Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Thanks for your great app. Because of your app I determined my battery life was 50% and went to Sprint and they gave me two new batteries.

Thanks somline, and thanks Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnExplanatory View Post
    I'm sure the calibration feature of this app is very useful for people with battery problems once it works and actually resolves the problem.

But for me with a fairly good battery (1 year old; no problems) the calibration feature hasn't been as useful. I have never gotten it to work. I followed the procedures as closely as I could.

1. Downloaded the app and service properly through Preware (with a Java restart after)

2. Attempted first calibration (without resetting health.) I did everything exactly as instructed to begin the process, and it was calibrating until the charge level reach about 90%, then it failed.

3. Let the battery fully charge and I reset the health from the app menu.

4. Attempted second calibration as instructed and it failed at about 90% again.

5. Pulled the battery.

6. Attempted third calibration as instructed and it failed at about 90% again.

The only thing I was able to do with this app is view the real health of the battery which was cool.

But being unable to calibrate the battery, and the fact that I have reset the health attempting to work the calibration, means its harder to know how much power I have left because the values have changed (gives me 'phone will shut down soon' message at 0% instead of 5%) and I can no longer read the real health (because it was reset and I can't calibrate.)

I would recommend advising people who do not have a battery problem not to attempt a calibration.
    On my fourth attempt at a calibration with Airplane Mode enabled, it was a success.

Thank you. This is a good app. I understand that this app simply guides you through the batteries normal processes and that any failures are in battery/OS logic.
    I love this app. I've been having major battery problems that can only be solved with having airplane mode enabled at all times, defeating the purpose of having a smartphone. Because of this app, I can see my phone's health is between 50-59% after owning it for just 6 months! Sadly Verizon doesn't seem to care, but now I know I'm not crazy. Thank you!
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    palm covers there phone and battery for 1 year
    Quote Originally Posted by UnExplanatory View Post
    On my fourth attempt at a calibration with Airplane Mode enabled, it was a success.
    Just to clarify....was this your fourth attempt at calibration, but the first attempt with Airplane mode enabled?

If so, that would be another indication that it would be a good idea to put the phone in airplane mode before trying calibration for the first time.
    Sadly, after calibration my battery health is at 54%. Off to the Sprint store tomorrow to try for a replacement. I haven't run it on my spare battery yet, but I hardly ever use that one...it causes my phone to behave weirdly. However, I do have to say that the app worked perfectly on the first attempt no airplane mode needed! Thank you.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Before calibration 'Battery Health' was reported to be 95%. I then tried to calibrate but on 3-4 attempts, the phone would always turn off before I could connect the charger. I then 'reset' the Battery Health to 100% and tried calibration again. Finally with 'Airplane Mode On' I was able to get calibration to work. Now after calibration 'Battery Health' is reported to be 82% only. Is that right for only a 2 & 1/2 month phone? Should I try to recalibrate and see if that amkes a difference?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  8.    #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Before calibration 'Battery Health' was reported to be 95%. I then tried to calibrate but on 3-4 attempts, the phone would always turn off before I could connect the charger. I then 'reset' the Battery Health to 100% and tried calibration again. Finally with 'Airplane Mode On' I was able to get calibration to work. Now after calibration 'Battery Health' is reported to be 82% only. Is that right for only a 2 & 1/2 month phone? Should I try to recalibrate and see if that amkes a difference?
    You have the same (physical) capacity now as before. Calibration only adjust the information the battery is sending to webOS. What I've read in the manual of the chip and what is confirmed by the members in this thread:
    The battery now reports it's true capacity to the OS.
    You can do it again. It may vary for some %.

EDIT: And no, it's not right for 2&1/2 month. Try to get an exchange.
    Last edited by somline; 09/10/2010 at 12:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Just to clarify....was this your fourth attempt at calibration, but the first attempt with Airplane mode enabled?
    Yes. Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    You have the same (physical) capacity now as before. Calibration only adjust the information the battery is sending to webOS. What I've read in the manual of the chip and what is confirmed by the members in this thread:
    The battery now reports it's true capacity to the OS.
    You can do it again. It may vary for some %.

EDIT: And no, it's not right for 2&1/2 month. Try to get an exchange.
    Actually the reason I calibrated the batter ywas because the other day my phone dies immediately upon receiving a call with the battery showing 10% capacity left. Now after having calibrated I still have the same problem. Yesterday as an experiment I called myself with the battery showing 10% and immediately the phone shut down after a ring or two and even before I could get the chance to answer the phone. Any idea what could be the problem and is there a solution?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    getting service not running error...how do you activate?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    getting service not running error...how do you activate?
    As posted here:

You have to download and install the service and the app. If they are not available in preware, you can download from the links below.

Here is a link to the page for DrBatterySrv.

Here is a link to the page for Dr. Battery app.
    Trekker-

I took your advice and got a new battery from amazon for $7.95. I just put it in so its too soon to say if the battery life improved that much. I checked the battery health and it says %98. Makes you wonder where that %2 went as its a brand new battery! Its defintley a step up from my last battery which read %50
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    I took your advice and got a new battery from amazon for $7.95. I just put it in so its too soon to say if the battery life improved that much. I checked the battery health and it says %98. Makes you wonder where that %2 went as its a brand new battery!
    What does it list for the Manufacturer rating? The one that came with my replacement Pre lists 1183 mAh.

I think the age of the battery also matters. You can have an unused battery sitting on the shelf for a year or two and health will degrade.

Maybe the reason the OEM Pre batteries are getting so cheap (via 3rd party sites) is because they are older ones that have been sitting around for a year or so.

Still, 98% isn't bad at all for $7.95, especially when OEM Pre batteries from HP/Palm site cost $49.99!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    What does it list for the Manufacturer rating? The one that came with my replacement Pre lists 1183 mAh.

I think the age of the battery also matters. You can have an unused battery sitting on the shelf for a year or two and health will degrade.

Maybe the reason the OEM Pre batteries are getting so cheap (via 3rd party sites) is because they are older ones that have been sitting around for a year or so.

Still, 98% isn't bad at all for $7.95, especially when OEM Pre batteries from HP/Palm site cost $49.99!
    manufaturer rating says 1183 mah. Calculated left is 1159.
    manufaturer rating says 1183 mah. Calculated left is 1159.
    That's not bad, considering it's advertised as an 1150 mAh battery.

You could always try calibrating it to see the true health.
  17.    #417  
    Trekker-

I took your advice and got a new battery from amazon for $7.95. I just put it in so its too soon to say if the battery life improved that much. I checked the battery health and it says %98. Makes you wonder where that %2 went as its a brand new battery! Its defintley a step up from my last battery which read %50
    Again from the manual of the chip:
    "A value of 95% is recommended as the starting AS (age/Health) value at the time of pack manufacture to allow the learning of a larger capacity on batteries that have an initial capacity greater than the rated cell capacity programmed in the cell characteristic table."
    Hello Everyone

Used it last week and it works great!

- Two additional questions, I've trying a Pre slim extended battery and it just wouldn't fit right, has anyone had success if finding on that does
    - Can a Centro battery be used? ( I think there was a post early on but I can't find it)

Thanks
    Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by twodisks View Post
    Hello Everyone

- Two additional questions, I've trying a Pre slim extended battery and it just wouldn't fit right, has anyone had success if finding on that does
    - Can a Centro battery be used? ( I think there was a post early on but I can't find it)

Thanks
    Bill
    yeah centro batteries are pretty much the same battery. i use to use my old centro battery in my pre
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  20.    #420  
    Quote Originally Posted by twodisks View Post
    Hello Everyone

Thanks
    Bill
    What extended battery you are using? Never heard about that problem.
    What I've read the Amzer and Muggen (1400mAh) seem to be a good choice. Don't buy a Seidio since they mostly are 1150 only (instead 1350 as advertised). Check the battery after purchase.
    Again what I've read Centros are a good choice. Same as stock pre/pixi.

I don't have an extended battery nor a Centro. But you will find a lot of info about both in threads.
    Last edited by somline; 09/13/2010 at 10:04 AM.