. Is this a normal value after 9 months? or is it a fake battery? It says Manufacturer rating: 1363, calculated left: 1050. Makes me wonder if this a fake?

2) Do I need to recalibrate my battery in future as it keeps getting older and keep loosing charge in upcoming months?

3) When should I throw this battery out?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Makes me wonder if this a fake.
    That's exactly how this all started. The Seideo's are absolute crap, and it has been proven time and time again with somline's work and the dedication of several others to potentially hose their phones to find out.

Seideo sucks moose nards. I have one of these POS too.

M.
  12.    #612  
    2) Do I need to recalibrate my battery in future as it keeps getting older and keep loosing charge in upcoming months?

3) When should I throw this battery out?
    1) All said by Xanadu.
    2) You should calibrate again if you get another 20drop0 problem. Maybe it's a good idea to calibrate once 1/2 year. I actually don't know.

3) It's up to you. The lowest possible health value is 49%.
    Launch day battery here (replacements never came with new battery). This past week i've gone from 40% to dead a few times so i installed dr battery and had 84% health.. i ran through a calibration and now i'm down to 57%... i guess time for a new battery.. i'm thinking of getting the big seido to just get over the whole phone may not last a day thing.

so you guys think new battery?

1183 manu
    674 remaining health

57%
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post

1183 manu
    674 remaining health

57%
    Definitely time for a new one. Amazon currently has OEM Palm Pre battery for $5.58 shipped.
  15.    #615  

1183 manu
    674 remaining health

57%
    Are you kidding? How can you life with 670mAh?
    Are you kidding? How can you life with 670mAh?
    It's horrible.. i actually noticed it on Halloween when this one chick was trying to send me a pic of her 'sexy' costume and my phone when from 40% to BOOM 0%.. you never seen me run for a usb port so fast!! lol

i just ordered 2 batteries for $5. each from link above. this should hold me over till new palm phone in a few months.
  17.    #617  
    It's horrible.. i actually noticed it on Halloween when this one chick was trying to send me a pic of her 'sexy' costume and my phone when from 40% to BOOM 0%.. you never seen me run for a usb port so fast!! lol
    Lol, I hope you finally got that chick picture
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Prelaunch phone and battery here, and I just ordered a new OEM battery and will use this original as a back-up for travel - it is just now hitting a true 80% capacity at full charge.

This original Palm Pre battery has been VERY good to me - I hope the new one is as good.

Somline, excellent little app here. Does exactly what it is supposed to do, and keeps the user informed of progress. Thanks!
    I just bought a Mugen 1400. I can't for the life of me to get it to calibrate. Every time I try it says the calibration was interrupted.

The reason I need to calibrate is the phone will hit 0% then stay there for hours before it actually runs out or juice.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong and how I can get my Pre to recognize that it has 1400 mA instead of 1150 mA? I really want to use this battery but I need the meter to work correctly. I don't want to go back to the stock battery!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

- Nick
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Double post.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo