Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by edwjackson View Post
    Would like to have the code and instructions for changing the Manufacturer's rating...
    I am going to PM you the instructions I received from somline, but first I will post his warning about changing the MFG rating:

Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I just want to repeat our warning:
    We don't know if there are side affects by changing the MFR. You do it on your own risk.
    I tried it a couple of times with no negative impact. After changing this value you need to calibrate. Else you will get some 20drop0 problem. Same is true for changing the age.
    Remember, we are not responsible for damaged batteries, phones, fires, etc.

PM sent.
    Last edited by Trekker; 10/01/2010 at 06:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Thank you for this app. I really like it!
    I was getting the death drop at 20% and it was driving me crazy. Thank you for this app, now my battery is recalibrated. It is over a year old, is this a normal time when Pre batteries start crapping out?
  4.    #544  
    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr View Post
    I was getting the death drop at 20% and it was driving me crazy. Thank you for this app, now my battery is recalibrated. It is over a year old, is this a normal time when Pre batteries start crapping out?
    Glad it helped you. I assume a palm (pre/pixi) battery doesn't live much longer than a year. Mine was dead after 3/4 year (the reason to build the app)
  5. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    My battery does the death drop around 48%. I reset the health and re-calibrated to 100%. I still get the death drop?? Now I see my health down to 54%.
    1183 mah
    639 mah

Am I doing something wrong? I have done this twice and the health keeps resetting worse. I originally was at 75% health.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    My battery does the death drop around 48%. I reset the health and re-calibrated to 100%. I still get the death drop?? Now I see my health down to 54%.

Any suggestions?
    Time for a new battery. Amazon has new OEM Palm Pre batteries for the current price of $7.99 shipped.

You could also search ebay for Centro batteries, which work fine in the Pre. Prices are usually $3 to $4 shipped.
  7. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    OK, I tried again last night to calibrate. Charged it up and when it got to 49% charged it then skipped to 100% charged. Then when I looked at the health it was back down to about 50%
  8.    #548  
    this battery is dead. Health does not go below 50. Your health may be lower than 50.
    Please buy a new battery as Trekker already said.

EDIT: To be precise: "The AS (Health) is a 1-byte value that has a range of 49.2% to 100%."
    Last edited by somline; 10/08/2010 at 03:25 PM.
    just try it. My battery seems ok. the health rate shows 99%
    btw, can you PM me a instruction also?
    Got to try this app. It sounds very helpful.
  12.    #552  
    Quote Originally Posted by cradrock77 View Post
    Got to try this app. It sounds very helpful.
    Better not. You may get very upset with your new Seidio ;-)
  13.    #553  
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_wangjun View Post
    btw, can you PM me a instruction also?
    Assuming you ask for the secret to change the Manufacturer Rating: done.
    Me! Me! Can I get the secret too? Please?
  15.    #555  
    Quote Originally Posted by manueljaime View Post
    Me! Me! Can I get the secret too? Please?
    done
    Ok, I got this battery from Dealextreme. The manufacturer rating was 1150, but using the secret code I changed it to 2300 and waited for it to discharge to start calibrating. Problem is it began charging normally, reached 94% (around 2100mah) and then the phone just shut down by itself. Not suddenly, the phone started the shut down process (the round logo in the middle of the screen). I tried to power it on again, but after some seconds of watching the palm logo blinking on the screen it just shut down again. I unplugged it, tried once more but the phone showed the battery logo with a question mark inside it (like when you try booting it without a battery). After a few minutes, it just booted normally.
    The battery now shows 2093 mAh, 4.11V. I'm worried I may have tried to overcharge it. Should I manually set the rating to say 2000 and try again?
    I really think you fried it, it happened to me also. Try lowering the max rate, but I really don't expect much. Mine began dying whenever I tried to take a picture, the phone just shut down.

I'd really recommend you to try to get a replacement, but I couldn't.

Too bad these batteries don't have proper overcharge protection
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I really think you fried it
    Yeah, me too. I just powered the phone off to insert my SIM card, and when I tried booting it up again I couldn't, the screen was black
    After removing and inserting the battery a couple of times, it finally booted, but I'm seeing strange ssl errors in my email, which I hadn't seen before. Well, back to my Mugen 1400 it is then...
    Thanks for this app nice to see that i am still at 98%
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    Thanks for this app nice to see that i am still at 98%
    How long have you been using your battery? If it's been awhile, you may need to re-calibrate it to prevent the sudden "death drop syndrome" at a certain percentage.

Once you re-calibrate it, the overall health will probably decrease but it will be a more accurate estimation.