Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Thank you. That was a quick 2 weeks! There is a secret code somewhere? I couldn't find it. I'd like to set my Sedio 1350 to it's rated capacity.
  2.    #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by rksand View Post
    Thank you. That was a quick 2 weeks! There is a secret code somewhere? I couldn't find it. I'd like to set my Sedio 1350 to it's rated capacity.
    This is the nature of secrets :-) You can't find them easily.
    You may have read why we decided to "hide" this function.
    PM send. And good luck with your Seidio.
    Just installed version .1.2 and the serivce is still installed. Can I delete it since the service is now built into the app?
  4.    #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchris222 View Post
    Just installed version .1.2 and the serivce is still installed. Can I delete it since the service is now built into the app?
    I don't understand this but yes you can delete drbatterysrv.
    I have no time at the moment but will search for the problem.

EDIT: Did you install using preware?
    Last edited by somline; 09/19/2010 at 10:02 AM.
    Yes I did. Please disreguard my last post. I opened preware up and the service no longer showed up.

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    This is the nature of secrets :-) You can't find them easily.
    You may have read why we decided to "hide" this function.
    PM send. And good luck with your Seidio.
    Hello,

I have the Seidio 1350 and would like to set this value as well. Can you please PM me the code too?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    JUst set my Seido from default of 1150mah to 1350mah then charged. I charged to 1283mah. My battery is at 95% life. So far all went well. Ill post back later to day to see if there is much difference in overall battery life. This is Awesome APP. Thank-you
  8.    #448  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToxiePre View Post
    Hello,

I have the Seidio 1350 and would like to set this value as well. Can you please PM me the code too?

Thanks!
    done
  9.    #449  
    Quote Originally Posted by agiudici View Post
    JUst set my Seido from default of 1150mah to 1350mah then charged. I charged to 1283mah. My battery is at 95% life. So far all went well. Ill post back later to day to see if there is much difference in overall battery life. This is Awesome APP. Thank-you
    Good news. Did you successfully calibrate?

EDIT: If so, you have 1283mAh now. If not, you don't know.
    Last edited by somline; 09/19/2010 at 01:40 PM.
    I tried the calibration procedure on my stock Palm battery, but it failed at about 25% when I got an incoming phone call.

Can you not do anything at all with the device while it's in the calibration / recharge phase?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  11.    #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I tried the calibration procedure on my stock Palm battery, but it failed at about 25% when I got an incoming phone call.

Can you not do anything at all with the device while it's in the calibration / recharge phase?
    This is the funny part. I even could install and test new versions of Dr.Battery while calibrating. It seems some have that problem. Sorry, but airplane mode seems to be the only solution for that.
    EDIT: Figured out by Trekker ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Before doing anything with Dr Battery my phone would last 18-36hrs depending on usage (of course)... When checking the health with Dr Battery it showed it's health @ 93% so I did the calibration, which took forever to hit 3.4v phone stayed @ 0% and 3.6v for almost an hour an a half. After the calibration Dr Battery showed my health @ 75%.

The next two days my phone would barely make it though 8 hours before it was sitting @10% or less... So after reading around on these threads I reset the health back to 100% after a full nights charge the next the day when I got home from work (8-10 hours off the charger) I was sitting @73% and could easy make it another day on the same charge.

I'm not sure why but from some reason after calibration the phones run time got worse and after health reset it got better but whatever I'm not complaining
    Something similar here. We have 4 pre's and 4 seidio's. 2 of them have awesome battery life, the other two not so great. All rated at 1350 and verified using this tool (i.e. not "fake").

The battery is only 3 weeks old and after calibration health was "85%". I did what helidos did which is to set health to 100% after calibration and now I'm charging up from 85% --> 100%.

I'm expecting to see restored battery life. I don't think that's how this was supposed to work but I will report back with what I find....

So perhaps if your battery is not working as expected, it has improperly calibrated itself to a low capacity and using the above might somehow fix it?
    Question: Awesome app, but does the battery naturally ever "calibrate" itself in general? JUst wondering if it does, if so maybe it mis-calibrates itself from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    The battery is only 3 weeks old
    Is there a date of manufacture on the battery? Lithium Ion batteries degrade with age, even if they are sitting on a shelf unused. So, even if you buy a battery still in the packaging, there is no guarantee that it is "new."

I'm guessing that's one reason the OEM Pre batteries have come down in price, maybe these are older ones that have been sitting around for awhile.

and after calibration health was "85%". I did what helidos did which is to set health to 100% after calibration and now I'm charging up from 85% --> 100%.
    If you reset health to 100%, you should really calibrate it again to get the true health.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Is there a date of manufacture on the battery? Lithium Ion batteries degrade with age, even if they are sitting on a shelf unused. So, even if you buy a battery still in the packaging, there is no guarantee that it is "new."

I'm guessing that's one reason the OEM Pre batteries have come down in price, maybe these are older ones that have been sitting around for awhile.

If you reset health to 100%, you should really calibrate it again to get the true health.
    well initially health was 99%, I set it to 100%, and ran calibrate. Now health was 85% afterwards so I set it again to 100% and waiting to see what happens. So far so good....

Date of manufacture - ok will take a look
    well initially health was 99%, I set it to 100%, and ran calibrate. Now health was 85% afterwards so I set it again to 100% and waiting to see what happens.
    Ok...but if you set it to 100% and then don't calibrate it afterward, you aren't going to get the true health.
  17.    #457  
    Question: Awesome app, but does the battery naturally ever "calibrate" itself in general? JUst wondering if it does, if so maybe it mis-calibrates itself from time to time.
    No.
    EDIT: It estimates the Health by counting charge circles. But over time this doesn't reflect the true capacity.
    For calibration the chip needs be to in "learning mode". This mode starts at a certain voltage. This voltage is original set to that voltage when the palm shutsdown. When rebooting for some unknown reasons the learning mode gets of.
    Without changing the voltage the battery will never calibrate in the palm. It may be possible to get into the learning mode with an external charger. But since I don't have one I don't know.
    If you have enough time you may follow the thread where we discovered all that.
    Last edited by somline; 09/20/2010 at 01:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Hello somline.

I just downloaded your Dr. Battery app an and about to attempt my first calibraton - hopefully everything comes out alright.

I too have a Seido 1350 battery and would like to return it to it's rated capacity. Would it be possible for you to send me the reset code & any unique instructions that may be be asscoated with it?

I'll provide feedback when I get this thing reset.

Thanks!!

Slosh01
    Last edited by Slosh01; 09/20/2010 at 06:34 AM. Reason: spelling
  19.    #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slosh01 View Post
    Would it be possible for you to send me the reset code & any unique instructions that may be be asscoated with it?
    done
  20.    #460  
    I just want to repeat our warning:
    We don't know if there are side affects by changing the MFR. You do it on your own risk. I tried it a couple of times with no negative impact.
    After changing this value you need to calibrate. Else you will get some 20drop0 problem. Same is true for changing the age.