Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slosh01 View Post
    Hello somline.

I just downloaded your Dr. Battery app an am about to attempt my first calibraton - hopefully everything comes out alright.

I too have a Seido 1350 battery and would like to return it to it's rated capacity. Would it be possible for you to send me the reset code & any unique instructions that may be be asscoated with it?

I'll provide feedback when I get this thing reset.

Thanks!!

Slosh01
    It took 2 hrs to completely calibrate the battery & receive the "calibration successful alert." When I finished I checked the Health of the battery and it stood at 88%. I reset it to 100% & Battery State on the Actual page dropped to 92%. I will execute another calibration once I've drained the battery & see if everythiing synchronizes itself.

Thanks for the great app & the information Somline
  2.    #462  
    If you did this after setting MFR to 1350 you see that this battery can hold 1188mAh. If this is a new battery you proved again, that the saidio doesn't have 1350mAh. If it is say 3/4 year old it may had 1350 initially.you can try again but don't expect to get much more.

My english It is written proof PROOF PROOF!
    Last edited by somline; 09/20/2010 at 11:06 AM.
    It took 2 hrs to completely calibrate the battery & receive the "calibration successful alert." When I finished I checked the Health of the battery and it stood at 88%.
    If you reset the MFG rating to 1350 and then calibrated it and got 88% health, that equals 1188, which is further proof that the Seidio battery isn't actually a 1350 and really a 1150. You were able to get an additional 38 mAh out of it.

I reset it to 100% & Battery State on the Actual page dropped to 92%. I will execute another calibration once I've drained the battery & see if everythiing synchronizes itself.
    I don't see you getting 1350 mAh out of this battery no matter what you do.
  4.    #464  
    @Trekker almost the same song ;-) I have to remember how to write proof
  5.    #465  
    @All
    To get access to the MFR changing you don't have to send a PM to me. Just post it here and someone will send it to you.
    I would like the reset code for the 1350 battery and any new helpful information on these batteries by Seidio. Thanks!
    I was hopeing someone would by now but still no access code to change my manufacture rating.
  8.    #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueleader7 View Post
    I was hopeing someone would by now but still no access code to change my manufacture rating.
    done @ 7:30 in the morning without having a coffee yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Ok...but if you set it to 100% and then don't calibrate it afterward, you aren't going to get the true health.
    Ok so after the first calibration I didn't notice any huge improvement. So I calibrated it again after setting it to 100% and now it was back to 84% post-calibration. I then set it again to 100% and then charged it overnight.

Today, I got incredible use. All the way from 07:00 to 23:00. Not a single charge. Light usage throughout the day, some pandora for 15 min in the AM. Push email (2) accounts - my work and home gmail accounts and running facebook app, sending a few texts. A few minutes of angry birds. Not bad at all. I use the Govanah and Uberkernel, but I 'underclock' my pre to 125 Mhz -> max 500 Mhz. Even so, this usually this only gets me to 6pm, barely...

So to recap:
    1. Seidio 1350 genuine
    2. Initially 99%
    3. Set to health 100%
    4. Drained it and ran calibrate
    5. Health now 85% (this is a new battery too?!)
    6. Set to health 100% and charged it.
    ***No major improvement noted at this stage***
    7. Drained it and ran calibrate for second time
    8. Health now 84% (disappointing)
    9. Set health to 100%
    10. Let it charge on Touchstone charger overnight
    11. Good battery life as above.

Not sure if that's how it was supposed to work but it seems to be working for now.

Now, will a "cured' battery retain it's goodness if swapped out. I put my "cured" battery in the other Pre in our family having issue and took its battery. I plan to do the above procedure and see if it works....
  10.    #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    Ok so after the first calibration I didn't notice any huge improvement. So I calibrated it again after setting it to 100% and now it was back to 84% post-calibration. I then set it again to 100% and then charged it overnight.
    Calibrating is nothing else than a charge from 0% to 100% with the addition to recalculate the Health at the end (what you reverted).
    I don't believe you get different runtimes with what you did but you will get different %/mAh readings.
    I expect your device will now suddenly shutdown at 10-20%.

EDIT: And (sorry to say that) your expensive 1350mAh Battery has almost the same quality as a 3$ Centro.

EDIT2:
    Now, will a "cured' battery retain it's goodness if swapped out.
    Yes.
    The info is stored within the battery (chip EEPROM).
    Last edited by somline; 09/21/2010 at 04:02 AM.
    9. Set health to 100%
    10. Let it charge on Touchstone charger overnight
    11. Good battery life as above.
    If you set health to 100%, you should always calibrate it right after, otherwise you aren't getting a true health reading.
    I need the reset code for the 1350 battery.
    Thanks!
  13.    #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    I need the reset code for the 1350 battery.
    Thanks!
    done

EDIT: There is no "reset code" for a battery MFR. These "1350" Batteries never where set to 1350. But you can change this value to everything to want (500-5000) e.g. 1350.
    The MFR is set by the manufacturer and will never change (execept you do it with Dr.Battery)
    But again: At your own risk.

EDIT: @All: Since there are so many "requests about a reset code" I'm afraid you don't know what you're doing. Please read at least this thread even if it takes 1/2 hour.
    You will find the posts from NuttyBunny who unfortunately fried his battery.
    Better you would also read the root thread of that all.

Please remember Batteries are able to burn and even explode.
    Last edited by somline; 09/21/2010 at 07:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    @All with a bigger > 2000 Battery
    As we know now the 20drop0 Problem can be solved (or at leased reduced) by Dr.Battery I'm interested to know if the calibration works for the huge babies.
    I don't have such a battery and therefore couldn't do any tests.
    What I've read in this thread nobody has successfully calibrated such a battery as of now.
    Thanks
    Somline. I hadn't been following the thread, I have been too busy (not as busy as you). I successfully calibrated a Seido 2600 on my first try. I used your information to set the manufacturer rating to 2600 from 2300 and set health at 100%. I drained the battery (took all day) and then charged all night. I put the phone in airplane mode overnight to ensure no interruption.

No problems other than I don't think I ever got 2600 mAh. Current capacity (max) is 2184 and battery is about 8 months old. I would buy a new one but I doubt I would get 2600 with it.

I wonder if we should start a thread for each battery capacity, letting each type report what they found. Would be an interesting study in each manufacturer. You would want to know age and current capacity. Just a thought.

Sorry for taking so long to get this information to you.
    Dan
  15.    #475  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Somline. I hadn't been following the thread, I have been too busy (not as busy as you). I successfully calibrated a Seido 2600 on my first try. I used your information to set the manufacturer rating to 2600 from 2300 and set health at 100%. I drained the battery (took all day) and then charged all night. I put the phone in airplane mode overnight to ensure no interruption.

No problems other than I don't think I ever got 2600 mAh. Current capacity (max) is 2184 and battery is about 8 months old. I would buy a new one but I doubt I would get 2600 with it.
    Thanks for sharing your results. So even the huge once can be successfully calibrate and it seems Seidio knows how to sell batteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    I wonder if we should start a thread for each battery capacity, letting each type report what they found. Would be an interesting study in each manufacturer. You would want to know age and current capacity. Just a thought.
    I think one thread is enough for now. I can't follow these 2 threads here and the 7 others in the android and german forums ;-)
    Hey!

It's been a while since I've been able to check in. My 1350mAh still does the 18% Death Drop even though it shows/thinks it's totally healthy:

Any ideas? Should I use the one hex code to make the battery postpone the Death Drop? I'll have to dig though the thread since I Doctored my phone a few weeks back and lost my Memos (long story...).

I do have the powerd config hack in place, just so you know.

M.
  17.    #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Hey!

It's been a while since I've been able to check in. My 1350mAh still does the 18% Death Drop even though it shows/thinks it's totally healthy:
    M.
    Good to see you back. I already wondered about you absence.
    You have the new version 0.1.2? Did you already calibrate successfully?
    You should not use the powerd hack atm. In the new version of Dr.Battery you are able to set the MFR (after requesting the secret code ;-)
    Good to see you back. I already wondered about you absence.
    You have the new version 0.1.2? Did you already calibrate successfully?
    You should not use the powerd hack atm. In the new version of Dr.Battery you are able to set the MFR (after requesting the secret code ;-)

I've been having a nightmare of a few weeks with work and stuff like that (I REALLY have to get out of IT...). I've still been reading/following, though!

OK, I'll disable the powerd hack.

Yes, I have 0.1.2. I don't understand the code thing, and according to the changelog, I guess mine is either not working, or I don't understand. It says that I can hold the "Manufacturer Rating" and it'll then allow me to edit that. I've held, I've double tapped, I've double-tapped-held last-tap, etc., on both the number there AND the label. The field will not change to editable.

And yes, I guess I'd like a code please.

M.
  19.    #479  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I've been having a nightmare of a few weeks with work and stuff like that (I REALLY have to get out of IT...). I've still been reading/following, though!

OK, I'll disable the powerd hack.

Yes, I have 0.1.2. I don't understand the code thing, and according to the changelog, I guess mine is either not working, or I don't understand. It says that I can hold the "Manufacturer Rating" and it'll then allow me to edit that. I've held, I've double tapped, I've double-tapped-held last-tap, etc., on both the number there AND the label. The field will not change to editable.

And yes, I guess I'd like a code please.

M.
    Sorry to hear about your nightmare. I did already send the code (before your post ;-).
    EDIT: Sorry to confuse you. You are not able to change the MFR until you got the code
    So you haven't calibrate still?
    Sorry to hear about your nightmare. I did already send the code (before your post ;-).
    So you haven't calibrate still?

I just read the PM. My phone is rebooting right now for the change in powerd.

Yes, as far as I know the calibrate had went fine. It's been a few weeks now, so I honestly don't remember. I think that's why it says 100% on the health screen, it's just that it still does the Death Drop. I did have to use teh one hex value to stop the thing from Death Dropping so I had enough time to plug it in, though.

M.