Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 981
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by UraniumSnake View Post
    i need this secret code. I purchased an Amzer 1400mA batter but it is being reported as a 1363mA battery. I purchased it from Amazon and it seemed Genuine so I hope I have not been ripped off.
    done.
    Actually I don't think you will get more out the battery. Seems the Amzer are not as good as the Mugen.

    You should consider to send it back.
  2. #582  
    Well I changed the MFR to 1400mAh and have calibrated and charged with no adverse affects so fingers crossed it hasn't fried the battery. Not too sure what the side affects are, but I am sure they would be pretty noticable if it was 'fried'.
    I will have a look at the Mugen in about 9 months. Just glad now I can use the 1Ghz Kernal without worrying about battery drain, although the batery drain seems to be worse since the last Kernal update.
  3. #583  
    ok so I was running dr battery last night and my damn battery wouldn't drop below the whatever x.xxx volts it needed to, had it running @ 0% for over 3 hours waiting.... waiting...couldn't wait anymore. Figured I would try again in the morning and of course my phone wont power on, even when plugged in until the battery gets a charge (again) im sure. Is there a way to force power on the phone when plugged in and start the dr battery so i dont have to waste more of my life waiting?
  4.    #584  
    Quote Originally Posted by shmutt1980 View Post
    Is there a way to force power on the phone when plugged in and start the dr battery so i dont have to waste more of my life waiting?
    I haven't found a way. We need the learnmode of the battery to be set. For what ever reason this flag gets cleared after a reboot. You may ask palm why.
    So the only way to not waste more of your time would be deleting the app.
  5.    #585  
    Quote Originally Posted by UraniumSnake View Post
    Well I changed the MFR to 1400mAh and have calibrated and charged with no adverse affects so fingers crossed it hasn't fried the battery. Not too sure what the side affects are, but I am sure they would be pretty noticable if it was 'fried'.
    What are the values for health and calculated left now, after calibration?
  6. pbdc's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    #586  
    Quote Originally Posted by shmutt1980 View Post
    ok so I was running dr battery last night and my damn battery wouldn't drop below the whatever x.xxx volts it needed to, had it running @ 0% for over 3 hours waiting.... waiting...couldn't wait anymore. Figured I would try again in the morning and of course my phone wont power on, even when plugged in until the battery gets a charge (again) im sure. Is there a way to force power on the phone when plugged in and start the dr battery so i dont have to waste more of my life waiting?
    Try running an app to drain the battery. It worked for me so I didn't have to wait.
  7. #587  
    Quote Originally Posted by shmutt1980 View Post
    Is there a way to force power on the phone when plugged in and start the dr battery so i dont have to waste more of my life waiting?

    open up a music app, crank that sucker up, raise the brightness to max, turn on vibration, browse the web in a few cards, run the gps, google maps, watch videos, youtube or a movie on your phone. There are a ton of things you can do to drain the battery down faster.

    Palm phones already don't have a lot of battery life to begin with, you should know all of these things already by now
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE
  8. #588  
    Hi, I have a pre that was purchased on nov 1st of 09, it has the original battery that came in it. When I first started Dr. Battery my health was at 83%, I have tried countless number of times to let the phone go all the way down to 3.413, it will hit that but then fluxes back up too a number that takes it out of learnf. Any suggestions?
  9. #589  
    Well i officially feel like a *******, I was in the midst of trying the dr. battery again while writing the above post. When i submitted the post my phone alerted me too conect the charger and unbelievably... it started working this time, thanks anyways LMAO
  10. #590  
    Yeah, the trick is to let the final approach to 3.4v go slow, I for one crank the brightness to the lowest, and put the phone in airplane mode

    It takes a while, but it works
  11. #591  
    I haven't been able to find anybody asking about this one. In the info in the calibration scene, it says to not let the phone's screen sleep. Why is this? I accidentally left the app on the actual scene, and the screen turned off for a little while (a few minutes). I left it to continue calibrating, because Dr. Battery did not tell me it has failed yet. Will this really screw up the calibration? The learnf led is still lit up btw.
  12.    #592  
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanHelmet View Post
    I haven't been able to find anybody asking about this one. In the info in the calibration scene, it says to not let the phone's screen sleep. Why is this? I accidentally left the app on the actual scene, and the screen turned off for a little while (a few minutes). I left it to continue calibrating, because Dr. Battery did not tell me it has failed yet. Will this really screw up the calibration? The learnf led is still lit up btw.
    No it will not screw the calibration. As long as the learnflag is lit up the battery is calibrating. You even could close the app. But without Dr.Battery you will not know if the calibration has failed.
    The problem with phone sleep is that Dr.Battery will not inform you when you have to connect the charger or when calibration is finished/failed. But the calibration will work even without Dr.Battery and the health will get set (if not failed).
  13.    #593  
    Quote Originally Posted by xxbones21xx View Post
    I have tried countless number of times to let the phone go all the way down to 3.413, it will hit that but then fluxes back up too a number that takes it out of learnf. Any suggestions?
    I know it was working after this post. Just one question: Are you sure the learnflag was on and shortly after off, but later on again?
    This would be the first time I've seen this.
  14. #594  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    What are the values for health and calculated left now, after calibration?
    The battery rating is still at 99% but the calculated left is now 1394mAh so hope that exta bit of juice will allow me to send one extra text

    i also made a school boy error on my first charge when i had entered 1700mAh, didn't break anything luckily. Seemed to last quite a while too should check my typing more carefully in the future.
  15. #595  
    I haven't really been able to time having my Pre Minus close to death in the evening and still having battery a plenty to get there. After all this time I decided screw it and slaughtered my battery this morning (at work - I had a lot to do at my "desk" today).

    I finally got my 1350mAh to successfully calibrate. The results make me unhappy. I did it in airplane mode. I honestly don't know if I had to, but everyone else is doing it!




    It seems that Seideo screwed another customer! I've had may better for only 3 months.

    Bas tards.

    (^^^^ space needed to get around curse filter)


    This is what it said before I calibrated. I thought y'all would get a laugh out of this! No, I really didn't GIMP the picture. This is really what it said!





    M.
  16. #596  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I finally got my 1350mAh to successfully calibrate. The results make me unhappy. I did it in airplane mode. I honestly don't know if I had to, but everyone else is doing it!

    i have read from somline and others who calibrated successfully without having to be in Airplane mode, some just turning off data, but for myself and countless others, it was the only reason why my phone did not calibrate successfully upon looking closely at the reasons behind the failures, by getting an error once fully charged, and the only route I took to finally solve this issue and calibrate with success, was to have my phone in Airplane mode...

    (Trekker and somline mentioned also that it had to do with how differently our phones charge with data toggled on or off, same with the phone signal on or off, and Airplane mode all together and how each are continuously searching for signals, which can impact how the phone charges, and reads during calibration.)

    I mentioned this once before jokingly. 'Every trip to the Dr. yields different results in real life, the same with our phones. Every patient is different'
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE
  17. #597  
    sorry for being dumb.... i tried many times to drain my battery and hope to get the Voltage meeting the calibration start voltage.... however i waited till the battery got to 0% before reaching the start voltage at 3.452V (already the highest possible one) - and when it prompted me to connect to power it switched off - and of course I couldn't succeed with the calibration.

    Any tips on how I can get the voltage meeting the required level?
  18. #598  
    Crank the brightness to the lowest and go into airplane mode, maybe it'll help
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  19. #599  
    my battery has been @ 0% for a half hour (!) and im waiting for it to drop to 3.413. it's been leveling around 3.7 in that same timeframe.

    1) should i charge my battery to 100% then let it drop to 0 again and try to re-calibrate?
    2) I'm overclocking, should i remove the kernel when i calibrate?
    3)since it's been at zero so long but still on, is my battery health better than the app initially thought? (it was listed at 60%)
  20.    #600  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanjean View Post
    my battery has been @ 0% for a half hour (!) and im waiting for it to drop to 3.413. it's been leveling around 3.7 in that same timeframe.

    1) should i charge my battery to 100% then let it drop to 0 again and try to re-calibrate?
    2) I'm overclocking, should i remove the kernel when i calibrate?
    3)since it's been at zero so long but still on, is my battery health better than the app initially thought? (it was listed at 60%)
    1) hard to tell. Try charge to 5-10%
    2) should work with oc kernel
    3) set health to 100%, and try again. Yes sound that your battery is better then assumed.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions